Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Ezel » #188427

Bottom post of the previous page:

InsaneHyena wrote:Are you the guy who one click pushed me, stole my gun, tried to shoot me, failed and got killed by my sidearm?
Nope i was the guy with a sword that was fighting a nuke op in bridge and got killed but hey i got a point
The future is horrible!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #189418

Who wants a hurricane of suggestions?

Dipping sharp melee weapons, like surgical tools, in chemicals should cause them to apply that chemical the next time they're used to attack someone, as well as being used for surgery as a means of subtly poisoning someone in a less conspicuous manner.
Running over a skateboard in the middle of a hallway should make you trip and cause the board to careen down the hallway.
You ought to be able to attach grenades to mousetraps that function as mines when stood on, with modification this can be used for guns (and cap guns) as well. Attaching a cyborg (or organic arm) and a cream pie/boxing glove creates a clown trap.
You should be able make an improved IED from a metal sheet, 5 units of cable, an igniter, a timer, a filled container, a welder and a screwdriver. It behaves like an IED except it's more reliable and can be filled with chemicals besides welding fuel.

You should be able to modify SMES storage units to drain power from a network instead of merely store it, allowing engineers to use them as makeshift power sinks.
You can make a trip wire from 15 units of cable and two metal rods that can accept attachments, such as grenades or remote signalers.
Emagging a fire alarm or air alarm in a room should emag every fire alarm or air alarm in a room.
Computers and machinery should be hackable to remove AI control over the individual machines.
Malf AIs should get a module that let's them remotely emag a machine so their lie about an APC being emagged seems more reasonable when it's next to an emagged door.
AIs should have a keycard auth. device next to their core so they can swipe for red alert (borgs already can swipe).
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #190269

Add an autoimplanter machine or item to high-level RnD, cause implants are cool but underutilized due to the fact that not everyone knows or wants to do surgery and because it generally takes a lot of time and specialized tools; let everyone have their xray implant!
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190271

Anonmare wrote:WOW I'M NOT READING THAT CRAP
Mousetrap grenades already exist. Just make a mousetrap-igniter assembly.
We already have infrared trip wires. Kinda, sorta.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #190753

chameleon bombs

literally just a minibomb that you scan on something like a chameleon projector and use in-hand to disguise and arm it

comes with proximity, timed or motion-sensitive (goes off when you pick it up or drag it) triggers
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #190800

Chameleon storage

Is a box you can a item with example scan a rcd gg now you can store tiny items in it under a disguise
The future is horrible!
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #191488

Make EMP kit more expensive. Remove grenades from it. Make EMP implant have unlimited charges, but a cooldown.
Bring back papercult.

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #191695

Hostile space mob that rarely appears in some space ruins - Skeletons in space suits constantly repeating the same phrase:-
Spoiler:
GEORGE MALLONS GRIFFING ME HALP
Drops remains and an EVA suit on death
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #191723

Losing an arm should make you stumble around PTSD style.
Explosions should have tinitus midi and if they don't break the floor should generate more smoke, so we have people stumbling around limbless.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #191763

Gamarr wrote:Back on topic- Animated skeletons should come in unremovable complete spacesuit.
-Prisoners on gulag shuttle spawns should wake up with a random virus sometimes/rarely.
-Ash Walkers cannot use most computer consoles outside of maybe switches or ones that have no large function (Crewman Monitor console/handhelds is just a big map with blips for instance).
-Eggs for Ash Walkers are influenced by the mobs that make them; console-using/hyper-intelligent breed come from sentient Human mobs (no, Legion corpses do not count), and maybe, for instance, using Goliaths gets you covered in hard scales/superior armor, while Watchers get you a breed that is resistant to the storm. I dunno.
-Beheading a Plasma-man should create a flaming skull, that you can pick up (and light yourself on fire in the process), and throw, catching other people on fire.
Adjustment to the Ash Walker egg thing: The milk from the ash walker spiders can be mixed in the bowl, along with things like goliath plates, watcher sinew, and legion hearts to make different elixirs/lotions, that are applied to the eggs. The eggs are then unable ot hatch, but enter a mutation stage that when finished, results in the evolved ash walker. Clarification: Legion corpses is what creates what we know as the 'basic, barely intelligent ash walker primitives, making up the rank and file of tribes' due to the common nature of their source and ease of attainment.

Adjustment/Addition to Plasma-head thing: Add to wizard/change their Fireball to function more like a grenade that they throw. Using the spell summons up a item to their hand, and their sprite should show dribbling like a basketball, but well, its a fireball. Throwing the fireball like any other object causes expected fireball detonation as norm where it lands. [Additional uses of Fireball when it is unused/still held should increase effectiveness/different utilities to taste? Maybe eventually, the wizard becomes one with the fireball, if he dreams to dribble like never before. . .]
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #192513

When a player destroys in item in Science via the Destructive Analyzer, have the R&D console display any new designs it unlocks. That would be immensely helpful to newer Science players and older ones alike!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #192523

I'd like it if the R&D server controller console got updated with NanoUI. Specifically a search function so finding a specific design doesn't take me 5 hours of reading through.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #192630

ctrl-f
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #192669

Don't you ctrl-f me boyo or I'll alt+F4 your face
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #192746

