Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #221838

Bottom post of the previous page:

A stamina damage item, outside of boxing gloves, would be pretty nice, actually. And the sling over your shoulder could be useful. Move slower, but people can't grab them from you without pushing you down.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Varnesy
Byond Username: Varnesy

Post by Varnesy » #221865

Let's see, What would be the hardest thing to code I can think of.

A cloaking device that sends signalling charges and plants nav beacons to random bots around the station while using itself in the process and teleporting onto Sybil. Simultaneously doing its own stethoscope safe cracking system and building tcomms automatically. While showering the area in Bluespace artillery and sending messages to adminbus.
When I am being a faggot online I play as Varnes Mironov, Jean LeBlanc and Farely Brooks

Voted most likely to get lynched 23 years in a row.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #221924

Varnesy wrote:Let's see, What would be the hardest thing to code I can think of.

A cloaking device that sends signalling charges and plants nav beacons to random bots around the station while using itself in the process and teleporting onto Sybil. Simultaneously doing its own stethoscope safe cracking system and building tcomms automatically. While showering the area in Bluespace artillery and sending messages to adminbus.
not difficult, I rate 2/10 try harder
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221947

Code in your own random number generator that doesn't cause any noticeable lag or strain on the server but properly emulates true randomness.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #222010

Make the game fun.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #222431

Might seem a bit like hand holding but on rogue AI and borgs their law 0 should be automatically deselected on the state law menu.

Also HoP should start implanted and taken out of the antag pool.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #222442

Antag Law 0's are selected to "No" by default on both cyborgs and AIs. It should not be possible to accidentally state the Law 0
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #222452

Had a round with a half AI yesterday that got fucked due to a Borg stating it. Guess it's just a player problem then.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Slettal
Byond Username: Slettal

Post by Slettal » #222505

Give possessed blades the ability to make burn unworthy people and make the unworthy drop the sword (maybe restrict so their summoner is immune to that). Would add some nice little flavor to them since you can only talk.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #222560

I fully approve of making Possessed blades have a CHOICE in who wields them. All to often, I'll return with one in my hand, and some random assistant will run by, push me over, and steal my companion.

Maybe give them a "power" level as well, where the more blood they spill (Or corpses they butcher out in Lavaland) the stronger they become, eventually being able to move and attack on their own without needing to be wielded.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #222696

This should only apply to the Lavaland version, it would probably be OP for the Chaplain.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #222742

Blade (the vampire slayer) blade's (blade of the daywalker or some shit) safety device on energy katanas/cursed katanas that shoots out sharp blades and dices your hand if handled while the safety mechanism is on by somebody other than the intended user.

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #222828

firing pins that act like the boobytrap on the lawgiver would be hilarious

[youtube]13I1RzNa_rw[/youtube]
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #222829

They exist.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #222842

Citrus should be milkable, and sloth milk should have unique recipes with pun names.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #222882

Judge Dredd pins should be acquirable tbh.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #222951

Anonmare wrote:Judge Dredd pins should be acquirable tbh.
So should the :honkman: one (The one that makes guns :honk: honk :honk: instead of fire)! Put one in the Clown's roundstart inventory! :honkman: :peel: :honkman:

The Dredd pin you could order in an Armory locked cargo crate, or just leave one or two in the armory.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #223011

Mining Jumpboots should allow you to jump and ignore all turf effects. As it stands, it's 2500 for a quick 3 forward dash that can be useful in a fight, but really, as a mining item, I'd expect them to actually help with mining and let you hop over narrow chasms and lava. Can't tell you how many times I've been blocked by a 1-2 wide strip of lava, and have to go 50+ tiles to find a bridge around.

Also, let Jumpboots hold the Survival knife.

If i am incorrect, and they actually do this, well, it's never worked as such for me. Was a rather rude surprise when I jumped over lava and ended up soaking all the brute instantly and keeled over.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #223026

Gun Hog wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Judge Dredd pins should be acquirable tbh.
So should the :honkman: one (The one that makes guns :honk: honk :honk: instead of fire)! Put one in the Clown's roundstart inventory! :honkman: :peel: :honkman:
Related, make the nitrobananium firing pin not explode, but HONK instead.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #223070

Give devils a "blank" contract that takes a soul but doesn't actually give anything in return, so they can instead offer items and services they already have in return for the soul, like being a demon lawyer or something
If it's never going to be in rotation, it might as well have options to get the most out of gimmicks

Add a personality slot to holoprojectors and display screens
Or just put one in APCs and let pAIs be totally not OP single room AIs

Add more substantial lavaland roles that only show up during extended for small psuedo-gamemodes, like a lich with all the necromancy related stuff, or a small "cult" with nothing but scary outfits and a dark seed

Let AIs spout any of the prerecorded robot lines locally from cameras or other devices
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #223084

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Mining Jumpboots should allow you to jump and ignore all turf effects. As it stands, it's 2500 for a quick 3 forward dash that can be useful in a fight, but really, as a mining item, I'd expect them to actually help with mining and let you hop over narrow chasms and lava. Can't tell you how many times I've been blocked by a 1-2 wide strip of lava, and have to go 50+ tiles to find a bridge around.

If i am incorrect, and they actually do this, well, it's never worked as such for me. Was a rather rude surprise when I jumped over lava and ended up soaking all the brute instantly and keeled over.
jump boots throw_at() you like an item/like pipe pressure releases/other shit.
so if a turf correctly checks for thing.throwing then you'll be immune.
letshavecake wrote: Give devils a "blank" contract that takes a soul but doesn't actually give anything in return, so they can instead offer items and services they already have in return for the soul, like being a demon lawyer or something
If it's never going to be in rotation, it might as well have options to get the most out of gimmicks
I like this, I'm sure LordPidey will too, he seems cool enough with accepting ideas on his mode.
私は完璧
pidey
Byond Username: Lordpidey

Post by pidey » #223412

letshavecake wrote:Give devils a "blank" contract that takes a soul but doesn't actually give anything in return, so they can instead offer items and services they already have in return for the soul, like being a demon lawyer or something
I'll include that in the update I'm working on.

I'm refactoring a lot of the code for devils to use the datum antag system, so now's a great time to change stuff like that. Let me know if you have any other contract ideas.
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #223423

Heating ice should cause it to melt into, wait for it... water.
Honestly surprised this isn't a thing already.
Unless it is and I'm just dumb.
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #223428

pidey wrote: Let me know if you have any other contract ideas.
Can you code world peace or true love into a 2D spaceman game
Those are the only things worth having
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #223431

Onule wrote:Heating ice should cause it to melt into, wait for it... water.
I can hear the salt pouring it already...
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #223547

Anonmare wrote:
Onule wrote:Heating ice should cause it to melt into, wait for it... water.
I can hear the salt pouring it already...
Literally this, water should be sucked up by shaken salt (with a salt shaker) or dropped on the floor. Ice also shouldn't form on salt tiles.

Spoiler:
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #223557

New janitor meta order a bunch of salt and clean the floors with it
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223560

Please make something that makes it recognisable what port of a gas mixer is which, because it's always just guesswork right now.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #223578

CPTANT wrote:Please make something that makes it recognisable what port of a gas mixer is which, because it's always just guesswork right now.
I'm pretty sure mixers and filters both have little black arrows on them that light up when they're on.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223591

Okand37 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Please make something that makes it recognisable what port of a gas mixer is which, because it's always just guesswork right now.
I'm pretty sure mixers and filters both have little black arrows on them that light up when they're on.
How does this help me determine which port is which when I set a gas mixer ratio?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #223593

Usually the arrows point to or from the pipes they're coming in from. I don't usually use gas mixers exactly, but if I am unmistaken they usually have two ports it comes in from and the last one it goes out of. The arrows usually inward if they're going in, and outward toward the pipe if they're going out. Atleast, this is how it works with a filter, I imagine it works similar with a mixer.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223605

Okand37 wrote:Usually the arrows point to or from the pipes they're coming in from. I don't usually use gas mixers exactly, but if I am unmistaken they usually have two ports it comes in from and the last one it goes out of. The arrows usually inward if they're going in, and outward toward the pipe if they're going out. Atleast, this is how it works with a filter, I imagine it works similar with a mixer.
Yes, but how do you distinguish between to two import ports? I want 70% plasma 30% air, not 70% air, 30% plasma.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #223720

Event: Rogue, 'cold' (dwarf) star casts is gaze upon the station for a varied period of time. The net result is areas 'seen'/lit by space through windows suffer extreme temperature nosedive. The freezing creeps into the station, with event severeity measured by how long it lasts. Maybe space is even colder than normal with EVA now above and beyond hazardous.
Alternative is specific 'wing' or side facing of station experiences the freezing effects.
Alternative 2#: Or make this similar to a rad storm, where maint is the only safe haven. Maybe not as purely lethal as a rad storm, with winter gear, but it tends to bog down departments in frozen equipment, ice patches, and bitterness.

Magical event: Similar, except people maybe turn into snowmen, OR during the freezing of the station during the wizards winter wonderland, npc snowmen rise up in presence of fresh blood. Bloodthirsty snowmen. Or the presence of bleeding crewmen. The snowmen are easily destroyed, but they are many and always are lured by the scent of fresh, bleeding prey. Wizards included.

