Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Slignerd » #210504

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oh, that sounds nice. Force mimes to whisper whenever they do speak (range of said whisper could be increased to two tiles away instead of one, as to not be too crippling) and give them a forced French accent.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #210528

give them that speech thing which makes you yell all the time and randomly moves or deletes words which you can get when cloned
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #211318

Add a whitebeet mutation containing plasma, called the rhumba beet.
For extra hilarity make it explode on a relatively short timer when lit and produce a bigger bang than cherry bombs.
Or maybe just have them replace cherry bombs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #211324

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Sligneris wrote:On one hand, mimes are merely entertainers, so they could speak outside a perfornance.

On the other, to hear them speak is extremely weird.
Only speak in whispering highly exaggerated 'dubbed french' hence the embarrassment and propensity to not speak in the first place.
Make the mime gene permenantly disable grab/harm intent and prevent other forms of attack. The mime becomes a true frnchman who can not fight and only run away. Give them a unique telebaton that doesn't stun but instead produces a white flag they wave.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211388

DemonFiren wrote:Add a whitebeet mutation containing plasma, called the rhumba beet.
For extra hilarity make it explode on a relatively short timer when lit and produce a bigger bang than cherry bombs.

This is some solid pun humor, i would like to see this in game
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #211595

Embedded syringes should inject their contents.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #211645

Wyzack wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Add a whitebeet mutation containing plasma, called the rhumba beet.

This is some solid pun humor, i would like to see this in game
Agreed, too good to waste.

...what would happen if a plant contained water and potassium?
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #211676

5% or 10% chance during ash storms that the brig or mining shuttle crashes when traveling to lavaland. Shuttle console gets oblique warning to say when there's ash storms, like "Warning: High atmospheric turbulence at landing site" as text under the button.

Crash landing strands the shuttle somewhere in lavaland, breaches a couple hull tiles and smashes shuttle console screen; once repaired, said console will take you to either standard destination. Maybe add pickaxe and blue toolbox to both shuttles for good measure.
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #211699

Make it so that you can use titanium to finish golem shells.
Able to make walls and floor out of sandstone bricks, so that ash walkers can make little huts with one door, not huts made entirely out of doors.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #211724

Onule wrote:Make it so that you can use titanium to finish golem shells.
Able to make walls and floor out of sandstone bricks, so that ash walkers can make little huts with one door, not huts made entirely out of doors.
You can make walls out of sandstone but that requires metal girders. Here's a WIP sprite for fungiwood log girder. I agree with making simple sandstone brick floors
Spoiler:
Loose girder unfixed for false walls and movement etc

And fixed in for static walls ready to be layered up with whatever using the usual tools (minus the welder)

EDIT - Second minor suggestion, ash storms over a duration refill the nutrients of a tray, allowing weeds to persistently grow (and perhaps helping future efforts for lavaland specific plants in soil plots outside)

Spoiler:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #212804

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7801
My idea for lidocaine got shot in the dick, but is all self surgery just bad in general?

How about using an ice block on yourself while targeting your mouth let's you perform the dentistry surgery to implant a pill?

And while we're talking about dentistry why doesn't eating sugar/junkfood make cavities that you need to get fixed from a doctor or it caps your stamina at about half? It's at least more exciting than rng appendicitis right?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #212927

What if the traitor multitool could show you the exact square the AI is looking at?

What if you could use it to see through the AI's eye?
HeatherK
Byond Username: Odhisius

Post by HeatherK » #213090

Add in a kamikaze style headband in the toxins wardrobe.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #213532

I'd like to see a combination of alloys and the mechanic job role stolen from Goon. Basically convert the mailroom into a workshop that cargo can use to integrate materials with different equipment to infuse equipment with a multitude of effects. Examples being stun batons that inflict extra brute damage, riot shields that deflect energy weaponry, or even luminescent body armor that shatters into pieces when struck embedding anyone nearby with shrapnel
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #213567

