Syndicate Lavabase Bounties

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Syndicate Lavabase Bounties

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #612909

Lava Base remains untouched, unlike other lavaland ruins which is suprising. Even beach bums got something to be rightously be doing in the midst of the RP servers that don't offer a arguement against bar-rp, smoking roaches and doing kickflips as perfectly legitimate game activities to be repeating for round duration. I've not been around too long, but i know how to git-navigate through some of the newer content to read about, and i thought this fitted quite well.

Experi-Syndie Bounties

Periodically, a lava-base bounty terminal will call in a particular demand, and when this task is succesfully scanned and submitted or the object that is requested has been delivered to the terminal, you gain a red syndicate bounty-block brick you can exchange for points by bringing to the Syndicate LTSRBT in the cargo-port. Declining a bounty wont penalize but it will take time for a new bounty to appear in its place similarly to being over-successful and having no bounties to complete for the next four to five minutes refreshment.

Syndicate LTSRBT

A corporate offshoot of the Black Market LTSRBT, outgoing or incoming cargo is handled discreetly by this machine and the console nearby. It can be rebuilt elsewhere as a generic bluespace tranciever but works distinctly to order syndicate crates.

Sample of availible objects from the syndicate suppliers may include
Spoiler:
Cheap
- More monkey cubes
- Excess scientist uniforms
- Sheet supplies

Expensive
- Machinery boards (ORM, autolathe, mining rewards vendor, restaurant portal for the bar)
- Spare munitions to defend the base with.
- Selective misc additions from the black market uplink with no availiblity restrictions.
- Mining survival essentials.

High end and probably maintainer veto'd additions
- Dark Clarke mining mech with KA mech addon (supplied in seperate paid installments)
- More dangerous items from the black market uplink.
- Heat proof rods (from BEPIS, for expanding over lava)

Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Syndicate Lavabase Bounties

Post by Pandarsenic » #612971

I can't help but think that there's no way this possibly ends that isn't miners grabbing RCDs to loot the lavaland base even more urgently, walling in the sleepers so that even if ghosts spawn they can't do anything; then, they do the syndicate bounties for more gamer gear to come back to the station and ruin the round with.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #612976

Pandarsenic wrote:I can't help but think that there's no way this possibly ends that isn't miners grabbing RCDs to loot the lavaland base even more urgently, walling in the sleepers so that even if ghosts spawn they can't do anything; then, they do the syndicate bounties for more gamer gear to come back to the station and ruin the round with.
That's as good a arguement for opting to finally retire, or rework/remap the syndicate lavaland base in capacity - walling in or killing syndicate scientists happens every day of the week currently. Just saying their own risk of being mistook for antagonists and killed, rises considerably by taking this gear rather than other valid lavaland rewards, as we've already been over this hill with away mission-loot.
  • Last lava-base breach i saw, miners had in excess of 15 minutes to prepare a RCD and explicitly buy SWAT equipment to storm a angle of the base that seemed well practiced, doing both of these seems to be the immediate reaction to any kind of threatening lavaland ghost ruin.
Scientists do have explicit instructions to defend and deny the lavaland base's assets, so please sound off any ideas to reinforce local security, if you dont have any more thoughts about the OP.

Spoiler:
Addust
Byond Username: Addust

Post by Addust » #613105

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:I can't help but think that there's no way this possibly ends that isn't miners grabbing RCDs to loot the lavaland base even more urgently, walling in the sleepers so that even if ghosts spawn they can't do anything; then, they do the syndicate bounties for more gamer gear to come back to the station and ruin the round with.
That's as good a arguement for opting to finally retire, or rework/remap the syndicate lavaland base in capacity - walling in or killing syndicate scientists happens every day of the week currently. Just saying their own risk of being mistook for antagonists and killed, rises considerably by taking this gear rather than other valid lavaland rewards, as we've already been over this hill with away mission-loot.
  • Last lava-base breach i saw, miners had in excess of 15 minutes to prepare a RCD and explicitly buy SWAT equipment to storm a angle of the base that seemed well practiced, doing both of these seems to be the immediate reaction to any kind of threatening lavaland ghost ruin.
Scientists do have explicit instructions to defend and deny the lavaland base's assets, so please sound off any ideas to reinforce local security, if you dont have any more thoughts about the OP.
More turrets, and give them penetrator rounds to tear through the miners. It's also logical lore-wise as it's an important syndicate facility
I play as Addust Johnson, the whiteship-addicted explorer, and the Anonymous Syndicate Rep, indirect cause of several raids.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #613930

I wish the Lavaland base had a working supply shuttle. I don't know what it would actually add gameplay-wise, but it would be cool. Also walling in ghost role spawners or making the room inhospitable is FUCKING BULLSHIT and if you do it you are a bad person. And yeah it needs more turrets it's stupidly easy to get over there.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: