Buff derelict station

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Apogate

Buff derelict station

Post by Apogate » #68396

To encourage people to explore space more and add some new ways for rounds to pan out, I thought it would be cool to add a few things to derelict in order to make it more interesting to visit:

- A broken grav gen that can be repaired for the station
- A few 02/Air canisters
- Maybe a tele or something similar
- Some kind of defunct atmos system

Thoughts? The only downside I could think of would be encouraging people to throw themselves off the station more.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Buff derelict station

Post by Steelpoint » #68397

I was looking over the derelict a little while ago and did plan on a few minor improvements, my main concern was how poorly the solars are wired and the lack of gravity.
Apogate

Post by Apogate » #68403

If there was gravity, it could be used in a lot of interesting ways
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #68437

Is the Empra SE still there? I remember I went looking some time ago and it wasn't where I remember it always being. My memory of the place is outdated by like probably years but yeah.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #68459

Balut wrote:Is the Empra SE still there? I remember I went looking some time ago and it wasn't where I remember it always being. My memory of the place is outdated by like probably years but yeah.
Gone, I think. Sorry.

Sentiments have been expressed in the past that space should be LESS interesting, since it discourages people from stealing EVA suits and fucking off. But I always felt that argument held very little water, and buffing the derelict also buffs slow-burn antagonists, which is something I approve of.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Festkongendk
Byond Username: Gobears

Post by Festkongendk » #691295

why would the broken grav generator be useful even if repaired? would the gravgen work on the station even if you fixed it on derelict?
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708745

Steelpoint wrote: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:50 am I was looking over the derelict a little while ago and did plan on a few minor improvements, my main concern was how poorly the solars are wired and the lack of gravity.
the derelict is derelict for a reason