Jacough wrote:I'd like to see a combination of alloys and the mechanic job role stolen from Goon. Basically convert the mailroom into a workshop that cargo can use to integrate materials with different equipment to infuse equipment with a multitude of effects. Examples being stun batons that inflict extra brute damage, riot shields that deflect energy weaponry, or even luminescent body armor that shatters into pieces when struck embedding anyone nearby with shrapnel
My next minor suggestion is somewhat close to yours. Convert either somewhere on mining or the deliveries room into a room of a similar nature but works as a foundry for printing off items in bulk (coins, metal sheets etc) by taking in liquid metals via a special machine

For example, hydroponics grows 100 potency gold apples, they bring them to the foundry/deliveries room and feed the pure 100 unit gold content beaker extracted from those fruits into the machine, which then can print off either equivilent gold material sheets or items made out of gold, same goes for all ground up minerals, including plasma. Mythril and adamantine can be made by mixing in additional reagents to the forging mix and have their own wizard related items.

Industrial chemistry i guess.

Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #213931

This is a thread for MINOR suggestions
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #213969

MisterPerson wrote:This is a thread for MINOR suggestions
Like literally what, in its base form its simple, maybe i did talk it up too much (with the additional suggestions), i mean just a machine then that can convert liquid metals to mats without dumb chemistry reactions. Normally pointless since nobody grinds up rare mats like diamond/titanium etc.

Spoiler:
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #213991

Give the chef a giant pot/cauldron that they can toss anything in to so they can serve soup.
Then when you begin cooking it the game will promt you to give your soup a name.
After a few minutes of cooking you can use bowls/ladles/whatever else to give the crew a minimum effort meal.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #214130

Dragon suits are contaminant proof and cannot be set on fire for any length of time unless forced by standing within fire, it will simply extinguish as soon as you leave fire. Summarily also makes them acid proof and protective against things like sprays or smoke (though ingestion still counts) as things thrown in their direction will just evaporate into nothing and not-cling.

Defuses strategies of people abusing the fire-proofness of dragon suits to smear themselves in flammable substance then igniting to run through people, as lavaland loot against Ashwalkers unarmed people with no readily available way to extinguish beside vunerable rolling or just generally as a antagonist on the station it is very strong, and very durable strong armour and unbalanced to also catch fire on contact if smeared in propellant and ignited.

> Summarily also with the theme - dragon shoes which are lightly armoured leg protection which when activated/(or passively more dangerously) evaporates contaminents you walk on (blood/lube/water) without slipping at the exchange of raising your internal body temprature (meaning you will need lot of ice cups/ice chillies to run through a REALLY bloody station or fighting bubblegum) by a few centigrade per tile, running through multiple blood splatters will spike your temperature, and you can internally set yourself on fire this way if you are not careful.

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #214221

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Dragon suits are contaminant proof and cannot be set on fire for any length of time unless forced by standing within fire, it will simply extinguish as soon as you leave fire. Summarily also makes them acid proof and protective against things like sprays or smoke (though ingestion still counts) as things thrown in their direction will just evaporate into nothing and not-cling.

Defuses strategies of people abusing the fire-proofness of dragon suits to smear themselves in flammable substance then igniting to run through people, as lavaland loot against Ashwalkers unarmed people with no readily available way to extinguish beside vunerable rolling or just generally as a antagonist on the station it is very strong, and very durable strong armour and unbalanced to also catch fire on contact if smeared in propellant and ignited.

> Summarily also with the theme - dragon shoes which are lightly armoured leg protection which when activated/(or passively more dangerously) evaporates contaminents you walk on (blood/lube/water) without slipping at the exchange of raising your internal body temprature (meaning you will need lot of ice cups/ice chillies to run through a REALLY bloody station or fighting bubblegum) by a few centigrade per tile, running through multiple blood splatters will spike your temperature, and you can internally set yourself on fire this way if you are not careful.
>Spell that uses ne'er ending fireproof fire as an igniter for killing the drake.
>Trying to remove what makes the spell viable and basically functional.

Get some mannitol my man
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #214328

Literally why was it a thing in the first place? Its bent over backwards pretty bad exploitation by coderbus of game mechanics for "robustness".

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #214451

Who gives a shit honestly.

You're just mad because it makes ash walkers more easily killable.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #214460

D&B wrote:Who gives a shit honestly.

