Shuttle Switcharoo and Cryo Storage

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Shuttle Switcharoo and Cryo Storage

Post by Sheodir » #569329

Let's talk imershuns.

The way every round starts always bothered me - why are all these people only now arriving on the station? Why would they sometimes know each other, sometimes not, and why was everything setup and running and waiting for them to get here?

And both the Cargo and Arrival Shuttles always bothered me a fair bit. There's such a mad scramble and wait for the Departure Shuttle, why the hell are these two auxiliaries completely unused and non-viable?

Introducing - Cryo Storage! Replace Arrivals with a fully stacked cryo storage facility - somewhat similar to the CM one. Have some flavor text explaining you were either in Cryo to help with particularly bad insomnia, skipping through a hangover, or some other silly appropriate excuse like so. They can also be used to store SSD players (critical items and belongings can either be reset to default locations or the machine can just refuse entry if you're wearing em) and reassign antag objectives should one of them take the cold sleep (not sure on this, could be exploited, maybe make it count as done/TC bonus?).

I hear you say - but what about griefing cryo? Well, not only can it be considered in bad faith in most situations, similar to griefing Arrivals, but the cryo storage pods themselves are indestructible entities and when a player logs in, they start *inside* the pod. They can radio people from the inside, and thus even if everything else is space coordinate an exit of some kind - there could also be a bonus status effect protecting against environmental hazards for like 10 seconds right out of cryo to make sure they can just space walk to safety.

As for the Cargo Shuttle, remove the oxygen from that bitch, introduce a nifty department themed breathmask and oxy tank to Cargo Techs and just call it unfit for human transportation. I'd depressurize it too but then I'm pretty sure we'd need to give them hardsuits.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.