Wizards spell: Similar to fireball in usage, save it is very obviously a thrown snowball. Hit persons are immediately cold and freezing, but otherwise unstunned. However it is also an Area of effect freezing condition that makes the area slippery. Not immediately harmful, but as cold makes people hungry faster (incredibly fast, really), it is something for helping to wear down a particular target or area denial with frozen chokepoints. Maybe an upgraded version of the spell actually turns a hit person into a snowmen for its duration, who is impervious to harm. Special circumstances if wizard has fireball too, and makes a flaming snowman.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #223729

Damaged Silicons should spark every now and then and speak with a stutter when significantly damaged. With the stutter getting worse at various damage thresholds where at <20% it's more stutter than speech.
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #223741

Give ash walkers a reason to be a tribe rather than just fucking off alone and dying, or unleashing the ash tide on whatever is within 50 tiles of their spawn
Like a staff with a cooldown that permanently(?) wards tiles against ash storms, as long as it's connected to(or just close to) the tendril
And some tribal building materials, like bone fences or goliath hide walls/doors

Also, semi-related, but for the love of god make the other ruins better, or at least scale them down
It's okay for a structure to be stupidly large, or to have no real rewards or purpose, but having several that are both is a really weird decision
A ruin's contents should not be worth less than the ore that it's replacing
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223779

The UI of remote signallers should be updated, putting in a number would be way easier than what you have to do now.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #223885

ALT Clicking a signaler should send the signal without having to open up the UI.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #223946

Remove all random monkey names and bring back Pun Pun. It was a mistake.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #223947

Correct.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #224061

Sharp objects able to cut jumpsuits into a few cloth. Damp rags able to be used as a tourniquet to slow bleeding. Cloth/rag can be used to blindfold someone by just putting it over their eyes/hat slot. Making (Human) leather into a whip for ranged disarm attacks on people. Or making them die by a thousand, bleeding cuts.

Again for posterity: cannibalism of corpses via emote. Please.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #224411

Laughter Demons hitting you should cause the laughing sound file a la canned laughter
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #224475

Gamarr wrote:Again for posterity: cannibalism of corpses via emote. Please.
le vorestation slippery slope

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #224709

A cloak made from Goliath plates and watcher sinew that provides moderate protection from ash storms, and grants moderate brute reduction. Takes up the backslot like any other cloak, and has a toggle hood. You must have the hood up for proper ash storm protection.

This will give miners something to help them fight off ash storms for those times xenobio never ever gets them blue slime juice. Also, would be totally bad ass looking, and very fitting for the Ashwalkers to use.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #224744

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:A cloak made from Goliath plates and watcher sinew that provides moderate protection from ash storms, and grants moderate brute reduction. Takes up the backslot like any other cloak, and has a toggle hood. You must have the hood up for proper ash storm protection.

This will give miners something to help them fight off ash storms for those times xenobio never ever gets them blue slime juice. Also, would be totally bad ass looking, and very fitting for the Ashwalkers to use.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/16771
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #224749

Good lord those defenses. Adding in the diamond cost is a nice touch, give Ashwalkers something to use that bit of the Watcher for.

Also, how about this: Ashwalkers can make totems using decapitated heads and bone spears, specifically bone spears, to make areas roughly the size of the Snowdin or Beachbum domes ash storm free.
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #225275

The new Cargo sloths need a few additions: the Ian-pet-clothes UI thing, so they can wear scarves. Maybe hats too but minimum scarves.
Additional lavaland weather, such as 'advanced darkness.' It is just a weaker form of the ash storm, with minimal damage but that awful clouding of the vision where even having lamps on make it difficult to get around in.
Snow in holodeck can be dug up with a shovel, where it can be used to make snowmen and snowballs, all of which are real enough or something.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #225768

Remie Richards wrote:
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Mining Jumpboots should allow you to jump and ignore all turf effects. As it stands, it's 2500 for a quick 3 forward dash that can be useful in a fight, but really, as a mining item, I'd expect them to actually help with mining and let you hop over narrow chasms and lava. Can't tell you how many times I've been blocked by a 1-2 wide strip of lava, and have to go 50+ tiles to find a bridge around.

jump boots throw_at() you like an item/like pipe pressure releases/other shit.
so if a turf correctly checks for thing.throwing then you'll be immune.
It doesnt. Jump boots make you catch on fire.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #225881

Autoimplanters being able to be made through RnD at research levels of biological 7. Engineering 5. Materials 5. 4000 metal. 1500 silver 500 diamond.
Any balance/changes to numbers?
(Have it ready to open PR, curious on others' thoughts.)

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #225882

Alipheese wrote:Autoimplanters being able to be made through RnD at research levels of biological 7. Engineering 5. Materials 5. 4000 metal. 1500 silver 500 diamond.
I coded these and they got merged in part because I refused to put them into R&D
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #225886

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Alipheese wrote:Autoimplanters being able to be made through RnD at research levels of biological 7. Engineering 5. Materials 5. 4000 metal. 1500 silver 500 diamond.
I coded these and they got merged in part because I refused to put them into R&D
Ahhh you'd prefer them stay out of RnD's hand?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #225887

Mostly it's the maintainers who don't want it in there, since it makes it easy to get implants without the need for assistance in surgery. It is mainly in the game for nuke ops, since they already take ages to get out of their base, and there's no reason to hold them up further with doing 40 surgeries if they decide to buy cyberimplants
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: