Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #301351

Bottom post of the previous page:

If you feed a carpet-plant crayon powder, it will alter its given carpet type to carpet of that color.

Same applies to carpet chemicals.

Its relevant now we have black carpet, so it'd be feeding a carpet plant some crayon powder = get a carpet plant harvest with a black overlay and black carpet tiles when you craft it. (Or have the crayon powder modify the carpet plant genes for "carpet coloration - black" so you can restore the carpet plant when it dies without more powder.)

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #302079

Slimes should be able to eat other slimes.
NPC slimes will kill and eat their brethren if they get hungry enough, making them permanently feral and unable to be friendly to, and constantly hostile towards all other mobs.

This is definitely not a plan to create slime cage fights
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #302114

i still want fridge magnets you can stick on borgs to make them sing folk tunes
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #302125

Anonmare wrote:Slimes should be able to eat other slimes.
NPC slimes will kill and eat their brethren if they get hungry enough, making them permanently feral and unable to be friendly to, and constantly hostile towards all other mobs.

This is definitely not a plan to create slime cage fights
Slime rancher much?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #302285

PKPenguin321 wrote:i still want fridge magnets you can stick on borgs to make them sing folk tunes
I want to write code for this, but I have no idea how to avoid it being absolutely terrible!
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #302313

Gun Hog wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:i still want fridge magnets you can stick on borgs to make them sing folk tunes
I want to write code for this, but I have no idea how to avoid it being absolutely terrible!
when someone hits a Borg with one not removing it from their hand but like a flash use, it makes the Borg say a sentence.

If item hit by = magnet
Borg.say
(List of tunes they could say)

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #302395

Alipheese wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:
when someone hits a Borg with one not removing it from their hand but like a flash use, it makes the Borg say a sentence.

If item hit by = magnet
Borg.say
(List of tunes they could say)
But I wanted it to play actual sounds... :(
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #302819

Make it so that if you can screw driver a live grenade to disarm it.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #302835

calzilla1 wrote:Make it so that if you can screw driver a live grenade to disarm it.
Wirecutters permanently disable primed chemical grenades.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #302926

Swindly wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Make it so that if you can screw driver a live grenade to disarm it.
Flashbangs too?
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #302974

calzilla1 wrote:
Swindly wrote:
Flashbangs too?
No. Also, wirecutters don't permanently disable chemical grenades anymore as of yesterday.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #302996

Swindly wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Swindly wrote:
Flashbangs too?
No. Also, wirecutters don't permanently disable chemical grenades anymore as of yesterday.
That seems a bit snow flakey

XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #303051

calzilla1 wrote:
Swindly wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
Swindly wrote:
Flashbangs too?
That seems a bit snow flakey
He means it's not permanent anymore, they can be reused after defusing
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #304230

Make recyclers able to be turned.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #304327

Let us spike some heads
Use a decapitated head on either a metal rod or a spear then click it in hand to set it up on the square you're standing on

Got this idea from someone in chat last night.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #304498

That horror of the suggestion does not match the cuteness of your avatar.
私は完璧
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #304647

One Seven One wrote:Let us spike some heads
Use a decapitated head on either a metal rod or a spear then click it in hand to set it up on the square you're standing on

Got this idea from someone in chat last night.
This idea was born out of a round when we executed literally the worst shitter I've ever encountered. Here's a little taste of his shitterdom: he knew that the round was extended, everyone knew it, and he still tried to convince people that the bartender (who he'd gotten into a fight with) was a ling.

After execution, someone spaced the body and so all we had was the head. The bartender came up with that idea to impale the heads and posted it in ooc.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #304648

I ahelped how to put heads on pikes once because I was protecting my native land of the dorms with my carp-fu and wanted to ward off invaders. This is needed.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #304841

Nilons wrote:I ahelped how to put heads on pikes once because I was protecting my native land of the dorms with my carp-fu and wanted to ward off invaders. This is needed.
It was pretty easy to add, actually.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #304913

Remie Richards wrote:That horror of the suggestion does not match the cuteness of your avatar.
It's always the cute ones.

Here's the full image
http://zambiie.tumblr.com/image/124224087686
MMMiracles wrote:
Nilons wrote:I ahelped how to put heads on pikes once because I was protecting my native land of the dorms with my carp-fu and wanted to ward off invaders. This is needed.
It was pretty easy to add, actually.
Oh sweet! Thank you!
I'm expecting this to be used a lot in future rev rounds now.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #305080

Cute.
私は完璧
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #305083

There should be someway to observe the newscaster as a ghost
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #305952

TrustyGun wrote:There should be someway to observe the newscaster as a ghost
There is an admin button for this that could be adapted for all ghosts. Otherwise, making it TGUI could work as well.