Pictures put in the captains photo book should carry between rounds
The future is horrible!
Stuffed Hyena
Byond Username: Stuffed Hyena

Post by Stuffed Hyena » #192826

I have a few suggestions:

Construction things
  • The ability to paint lockers, perhaps with the door painter
  • Dismantling or installing shutters, like on the hop line or bridge
  • Easy, department-based floor painter (such as the little loading dock areas for cargo's MULEs)
  • Circuit boards for Vending Machines
  • Making autistic little pillow-forts makeshift tents out of bed sheets and metal rods
Dumb roleplay shit
  • Photocopying stamps
    Stamps always come in a colour, right? So a black&white photocopy wouldn't pass for an approved stamp unless the person looking at it was being careless.
Pretty Princess Dress-up Game™
  • colourable top hats
  • winter boots to match the department specific winter coats
It'd be cool but I have no idea how to implement it
  • Explosive collars
    For really extreme situations, as an alternative to execution maybe in combination with using the Gulag?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192910

Circuit boards for vending machines have been in for, like, forever.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #193123

Nobody ever bothers asking research for spare vending boards. Plus you need to get spare restocking units from cargo.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #193124

We still don't have circuit boards for Vendormats
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #193127

-Candy Vendor-
Dispenses your local candy!
Chocolate!
lolipops!
bubblegum!
jawbreakers!
gummy bears!

-Bubblegum-
Can be put on cameras to lower their vision

-Captains photobook-
Photos put inside here will be carried over between rounds
The future is horrible!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #193136

I just remembered, you still can't deconstruct department-specific vending machines.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #193180

Stuffed Hyena wrote: It'd be cool but I have no idea how to implement it
  • Explosive collars
    For really extreme situations, as an alternative to execution maybe in combination with using the Gulag?
Oh this could be great in so many ways as both a security and traitor item.
All we'd need is something similar to an electropack, just with an explosion instead of a zap when the signal is sent.
Attempting to take it off would cause it to blow up of course.

If we wanted to get real fancy we could have the collars customisable so they start counting down if you enter/leave a certain area.
Like forcing someone to work in Science so it'll go off if they ever leave science or goes off if they ever enter science.
Stuffed Hyena

Post by Stuffed Hyena » #193271

Anonmare wrote:Nobody ever bothers asking research for spare vending boards. Plus you need to get spare restocking units from cargo.
Zilenan91 wrote:We still don't have circuit boards for Vendormats
Ezel wrote:-Candy Vendor-
Dispenses your local candy!
Chocolate!
lolipops!
bubblegum!
jawbreakers!
gummy bears!

-Bubblegum-
Can be put on cameras to lower their vision

-Captains photobook-
Photos put inside here will be carried over between rounds
DemonFiren wrote:Circuit boards for vending machines have been in for, like, forever.
In my defence, that round I'd asked R&D, Engineering, Robotics (just to cover all my bases) an admin and couldn't find anything about it on the wiki so I guess it's just not a well known thing.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #193338

Minor idea: Injecting Dehydrated carp plushie with unstable mutagen has a small chance to change the plushie to a mega, magi, or chaos carp. Injecting with iron gives it a small chance to change into Carp-Sie plushie (chaplain specific weapon currently ingame that allows you to show as friendly to carps). Give it a catastrophic failure chance too, so it carries an element of risk, such as immediately rehydrating. Can only inject a plushie once, to prevent rng busting. Also give the carp costume wearer appear as friendly to carps (only available in autodrobes, so they are kinda hard to get if you aren't mime or clown depending on map).
BananaSenor
Byond Username: Banana_Senor

Post by BananaSenor » #193348

Add those yellow airlocks from bay, that trigger when the area gets depressurized. Always a bit silly to have no air anywhere on the station because botany got bombed.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #193352

BananaSenor wrote:Add those yellow airlocks from bay, that trigger when the area gets depressurized. Always a bit silly to have no air anywhere on the station because botany got bombed.
Gonna go with this since we have a faster atmos system now. If you're lucky you have a competent AI who will close off the area's firelocks to stop the air from getting freezing cold but that's not always possible.
Reece

Post by Reece » #193356

Anonmare wrote:
BananaSenor wrote:Add those yellow airlocks from bay, that trigger when the area gets depressurized. Always a bit silly to have no air anywhere on the station because botany got bombed.
Gonna go with this since we have a faster atmos system now. If you're lucky you have a competent AI who will close off the area's firelocks to stop the air from getting freezing cold but that's not always possible.
Or the AI does it but the crew keep opening it to run in and look at the giant hole. The amount of times they've done that when I'm the AI is infuriating.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #193393

The air will usually be gone before it's cold.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Varnesy
Byond Username: Varnesy

Post by Varnesy » #193407

I'm suggesting ID implants either for purchase in the uplink or just another cool thing R&D can make.It seems like we are missing a lot of cooler implants for a 700 year time shift.
When I am being a faggot online I play as Varnes Mironov, Jean LeBlanc and Farely Brooks

