Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Slignerd » #204711

Bottom post of the previous page:

Suggestion: Make legless people able to hold items. Just make them unable to move when they do hold something.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #204712

Let us replace powercells in energy guns.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #204713

Sligneris wrote:Suggestion: Make legless people able to hold items. Just make them unable to move when they do hold something.
Actualy overhaul knockdown and disarm
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #204714

Reece wrote:Let us replace powercells in energy guns.

The super potato batteries you can make in botany would make every laser gun have practically infinite shots.
Reece

Post by Reece » #204743

TribeOfBeavers wrote:
Reece wrote:Let us replace powercells in energy guns.

The super potato batteries you can make in botany would make every laser gun have practically infinite shots.
Good.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #204858

can't you already do that with glowcaps
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #204871

Supermichael777 wrote:
Sligneris wrote:Suggestion: Make legless people able to hold items. Just make them unable to move when they do hold something.
Actualy overhaul knockdown and disarm
So much fucking this and add-dismemberment update/overhaul: because losing one arm/leg means you also lose your shoes or gloves because of this. Incredibly, incredibly irritating when you are slowed down doubly by leg+shoe loss, or unable to use insuls just because you're the one armed man.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #205086

Give the research director an electronic cigarette, AKA a douche flute.
Examining it it should say "We get it bro, you vape"

Just re sprite a cigarette, and make the tip blue. Regeants go in via syringe, and it actually makes sense instead of cigs getting 30 units of whateverthefuck and still being able to burn.

I'd laugh.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #206320

We need an Uplifted Primate/Planet of the Apes-type race. New future for genetics-making slaves out of your specimens and teaching them to fear No! Which just also happens to be the trigger for the shockpacks they're all rigged with.

Adjustment to shockpacks: Make them require surgery to remove/engineering aid, or something. Just having anyone but the user is of no actual use when they can wander around and anyone can just pull it off with zero effort.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #206381

Gamarr wrote:We need an Uplifted Primate/Planet of the Apes-type race. New future for genetics-making slaves out of your specimens and teaching them to fear No! Which just also happens to be the trigger for the shockpacks they're all rigged with.

Adjustment to shockpacks: Make them require surgery to remove/engineering aid, or something. Just having anyone but the user is of no actual use when they can wander around and anyone can just pull it off with zero effort.
See https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 42#p203198

I talked about getting gorillas/apes on coderbus once, pretty much the response i got was to create a new ape sub-race (or recycle the bigfoot adminbus race) so that monkeying gorillas and back wouldn't interfere with regular humans.

My contribution to that thread more specificially here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 42#p205421

New suggestion, monkey mode viruses turn you into monkey men who can devolve as per a ability into any ape (out of a selection of 3 with different skills, monkeys, gorillas and ambidextrous orangutans or something else) in a one way shapeshift in order to infect more people. If monkeys eat bananas they begin to revert back to humanoid form where they can be treated by genetics/security (by having their offensive genome destroyed and reverted to human as per a obvious genetic block or being killed and revived then run through genetics)

Every random monkey bite has a chance to carry the virus for fun RNG shenanigans.

This is probably not so much a minor suggestion, but it is in relevance to a rare minor round-type (because its often shoddy and therefore underused) so it all evens out

Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #206433

Only if the apes yell WORLDSTAR like hulks do when they attack
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #206435

S L I P P E R Y S L O P E
Bring back papercult.

Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #206437

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Every random monkey bite has a chance to carry the virus for fun RNG shenanigans.
Forgot to mention, now that we have aggressive NPCs with 'AI', why isn't this merged with all monkeys? Genetics has a pen of non-compartmentalized furry companions. And not one poop, push, or bite happens in the whole thing. Another use for shockpacks: altering states of behaviour in monkeys. Most monkeys should be docile like present with the odd hiccup, but once in awhile, there might be that... troublemaker. That one that either gets the others going into a screeching cacophonous rage or becomes the omega monkey atop the corpses of his brethren.

For extra bullshit, add cannibalism for monkeys that lets them 'acquire' genetics from the fallen. Human or monkey, chewing the wrong body gets them a genetic cocktail, altering their DNA to be more like what was eaten. With all the problems this includes from getting a green-monkey to Tourettes or clownism. Or just have the bites exchange genetics default, making rogue monkeys that much more irksome if they are willing to live with a defect in order to spread it.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #206454

Gamarr wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote: Every random monkey bite has a chance to carry the virus for fun RNG shenanigans.
Forgot to mention, now that we have aggressive NPCs with 'AI', why isn't this merged with all monkeys? Genetics has a pen of non-compartmentalized furry companions. And not one poop, push, or bite happens in the whole thing. Another use for shockpacks: altering states of behaviour in monkeys. Most monkeys should be docile like present with the odd hiccup, but once in awhile, there might be that... troublemaker. That one that either gets the others going into a screeching cacophonous rage or becomes the omega monkey atop the corpses of his brethren.