You're just mad because it makes ash walkers more easily killable.
It doesn't rely on skill at all to kill ashwalkers anymore, they are such as small annoyance people like 'vanquishing' why even competitively play? It alteast used to take aiming to shoot down a ashwalker at a time with a KA, now there's damage upgrades and AOE's and never extiguishing dragon fire super brute resistant suits. The powercreep is insane to combat when you're equipped with a leaf and a spear hence the spike in ashwalkers also trying to even the odds with tendril loot, but also depriving themselves of prey in a very "unashwalker necropolis tendril worshippers" manner.

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #214469

I mean that is kinda how ghost roles are supposed to go
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #214470

Spoiler:
Wyzack wrote:I mean that is kinda how ghost roles are supposed to go
No its literally some coder wants to go out duckhunting free forced antag lizards for pleasure and summarily encourages the huge amount of powercreep we have right now, all other ghost roles are cooped up and game mechanic focused, or high RP (barring drones which are summarily engineer ghosts with hands) one rule for some, and complete

Admins will not even investigate otherwise bwoinkable offences such as miner boss baiting into ashwalker zones. Pretty much as soon as you roll the 'valid from birth' species you retract all protections and rights and become a abused plaything for admins and players to fawn over.

I digress, getting back on topic now.
> minor suggestion - gatfruit has a muation that spawns starting sec flash grenades (because those things are only cargo orderable) with potency relating to how powerful the grenade will be (so powerful it can blind/deafen and go through protections or very tiny and weak but disorientating)

Spoiler:
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #214575

Give the welding gas mask an auto-tint lens. Instantly darkens to welding-lens levels anytime you weld or see another bright flash, reverts after a couple seconds. They exist in real life, I use one with my welding job every day.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #214614

They could inflict near-sighted vision when worn and automatically darken to ordinary welder vision when exposed to bright light. Would give them a tiny bit of a disadvantage, at least.

Now I want welding sunglasses.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #214625

DemonFiren wrote:They could inflict near-sighted vision when worn and automatically darken to ordinary welder vision when exposed to bright light. Would give them a tiny bit of a disadvantage, at least.

Now I want welding sunglasses.
Those are welding goggles, semi rare and non reproducible for your eyes only, however welding RND gasmasks are clearly superior.

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #214630

The real value of welding masks is that you can drink/eat without interrupting internals
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #214709

Please for the love of spess add some of the mining pod fan things to keep Atmos fine to the mining shuttle.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #214900

> The limb grower can scan DNA codes and body parts to generate relevant bodyparts, also helps attach the right features to the species.

Also works across species, so steal ashwalker DNA and brain transplant into a fully grafted frankenstein monster for pressure immunity and nobreathe or swap out digitade legs etc with surgery/transfer someone into a grafted together piece by piece new body. (as a implication)

And relevant but seperate suggestion

> Ability to jumpstart soul-less and ckeyless bodies that are perfectly functional with defib or a particular chemical (saline gluecose in the bloodstream followed up with defib in peak physical health to spoof a abstract meme of the reboot film 'The Day the earth stood still' featuring Keanu Reeves as Klaatu as a strange liquid man who can revive people by putting saline gluecose under their tongues and delivering electric shocks making 2000 years of medical science look like bogus)

Just to make them alive and ready for brain transplant with relative haste.

Spoiler:
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #215262

Add chips and dips for the kitchen and accompanying plants in botany. Potatoes and corn can already be made into chips but spinach, avacado and I dunno, chickpeas could be used for dips. Peppers and tomatoes are perfect for a salsa already. Make the dip a vector for disease and add a Popeye-variant mutation for spinach, or mess with the idea however you like. An emote similar to the zippo use one would also be neat for people that double-dip.
Mirukihoshi
Byond Username: Mirukihoshi

Post by Mirukihoshi » #215284

Pretty sure this is 'minor', so mind as well post it here. Basically, just add some more customization options, like fuck. Like the ability to start out with an amputated limb, or even a prosthetic- or maybe the option to start out with like obesity or some shit. Mainly for the laughs, but it'd also be kind of fun to start with some sort of disadvantage like that.
"Please just STOP TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF."
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #215629

Does emagging biogenerator do anything at the moment? Could let you make Smuggler's Satchels and Military Belts. Have them cost like 2k biomass each.
Onule