Voted most likely to get lynched 23 years in a row.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #193456

make skateboards fit on your back
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #193594

The unloved rock wrote:make skateboards fit on your back
Two additions! This and/or, plus also common suit storage (coats/jackets). Or just belts; whole backpack slot alone for it somewhat eh since seen them easily carried between a backpack and back.
Make it so when moving/running, when you use/drop the skateboard you automatically attempt to 'equip'/buckle yourself onto it and move in said direction.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #193600

The Detective's holster should fit on the exosuit slot.
The Chaplain's bible fits on their exosuit and that is basically a box.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #193706

>Stuffing the entire holster into your jacket pocket

but why
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #193728

Would it be possible to have it as an accessory with a button to bring up its menu?
Sort of like a storage implant, but only when you wear it as an accessory.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #193734

I mean that is how Bay's shoulder holster worked. Put in as a jumpsuit accessory, click on your jumpsuit with a gun to holster it and click it again to draw it. We did not do it that way for >balance memes or somesuch bs
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #193742

Actually it was done the way it was because verbs are the debil.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #193980

Give traitors a one use item that instantly gibs a regenerating changeling if used on one. Yes, I ded.
Bring back papercult.

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #193984

that exists, its called
a minibomb
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #193985

Or an explosive implant. Granted you have to kill them twice.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #194005

Anonmare wrote:Or an explosive implant. Granted you have to kill them twice.
Arent those syndi bundle only now?
The future is horrible!
Varnesy
Byond Username: Varnesy

Post by Varnesy » #194033

Also, Add snakes. We need snakes. and why not add lever action weapons that very rare but very powerful. There should be a 1887 in the Ruskie DJ station, Or an 1895 on the derelict or some place on lavaland. Maybe have the same code as cutting off the barrel of the bartenders shotgun. Shortening the stock and barrel to make a pistol.
When I am being a faggot online I play as Varnes Mironov, Jean LeBlanc and Farely Brooks

Voted most likely to get lynched 23 years in a row.
Stuffed Hyena

Post by Stuffed Hyena » #194251

How about a bomb disposal robot to go with the BDU in sec? :^)

something like a remote controlled mining bot, slow and clunky.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #194252

Will it be able to kill Lizard Lives Matter activists?
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #194255

InsaneHyena wrote:Will it be able to kill Lizard Lives Matter activists?
Only if there's a 25 per cent chance for every kill to spawn a bunch of snipers with the objective to take revenge on Sec.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #194261

You confuse the cause and effect.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #194263

InsaneHyena wrote:You confuse the cause and effect.
>implying

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stuffed Hyena

Post by Stuffed Hyena » #194393

Okay, this is a bit of a stupid sounding thing but just hear me out:
having a tiny little button next to the targeting dummy that lets you target the back of it, or flip the targeting dummy.

Back of the head
  • hitting with anything other than the fists has a tiny increase to knock out, payoff for how fiddly it would be to target. Maybe a greater miss chance?
  • Another possible place for implants?
  • Surgery here would just reveal the brain as targeting the head from the front.
The Back
  • Stab a knife here for huge damage, but only if they're facing away from you. Leaves the knife embedded. Et tu, Brute?
  • Wrassler can BREAK THE BAT
  • Surgery here lets you operate on the spine. Or the metal rod from where HoS' spine should be.
  • (maybe allowing for direct nerve control on APLUs or something? Roboticist's jumpsuits doing this automatically? Just throwing an idea at the wall here to see what sticks)
The Bum
  • Using the double exclamation (!!) too much makes you buttblasted, so you have to bandage that shit up
  • Surgery here lets you detach / reattach tails rather than using the groin as it's done currently.
  • Spoiler:
    Ayyliums
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #194400

Mandatory: Bay's hand/foot target zones in addition to arm/leg when?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece

Post by Reece » #194410

weapon mod for arm augments. Adam jensen this bitch up with internal blades.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #194425

DemonFiren wrote:Mandatory: Bay's hand/foot target zones in addition to arm/leg when?
a few years ago, when we removed them for being needless.
私は完璧
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #194427

We have DIY Torches but the recipe is awful. It is also not included in the tablecrafting menu list anywhere, please fix this.
Now, speaking of this particular recipe as it is, is dried wheat/ambrosia and a log. Ok, nice start but five pieces of paper, some stacks of Cloth, jumpsuits, etc. should be just as applicable with a log/improvised Rod (like how you make spears). Needing dried wheat or weed to make a damn torch is imo one of the larger reasons these are never even bothered with.

Secondly, Sconces. A creatable item just like light fixtures, except it holds Torches and Mining Lanterns, illumating the area via unpowered light source.

Make mining lanterns give off more light but run off plasma ore you feed directly into it, or alternatively just add this function to lanterns and they give off normal flashlight amounts when not running on ore.
Normal Flashlights are dynamos with a potato-battery inside it. When its empty, 'use' in hand and begin charging the potato-battery. Should last very reasonable time, and with potato-battery capacity, has limited uses but does have some in emergency situations....
Flashlight and Lantern crafting recipes to tablecrafting.