For extra bullshit, add cannibalism for monkeys that lets them 'acquire' genetics from the fallen. Human or monkey, chewing the wrong body gets them a genetic cocktail, altering their DNA to be more like what was eaten. With all the problems this includes from getting a green-monkey to Tourettes or clownism. Or just have the bites exchange genetics default, making rogue monkeys that much more irksome if they are willing to live with a defect in order to spread it.
Careful, you're going full kroot with that suggestion.

Next we'll have a nest of apes on lavaland who've been eating goliaths, and therefore becoming hyper aggressive scale behemoths and (with player input) and crafting bone weapons (replace ash-walkers with escaped apes? though repopulation might be a issue, as eggs are a nice way to get around the breeding problem) to attack. (and if we go that route we might as well just go full kroot with a new custom race, maybe a vox spinoff?)

What if a ape eats a human? Does it transition into a human like level of intelligence? (in a vague way this is a nice way to get around the problem of ash walkers mounting the station, it'd rely on monkeys devouring a miner and therefore being able to use the consoles.)

On the flip-side it could be a fun alternative objective to xeno to feed rampant monkeys dead creatures in the main test lab from gold cores, then ship those monkeys to be humanized with the traits applied onto humans/whatever race comes out of the genetics scanner.

Spoiler:
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #207164

Make one of the possible monkey names Harambe
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
D4C
Byond Username: D4C
Github Username: DfourC

Post by D4C » #207337

Let the captain name his sabre the same way most guns can be with a pen.
Reyn wrote:Make one of the possible monkey names Harambe
It is.
Ready to succeed at some traitorous objectives for a sensible amount of telecrystals.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207397

Why are lemons and lemon juice seemingly a controlled substance here?
there isn't lemon seeds in the public gardens, and the bartender doesn't get real lemon juice in his dispenser.

I was trying to make hair dye as the chemist and as there was no botanist, I was pretty much shit outta luck. From crawling around the wiki, lemons don't do anything exciting, or mutate into anything but space cash, so... the fuck guys?

Add lemon juice to the bartender, and add lemon seeds to the damn public garden. there literately isn't a reason not to.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #207401

The dispenser in the bar does have lemon juice though, or at least it did last I checked.. I've made hair dye plenty of times without getting lemons from botany.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207403

TribeOfBeavers wrote:The dispenser in the bar does have lemon juice though, or at least it did last I checked.. I've made hair dye plenty of times without getting lemons from botany.
Nope, They have lemon-lime instead, the mtn gibb reageant.
doesn't mix to make triple citrus.

Very annoying.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #207408

Code: Select all

/obj/machinery/chem_dispenser/drinks
	name = "soda dispenser"
	desc = "Contains a large reservoir of soft drinks."
	anchored = 1
	icon = 'icons/obj/chemical.dmi'
	icon_state = "soda_dispenser"
	amount = 10
	dispensable_reagents = list(
		"water",
		"ice",
		"coffee",
		"cream",
		"tea",
		"icetea",
		"cola",
		"spacemountainwind",
		"dr_gibb",
		"space_up",
		"tonic",
		"sodawater",
		"lemon_lime",
		"sugar",
		"orangejuice",
		"limejuice",
		"tomatojuice",
		"lemonjuice"
Found it in the code, last item on the list.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207414

well shit, You were right.

My bad dood, I missed it.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #207419

That's bizarre because I know for a fact last time I played bartender I couldn't make changeling sting because barkeeps don't get lemon juice, someone check in game please
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #207437

I was making whiskey sours with it last week it is definitely in there
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #207458

can't you get lemon lime sodas
D4C

Post by D4C » #207598

Attach survival/kitchen knives to the end of your gun as a bayonet and have it do more damage when you hit someone with it on harm intent. Also be able to hit someone with the butt of larger guns by using disarm intent.
Ready to succeed at some traitorous objectives for a sensible amount of telecrystals.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207652

TechnoAlchemist wrote:That's bizarre because I know for a fact last time I played bartender I couldn't make changeling sting because barkeeps don't get lemon juice, someone check in game please
It is assuredly there on box.
Maybe it's not there on all maps or something, but that seems odd if true.

