Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Minor Suggestions

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:08 pm #141564

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
TrustyGun wrote:A "deprecated" radio key should be added, which would be an unused radio channel that no one uses. It should have a chance to spawn as maintenance loot.

Would be useful for antags that don't have group antag chat (not a lot), or assistants that want their own assistant channel.

Hey did you know you can just change the frequency on a regular headset to create your own private channel?

Then you have to drop Common.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:14 pm #141565

DemonFiren wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
TrustyGun wrote:A "deprecated" radio key should be added, which would be an unused radio channel that no one uses. It should have a chance to spawn as maintenance loot.

Would be useful for antags that don't have group antag chat (not a lot), or assistants that want their own assistant channel.

Hey did you know you can just change the frequency on a regular headset to create your own private channel?

Then you have to drop Common.

SBR in your pocket.

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:41 pm #141567

Then switching is clunky.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:05 pm #141605

New ghetto weapon, matchlock firearms.
Made from wood, metal, and maybe something else. No modular reciever though. Fires improvised shells only. Must load a fresh match before you load your shell. Has a 10% chance to backfire on the user either when you load it or fire it, not sure which is more appropriate. Probably would need to be balanced by a decent reload time or something. I just wanna shoot down nuke ops with a line of musketmen
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

Takeguru

Byond Username: TakeGuru

Postby Takeguru » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:19 pm #141606

You can already make rifle stocks from wood, so you can reuse that

I think it should be able to use any ammo, but have different failure chances, if that's possible
Like a shotshell would have a pretty low chance of failure, but if you managed to steal and load a newcop's .50 it'd have a pretty high chance of grenading in your hands

1g88a

Byond Username: Ig88A

Postby 1g88a » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:55 am #141957

Make it so that if someone combines two bags of holding, the person doing it gets sucked out of existence and no round-ending singularity is formed.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"

Takeguru

Byond Username: TakeGuru

Postby Takeguru » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:53 pm #142806

Lasertag ED-209s should be under normal bot access restriction, not security bot.

Screemonster

Byond Username: Scree

Postby Screemonster » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:35 am #142872

Takeguru wrote:Lasertag ED-209s should be under normal bot access restriction, not security bot.

Only allow it if someone's wearing the correct-colour lasertag vest :v

TrustyGun

Byond Username: TrustyGun

Postby TrustyGun » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:07 pm #143027

Ghosts should be able to view the minimap.

Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Zilenan91

Postby Zilenan91 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:10 pm #143030

Blobs should be able ot have a radar of all their blob pieces so they can keep better watch over itself.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS

FantasticFwoosh
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Postby FantasticFwoosh » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:45 am #143102

Using a free hand on disable intent when holding someone in a close aggressive grip should muffle their words akin to holding your hand over their mouth, allowing sneaky beaky takedowns.

Additionally shoving a gun in someones mouth should muffle their (often last) words too.

Spoiler:

Cik

Byond Username: Cik

Postby Cik » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:41 pm #143124

when you have a gun between your teeth you speak only in vowels

Jacough

Byond Username: Jacough

Postby Jacough » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:51 am #144041

Ball crushing:
Use grab intent while targeting someone's groin to grab their balls and squeeze them, causing them to fall over in pain.

MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Byond Username: MisterPerson

Postby MisterPerson » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:19 pm #144060

Jacough wrote:Ball crushing:
Use grab intent while targeting someone's groin to grab their balls and squeeze them, causing them to fall over in pain.

This isn't the shitty ideas thread, try again.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter

InsaneHyena

Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Postby InsaneHyena » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:16 pm #144108

Clown hardsuit. Don't actually place it anywhere on the station - just add it for adminspawn in case flukes decide to go honk ops.
Bring back papercult.

kust

Byond Username: Kustridaren

Postby kust » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:41 pm #144321

Change the way jobs is locked instead of join once and after 2 weeks of not playing it's unlocked change it to be counting the time you have been on the server/servers

TheNightingale

Byond Username: TheNightingale

Postby TheNightingale » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:58 pm #144336

A type of shield that gives 100% melee protection, 100% energy protection, and 100% ballistic protection - but not all at once. You have to toggle between the three modes, and decide what you want resistance in.

Gun Hog

Byond Username: Gun Hog

Postby Gun Hog » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:12 am #144437

TheNightingale wrote:A type of shield that gives 100% melee protection, 100% energy protection, and 100% ballistic protection - but not all at once. You have to toggle between the three modes, and decide what you want resistance in.