As for my own suggestion: Upgrade module for the Janitor cyborg to replace its mop with the Advanced Mop. There is no practical reason except slipping people with more easily! :peel:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #305963

I'd actually appreciate if the janiborg had some more tools for its module, it's woefully under-equipped. To be honest, I'd probably give it floor tiles, a crowbar, a screwdriver and cable coil so it can do minor maintenance (like screwdrivering hacked doors shut because fuck me it's annoying to see doors with open panels every few feet). And the crowbar+floor tile for replacing broken floor panels. Maybe a module that lets them place mouse traps as well just cause.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #306140

Make it so Lings can't regen/revive after being thrown through an emagged recycler.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #306335

Anonmare wrote:I'd actually appreciate if the janiborg had some more tools for its module, it's woefully under-equipped. To be honest, I'd probably give it floor tiles, a crowbar, a screwdriver and cable coil so it can do minor maintenance (like screwdrivering hacked doors shut because fuck me it's annoying to see doors with open panels every few feet). And the crowbar+floor tile for replacing broken floor panels. Maybe a module that lets them place mouse traps as well just cause.
Having played a lot of janitor cyborg, I decided that you made a good point and made this a thing.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #306624

It would be nice if Mining Cyborgs could have 100 mod capacity instead of 80. I do not agree with them having inferior KAs, especially when human miners have access to several other weapons such as the crusher, plasma cutter, jackhammer, resonator along with sweet boss loot.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #306710

Yeah and it balances out by cyborgs being able to cross lava with upgrades and being innately immune to ash storms.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #308048

Make pens buildable in autolathes.

I want to be able to print off foam darts, a ridiculous number of pens and kill someone with a foam pistol.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #308050

Well there's a fountain pen PR out somewhere on github, but im not sure whether ink is synthesis-able.

Making pencils out of wood might be a good second alternative

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #308663

Make Heads of Staff unable to be roundstart antagonists if the round begins as low-pop.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #308765

Anonmare wrote:Make Heads of Staff unable to be roundstart antagonists if the round begins as low-pop.
:+1:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #308963

Make rev rounds end in an automated self-destruct if nobody wins in 50 minutes. At the 40 minute mark, Central Command sends a report stating that if they don't sort this out and get back to work soon then their contracts will be "terminated" and the alert level gets set to Delta.

Just something to prevent endless stalemates, especially if there's no admin on.
One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #309039

Yes please
Though we do need a way of taking care of CEs who just fuck around in space.
Otherwise they'll end it in a draw instead of a victory.
---
Give traitor bartenders the ability to buy loaded tech shells for 1-3 TC depending on the type or a bundle of loaded techshells for 8/12 TCs
Give traitor chemists a purchasable and empty Bioterror and a heavily discounted poison kit.
Hell, discounts on anything relating to their job.
Poison kit, mini syringe gun, med scanner, ect ect.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #309167

Allow Malf AI to buy a module for triggering the power outage event!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #309766

Make it so that if the sacrifice target goes off z-level they can no longer halt a bloodcult ritual. It's so cheap to hide on the aux base or to destroy the consoles and the teleporter beacon and hide in a locker on the mining base.

.t salty
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Post by Shadowizard » #310109

Re-sprite the curator's soapstone and whip. The whip looks like a piece of hair, and the soapstone looks like somebody puked on a cheeto.
Adam Twelve
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #310618

Someone port vg's suicide sounds
The thought of hearing edgy emo music after the clown shoots him self sounds fucking hilarious
The thought of 4 of them overlapping in the HoP's ears after blob is anounced is even more comical

One Seven One

Post by One Seven One » #310873

Mimes should start with a broken headset that can only listen.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #310877

Allow fake nuke disks to be screwdrivered to activate a fake transponder signal that makes pinpointers point towards it, if it is closer to them than the real nuke disk is.

Why not do the old switcharoo while the cap is in cloning, or hide a bunch of fakes all over the station while you scarper off with the real thing
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #311147

Cargo gets points for shipping living ashwalkers into slavery to NanoTrasen job training centers
Bring back papercult.

Shadowizard

Post by Shadowizard » #311149

Chefs should speak Swedish. Assistants should speak gutterspeak, which sounds like shitty Queen's English with a super-heavy accent.
Adam Twelve
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #311151

guys, this is minor suggestions, not shitty ideas
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowizard

Post by Shadowizard » #311153

Leather overcoats should have 5% (Or lower) melee armour because they're thick. For reference, sec jumpsuits have 10% melee.
Adam Twelve
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #311192

we should make it so using a weight lifting machine like 1000x hulks you
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #311790

For all plants or just a selection with a 'internal seeds' trait, you can craft the seeds out using a sharp knife manually.

Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #311830

Power sinks and Singulo Beacons should be points of interest for ghosts
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #312071

Make it possible to combine an amour vest/hazard vest together with a beaker-igniter assembly/grenade, cable coil and a health sensor to make a vest that can only be removed of the wearer's own volition (Or have it go off if someone strips it).

For that feeling of aloha snackbar.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #312342

Bring back self surgery only to MD's.
Add a 1/6th chance of a fumble / clone damage's you dont knows how to operate this machine or higher to medbay machines. Makes doctors important to doing healing without limiting it to just doctors.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #312471

A miner sorta-exclusive self extinguisher attachment for your jumpsuit

Click the button toggle to activate the charge and extinguish yourself, it has three charges and a 25 second cooldown between after being used, costs about 500 miner points.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #312474

Plasmaman jumpsuit fire extinguisher?