Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

SkeletalElite

Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

Postby SkeletalElite » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:19 am #590697

Removing individual records is fine and you can still remove them all by doing it one at a time but it takes longer and is more effort.

There is no reason to completely wipe all records, it's literally just a button to grief sec.

Edit: Or restrict it to emagged records console

cacogen

Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

Postby cacogen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 am #590699

I agree
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

Saege Tilth

Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Re: Remove the ability to completely purge security's records with a button press

Postby Saege Tilth » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:19 pm #591734

"I died as ninja. Please remove feature that makes it harder for me".

No. If anything the feature needs to be in that sets everybody to unarrest at the push of a button. Purging security records doesn't prevent someone from being set to arrest. You just have to manually put their name in and stop being so dependent on the game handing you what you want. It's given you the tools you need to do whatever you have to do.

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 pm #592555

Saege Tilth wrote:"I died as ninja. Please remove feature that makes it harder for me".

No. If anything the feature needs to be in that sets everybody to unarrest at the push of a button. Purging security records doesn't prevent someone from being set to arrest. You just have to manually put their name in and stop being so dependent on the game handing you what you want. It's given you the tools you need to do whatever you have to do.

What?

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 pm #592803

Saege Tilth wrote:"I died as ninja. Please remove feature that makes it harder for me".

If you mean that someone using security records to set you on arrest is what kills you as ninja then this is the wrong thread for that. This one is about removing security records, not adding them.
If you mean that someone deleting security records is what kills you as ninja then you're dying for completely unrelated reasons rip

I can't really tell what you mean in general here though tbh

Jaredfogle
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Postby Jaredfogle » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:02 am #592979

Ayy Lemoh wrote:

If you mean that someone using security records to set you on arrest is what kills you as ninja then this is the wrong thread for that. This one is about removing security records, not adding them.
If you mean that someone deleting security records is what kills you as ninja then you're dying for completely unrelated reasons rip

they mean that it counters ninja's hack ability on the security records console, which sets everyone to arrest
Mothblocks on Bagil - Say nice things about me

Screemonster

Byond Username: Scree

Postby Screemonster » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:55 am #592982

Jaredfogle wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:

they mean that it counters ninja's hack ability on the security records console, which sets everyone to arrest

I can't help but think that the solution to this is to smash the consoles after hacking them

Return to Ideas