Multiphase Combat Energy Shield. Give it at an increased cost to Ops compared to the current shield, and maybe a researchable at high illegal level and Combat 6 at RnD?

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Postby Zilenan91 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:35 am #144446

Don't put survivability items into RnD or else we'll see scientists go on endless murder sprees and never be able to die.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

1g88a

Postby 1g88a » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:09 am #144891

Bluespace fire extinguisher.

Screemonster

Postby Screemonster » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:38 am #144905

Make nitrogen react with oxygen to form N2O in the presence of high-energy things and sparks.

Like the teslaball.

One Seven One

Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Postby One Seven One » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:53 am #145033

Syringe Claws

Attach a few syringe to a pair of gloves with some wire you found in maintenance and you've got a ghetto pair of claws.
You equip them in to your glove slot an on hit to an unarmored area of a person they'd have a chance to apply whatever reagent you loaded the syringe claws with in small dosages. One to three units or maybe less than one.

Could be fun for slowly poisoning your opponent during a scuffle or forcing your opponent to stop using their weapon by filling the claws with beepsky smash.

Screemonster

Postby Screemonster » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 am #145044

One Seven One wrote:Syringe Claws

Attach a few syringe to a pair of gloves with some wire you found in maintenance and you've got a ghetto pair of claws.
You equip them in to your glove slot an on hit to an unarmored area of a person they'd have a chance to apply whatever reagent you loaded the syringe claws with in small dosages. One to three units or maybe less than one.

Could be fun for slowly poisoning your opponent during a scuffle or forcing your opponent to stop using their weapon by filling the claws with beepsky smash.

So basically you want to recreate that one scene from Nightmare on Elm Street 3?

ShadowDimentio

Byond Username: David273

Postby ShadowDimentio » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:53 am #145047

On Bay if you harm intent someone with a syringe you stab them, forcibly injecting whatever's inside and breaking it.

It opens up some neat opportunities.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

1g88a

Postby 1g88a » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:01 am #145096

A hidden camera for traitors and Operatives. Comes with a remote viewing implant and a small camera that can be disguised as other small objects. The camera can also be attached to a jumpsuit as an accessory, but the only way you'd know it was there is if you removed it from the uniform yourself.

Operatives can monitor a stealthop's status directly, disguise it as a piece of junk and toss it at a window from space, traitors can cooperate in a similar manner, bug a uniform before giving it to their target, leave the camera disguised as a pen in a secure area, know exactly when to detonate your hidden explosives from across the station.

Remie Richards

Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
Byond Username: CrimsonVision

Postby Remie Richards » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:48 pm #145129

1g88a wrote:A hidden camera for traitors and Operatives. Comes with a remote viewing implant and a small camera that can be disguised as other small objects. The camera can also be attached to a jumpsuit as an accessory, but the only way you'd know it was there is if you removed it from the uniform yourself.

Operatives can monitor a stealthop's status directly, disguise it as a piece of junk and toss it at a window from space, traitors can cooperate in a similar manner, bug a uniform before giving it to their target, leave the camera disguised as a pen in a secure area, know exactly when to detonate your hidden explosives from across the station.

besides disguising it as an item, this is just the camera bug item.
私は完璧

Gun Hog

Postby Gun Hog » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:48 pm #145131

1g88a wrote:A hidden camera for traitors and Operatives. Comes with a remote viewing implant and a small camera that can be disguised as other small objects. The camera can also be attached to a jumpsuit as an accessory, but the only way you'd know it was there is if you removed it from the uniform yourself.

A camera bug can suffice for most of these needs, as you can use them for tracking people as well. You could have a 1TC bundle of portable cameras to expand the network as needed.

Gun Hog

Postby Gun Hog » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 am #145279

Change the Extended game mode to have increased random event rates! Instead of a single antagonist or forcing an admin to do all the fun, the higher chance of side antagonists (abductors, revenants, weak blobs, ninjas, etc) will provide a more varied experience, more anomaly chances for Science to make a Phazon or get research up faster, things to keep the Engineers busy, etc.

Kel-the-Oblivious

Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Postby Kel-the-Oblivious » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:12 am #145291

All operative pinpointers to switch between the disc and the nuke as it's target, allowing operatives who have gotten lost or abandoned the ability to find their way between the two most important things in the game. Have it require a syndicate firing pin, so only the syndicates can swap between the two objectives.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag

Random Players

Byond Username: Random Players

Postby Random Players » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:04 pm #145601

Gun Hog wrote:Change the Extended game mode to have increased random event rates! Instead of a single antagonist or forcing an admin to do all the fun, the higher chance of side antagonists (abductors, revenants, weak blobs, ninjas, etc) will provide a more varied experience, more anomaly chances for Science to make a Phazon or get research up faster, things to keep the Engineers busy, etc.

