New Genetics Powers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

New Genetics Powers

Post by Helios » #602790

With hulk nerfed, X-ray removed, and thermals nerfed, there's not many powers people want. Even if I'm giving them away, people typically only want TK and space adaptation. Here's some genetics powers I had bouncing in my head. If you got some ideas of your own feel free to share them
•Weld finger:This power would be a toggleable ability, when turned on it would turn your active hand into a welder. Combining this with radioactivity would turn it into a Daedra gauntlet looking metal fist, that would make that hand difficult/impossible to disarm, and be a fairly robust fist.
•Crowbarm:Similar idea to the last one, genetics ability that turns your arm into a crowbar. If you're dealing with firelocks frequently it's useful. Slightly lower power level compared to Insulated, but still decent.
•Fire and Ice: Combination power of Fiery Sweat and Cryokinesis/Geladikinesis. When activated the fire and ice react to one another, and fill the character's tile and the adjacent tiles with mist. These 9 mist tiles are difficult to see through, like smoke, and after being up for 5-10 seconds, all the effected floors will become wet. This ability would also put out all fires in the adjacent tiles. 90 second cool down
•Telempathy:Whenever someone dies on the station, your character knows about it, (getting a prompt like "12:15 JC Denton has died") but your character feels their pain and take 10 brute damage. It would provide you with a date and a name, but no location. It would be interesting to see what happens when 20 players get this power, if a few people die, the damage would just keep snowballing...
•Escape Artist: When used this would put a bluespace crystal in your active hand. You can use it yourself to escape a tough spot, or throw it at someone else to make them go away. Scientists and geneticists could also just load the bluespace crystals into mineral storage. 60 second cooldown
•Head fruit:Think Harold from Fallout 2. This would cause a small plant to start growing out of your head. This prevents you from using the head slot. Occasionally it fruits a golden apple, which you can eat yourself or give to other people for some minor nutrition/healing. Bad things happen if you catch on fire though.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: New Genetics Powers

Post by Pandarsenic » #602806

Helios wrote:With hulk nerfed, X-ray removed, and thermals nerfed, there's not many powers people want. Even if I'm giving them away, people typically only want TK and space adaptation.
No comment on the actual suggestions yet, but seconding that I simply cbf to grab anything but Space Adaptation.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #602809

External brain: Your brain is now external. If it is further from yourself than 1 tile away, your body immediately dies. However, you are immune to brain damage from chems, and your brain acts as its own MMI, meaning you cannot truly die unless the brain is obliterated in some fashion. (Maybe your brain can squeak away really slowly a la Psychonauts?)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #602813

Helios wrote:With hulk nerfed, X-ray removed, and thermals nerfed, there's not many powers people want. Even if I'm giving them away, people typically only want TK and space adaptation.
:lol:
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #602826

New power you lose your opposable thumbs
haha
Hugs
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #602833

X-Ray got removed? Can't tell you how many times my perfectly well-laid traitor plan got ruined because all of sec got X-Ray injectors.
Misdoubtful wrote:New power you lose your opposable thumbs
haha
Fetish content
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #602882

When will genetics allow me to make felinids human (and vice versa)?

Also;

Third eye: Similar to X-ray but allows you to see nameless ghosts at the cost of massive eye/brain damage

Open-eye: Combine third-eye. You lose normal vision but gain permanent sight on ghosts.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602894

Blue: makes you blue and forces you to emote dance every 2 seconds. You also randomly sing some italian techno from time to time.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #602908

I feel like any power suggested will be bizarre and useless instead of the solid, reliable, respectable, hardworking workhorse powers we had before everything got gutted into shit like the US public sector
chocolate_bickie wrote:When will genetics allow me to make felinids human (and vice versa)?
this would be cool

a traitor gimmick could be taking the snowflake OCs on manuel and making them human like that biden comic where he turns that woman into white
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #602927

cacogen wrote:I feel like any power suggested will be bizarre and useless instead of the solid, reliable, respectable, hardworking workhorse powers we had before everything got gutted into shit like the US public sector
chocolate_bickie wrote:When will genetics allow me to make felinids human (and vice versa)?
this would be cool

a traitor gimmick could be taking the snowflake OCs on manuel and making them human like that biden comic where he turns that woman into white
Those solid reliable workhorse powers got nerfed into the ground.
What's the point of suggesting a solid workhorse power, if it'll just get nerfed into uselessness, like Thermals, or Hulk, or just removed like X-ray?