Post by Onule » #215875

The box you always spawn with should get a single-use medical gauze and a pocket crowbar. Seriously, dragging people bleeding just kills them faster. Yes, I know improvized gauzes are a thing but not everyone is going to cut up bedsheets every round. Also oxygen deprivation treatment kits don't have gauzes at all, maybe get rid of a salbutamol pill for a gauze?
If you scan someone's vitals and they are bleeding, it should say if they're bandaged or not.
And another blood related suggestion, you should get a warning at the top right if you're bleeding, and another one if bandaged.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #215880

Add more words to AI announcement system. It's really lacking some basic stuff like "where" or "what".
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #215927

Onule wrote:And another blood related suggestion, you should get a warning at the top right if you're bleeding, and another one if bandaged.
Make it a red blood drip thing superimposed over the corner of the health doll.

Yes, just like the ones in xcom: apocalypse that tell you that one of your troops is critically wounded
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #215943

Onule wrote:Seriously, dragging people bleeding just kills them faster.
Uh. Pretty sure this is a CM only thing?
Last I played 2 days ago this was no such thing.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #215968

CM thing is that pulling does damage to wounded, dragging with grab does not.

It does not here.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #215982

dragging wounded people making the wounds worse is a baymed thing, yes
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #215985

Screemonster wrote:dragging wounded people making the wounds worse is a baymed thing, yes
it would be pretty bad here, all i can see happening is murder-dragging people getting buffed and doctors being unable to get anybody to medbay without them dropping dead on the way
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #215994

oh absolutely, if you thought pulling someone across broken glass without their shoes was funny before, doing it on a codebase where you don't even need the glass is hilarious
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #216018

Alipheese wrote:
Onule wrote:Seriously, dragging people bleeding just kills them faster.
Uh. Pretty sure this is a CM only thing?
Last I played 2 days ago this was no such thing.
Bay thing.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Onule

Post by Onule » #216027

Sorry, I forgot to mention the most important detail, dragging people who are bleeding AND in crit/lying down.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #216071

Onule wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention the most important detail, dragging people who are bleeding AND in crit/lying down.
Still a bay thing. You can supersonic speed across the station as a VTEC borg and you wont hurt the guy you're dragging.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #216091

I think he might be referring to blood level since corpses don't bleed 5ever when pulled now.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #216092

mix egg yolk and crayon dust reagent for making a tub of paint in that color upon chem reaction

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #216102

Make the cyborg reboot board usable on full-augged people with the same effect of strange reagent.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #216106

Only if it can be multitooled to law-synch and slave them to an AI.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #216113

XDTM wrote:Make the cyborg reboot board usable on full-augged people with the same effect of strange reagent.
As a Posibrain replacement option too (given that posibrains have basic asimov laws)

Go make robocop with a robocop law board and a esworded officer with all their limbs cut off, sown back together again and augged back into service.
Spoiler:
[youtube]t1_Pw563opc[/youtube]

Go 35 seconds in for 'prime directives' (certainly a part to be worth watching)

If you know how the film ends and the laws of silicon law structuring it'll be fun

Spoiler:
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #216175

Depowered airlocks when crowbarred, do not fully open as they do now. Instead it only cracks open halfish, much like when zombies(?) pry them open. This would replace the long standing 'crowbar and it slides all the way open' with a two-step thing. Another crowbar action, hopefully with a minor timer effort so its not instant, and the airlock then actually all the way to the sides. Slight changes would be like as follows:

-The cracked-open airlock prevents running/walking to get through and instead a person has to click and drag much the same as a table (or perhaps having to 'walk' into it, which causes a slight stun given you are squeezing through a vertical slat).
-Cracked open airlocks let you see the tile directly on the opposite side (if possible) or should continue to block LOS barring a glass airlock.
-Cracked open airlocks will still shut after the depowered state like normal when power resets back, and is still similar other than the adjustment that safety-toggle or not, the half open airlock Will close, whether a person is in the gap still or not. The system was not designed for detecting crew in the doorway at such a state, and once the power kicks back in, it finishes closing to seal itself like it's meant to.

Additional ideas for airlocks, that might be shitty: Being crushed by an airlock should have a chance to delimb a person as it closes on their arm/leg/head/tongue.