A better option than changing Extended mode itself might be to create a 'clone' called 'Eventfull Extended' or such?

Lumbermancer

Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Postby Lumbermancer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:53 pm #145613

Hey, listen. What if Security Records in PDA showed photo as well?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge

Ahammer18

Byond Username: Ahammer18

Postby Ahammer18 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:57 am #145698

A hairband that allows those with certain long hair styles to tie their hair up without using a mirror.

A pocket mirror so you can change your hairstyle on the go.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin

Ahammer18

Byond Username: Ahammer18

Postby Ahammer18 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:34 pm #145908

A glitter regent that makes everything sprarkle when thrown on a person or put in a smoke grenade.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin

IrishWristWatch0

Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Postby IrishWristWatch0 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:46 pm #145922

Ahammer18 wrote:A glitter regent that makes everything sprarkle when thrown on a person or put in a smoke grenade.

That could also be used to block/deflect lasers.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗

<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish

Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words

420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass

Lzimann's best friend.

° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °

╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝

Gun Hog

Postby Gun Hog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:40 pm #145934

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
Ahammer18 wrote:A glitter regent that makes everything sprarkle when thrown on a person or put in a smoke grenade.

Make it extra sparkly in starlight!

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Postby ThanatosRa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:49 pm #146201

Gun Hog wrote:
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:

Make it extra sparkly in starlight!

A laser reflecting glitterbomb?

My god.

The sparkleeffect should not be removable from a mob by any means including removing clothing.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

One Seven One

Postby One Seven One » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:48 pm #146213

What if radiation from Uranium statues and radiation events had a chance of mutating simple mobs in to other simple mods or in to something deadlier?

One moment Ian is being adorable and the next it's an angry Goliath.
Maybe a wizard summoned the mass producing mob event and some enterprising scientist setup a uranium statue to irradiate all of the rats in maintenance.

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Postby ThanatosRa » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:13 pm #146468

One Seven One wrote:What if radiation from Uranium statues and radiation events had a chance of mutating simple mobs in to other simple mods or in to something deadlier?

One moment Ian is being adorable and the next it's an angry Goliath.
Maybe a wizard summoned the mass producing mob event and some enterprising scientist setup a uranium statue to irradiate all of the rats in maintenance.

Sooooo 50s Green Rocks Fallout radiation?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

Kel-the-Oblivious

Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Postby Kel-the-Oblivious » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:56 am #146798

Traitor Item: FEV Syringe. Inject it into anything and expose to minor radiation to make it incredibly strong and hostile.

Combo with the radiation medi-scanner, and you have horribly monster timebombs.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag

Thundercoot

Byond Username: Erwgd

Postby Thundercoot » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:24 pm #146864

The GPS should have a map of the Z-level like on the handheld crew monitor.

One Seven One

Postby One Seven One » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:23 am #146921

Add the gun receiver to the random Maintenance item list.
It'll give people a chance to actually use the Pipe shotgun.

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Postby Zilenan91 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:26 am #146922

That's actually a really good idea, the modular receiver in maint.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

1g88a

Postby 1g88a » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:17 am #146959

Why is it called the modular receiver when there's nothing modular about it?

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:55 am #146965

Nobody bothered to make other guns constructable, is why.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Gun Hog

Postby Gun Hog » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:49 pm #146999

The modular receiver should be an autolathe item, not a protolathe item. There is no point in Science making GARBAGE MAKESHIFT guns, leave that to the assistants. Science should be able to make its own, proper shotgun. It makes little sense that they can make all these wonderful tech shells but cannot make a shotgun to use them!

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:20 pm #147000

Make science able to create four- or six-round mini-Bulldogs?

Make them able to create more riot shotguns?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Postby Zilenan91 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:52 pm #147003

Honestly yeah the modular receiver should be able to be made in the autolathe/found in maint.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:08 pm #147026

I wonder if chifir' should be happening.

Obviously it would make you puke and possibly provoke a heart attack after drinking (especially if sugar is in there as well), but imagine the CAFFEINE.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:49 pm #147112

Or how about using uranium to brew atomic coffee for maximum gofast
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:01 pm #147113

No, you're doing it wrong.

Remember the Rewriter?

Make that with nuka-cola and coffea robusta.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas