Create Nanite Backup Cloud Disks

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ip0wnn00bs
Byond Username: Ophaq

Create Nanite Backup Cloud Disks

Post by ip0wnn00bs » #589137

I feel that people or antags, the power going out, or an EMP deleting all your nanite settings in the cloud server is a pain in the butt. Especially when you make a really good list that takes like 15-20 minutes to set up. It would be nice if we could backup the cloud profile to a disk like how you can backup DNA stuff to a disk. That way, if an antag or whatever happens to delete your nanite settings or if you want to relocate the server to another location without destroying the nanite list in the process, you have can quickly re-upload them.
usnpeepoo
Byond Username: Usnpeepoo

Re: Create Nanite Backup Cloud Disks

Post by usnpeepoo » #589698

more than enough times i've had nonantag scientists delete my nanites after i completed doing them (and then merc'ing them). Would love to see this but maybe make the disk apart of the nanite research as its own standalone disk or perhaps a BEPIS reward like protocols.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: Create Nanite Backup Cloud Disks

Post by The Wrench » #593760

Not trying to Peanut post, but I really like this idea. Nanites are almost as complex if not more as genetics, so why not have the ability to make backup disks for programs?
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player