That being said, minor suggestion give lemons more love. They only mutate into money trees, and they shouldn't, they should have some exciting other hybrid or mix.
Like uhhhhh Talking lemons, Pretty much a grown PAI. boom done, now lemons don't suck ass.
D4C

Post by D4C » #207654

Falamazeer wrote:That being said, minor suggestion give lemons more love. They only mutate into money trees, and they shouldn't, they should have some exciting other hybrid or mix.
Your lemon knowledge is outdated.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207658

D4C wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:That being said, minor suggestion give lemons more love. They only mutate into money trees, and they shouldn't, they should have some exciting other hybrid or mix.
Your lemon knowledge is outdated.
Or the wiki is. What else can lemons do?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #207674

They mutate into firebomb-esque combustible lemons now, no more money trees.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #207677

TribeOfBeavers wrote:They mutate into firebomb-esque combustible lemons now, no more money trees.
So IEDs. pretty cool.
A secondary mutation of talking lemons would still be nifty though.
Reece

Post by Reece » #207800

Give clowns the power to target feet with disarm intent and 'tie shoelaces together' it has the same warning style as a pickpocket so the clown has more ways to fuck with you. It makes you faceplant every time you try and walk forwards until you take your shoes off and on again.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #207911

All those clown buffs, and mimes are always forgotten about.
I am starting to get mad.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #207991

Separate the Syndicate Assault Cyborg and Syndicate Medical Cyborg spawning items. The Medical cyborg should be brought back down to 50TC and leaving the Assault Cyborg at 80TC. The Medical Syndiborg is not bought as often as it should be, especially when it has to compete with the much more potent Assault Cyborg at the same price-point. I do not believe that I have ever seen one used after its month of release, especially not after the price increase from 50 to 80TC for both borgs.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #208293

Add Maintanance access to Scientists. Please.

Now that they have an actual reason to be there (strange objects), it feels awful to be locked out of maint by default.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #208434

Spray-paint clothes colours that come off with water exposure, because the colours aren't properly washed in like crayons.

Easy setup

> Get mailmen hat and spray pain black
> Leather long-coat and jackboots
> Guileless edgelord but cool attitude
> Be tratior with holoparasite

Congratulations on your cosplay.

Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #208839

make drones slower
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #208945

Idea, based on a little typo i had.
Make a fake version of the veal render called the real vender, which summons sentient moving vending machines (Hostile ones) Instead of cows, just to dick with people who read item names too fast
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #208957

Add the PKA to Protolathe.
Free golems (and anyone else, for that matter) can only get KAs from the miners' lockers, or for 750 mining points each. :(
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #208977

Sligneris wrote:Add Maintanance access to Scientists. Please.

Now that they have an actual reason to be there (strange objects), it feels awful to be locked out of maint by default.
That's a terrible excuse, I used to drop those off on the desk, and nobody bothered, except when they did and got nothing from it.

My counter suggestion, make strange objects worth more research than you could easily get in the time it takes to collect them. I'd like to say 'and then give them maint' but I can't, mad bombing would get so so much harder to stop.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #209018

Strange Objects (relics), when discovered, can have a random origin tech level in Engineering, Electromagnetic Spectrum, Plasma, Data Theory, or Power Storage ranging from 2 to 5. This means that they have a chance to bypass one of the level 5 tech gates. Keep in mind that Scientists have access to their own department's maintenance, and as a Head of Staff, the Research Director has maint access by default. Ask him to check around for you, or bother one of the greyshirts - they generally have nothing to do anyway!
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #209810

Harambe for possible monkey name 2k16
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #210161

Make the chat bubble pop up as soon as you open text box/start typing instead after you push enter. This will make people more aware that you're trying to say something, and they won't run away.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #210164

you mean and they will kill you
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #210284

Allow bowls to be worn on your head to function as a very shitty helmet, falling over for any reason will knock it off your head.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #210329

Lumbermancer wrote:Make the chat bubble pop up as soon as you open text box/start typing instead after you push enter. This will make people more aware that you're trying to say something, and they won't run away.
This was considered, but denied because:
Wyzack wrote:you mean and they will kill you
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #210453

Isane wrote:Allow bowls to be worn on your head to function as a very shitty helmet, falling over for any reason will knock it off your head.
you can pretty much already do this with buckets
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #210494

Remie Richards wrote:This was considered, but denied because:]
hugbox

Robust could use it to bait.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #210495

Why do mimes still start with tongues?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #210499

On one hand, mimes are merely entertainers, so they could speak outside a perfornance.

On the other, to hear them speak is extremely weird.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #210501

Sligneris wrote:On one hand, mimes are merely entertainers, so they could speak outside a perfornance.

On the other, to hear them speak is extremely weird.
Only speak in whispering highly exaggerated 'dubbed french' hence the embarrassment and propensity to not speak in the first place.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #210504

Oh, that sounds nice. Force mimes to whisper whenever they do speak (range of said whisper could be increased to two tiles away instead of one, as to not be too crippling) and give them a forced French accent.