Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by DemonFiren » #85541

Bottom post of the previous page:

Trashbags of Holding, is what I imagine.

Maybe in two variants, light can fit on a janibelt, heavy can swallow even the largest items.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #85558

I wanted to avoid the whole "_____ of Holding" route because it seems overcomplex and it also needs decent amounts of research. I kinda wanted this to be obtainable early-mid round.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85565

(*) of Holding usually means Bluespace research plus balance prerequisites, the former of which can be upped to 4 with one telebeacon, one teleporter board (steal from the RD) and one wormhole generator. Not much effort.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #85569

Trashbags are actually the most robust belt slot item in the game.

Seriously, it's like a military belt, only it can hold like 30 things.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #85618

Make it possible to search the blood dna string in the medical records console, like you can in the security records console for fingerprints. At the moment I can only search for name or (I'm guessing) ID string, which is fucking useless if I'm trying to identify whose blood is on a wrench as detective. Currently, I have to scroll through the whole list looking for a matching blood type and then check each blood type for the right DNA string, which is needlessly complex.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #85635

We need foldable chairs that can be picked up and used as two handed weapons.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #85636

Reimoo wrote:We need foldable chairs that can be picked up and used as two handed weapons.
When you throw them, everyone gets hurt
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85648

Screw foldable chairs, just give us Bay-style pick-up-enabled bar stools.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #85664

Reimoo wrote:We need foldable chairs that can be picked up and used as two handed weapons.
If you choose SPACE WRESTLEMANIA as your religion as the Chaplain, your bible turns into a folding chair
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #85673

lumipharon wrote:Trashbags are actually the most robust belt slot item in the game.

Seriously, it's like a military belt, only it can hold like 30 things.
I know, but if you frequent janitor often, there's always shoes and stuff around the place that you can't pick up because the trash bag can't hold them. Maybe make the new trash bags not fit on belts?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #85852

change power outage from pulsing apc's from 2 minutes to 30 seconds. It makes attaching signalers for creating specific power outages a lot more interesting.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #87193

Splashing someone unconscious, but non-critical with ice should wake them - although they will likely immediately go back to sleep if they've had an overdose of knockout juice.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #87615

Drinking from the bartender's shaker should always consume 5u just like drinking from a glass does - it makes it way easier to mix the more complicated drinks. Most obvious example is long island ice tea where the best way to mix it is mix 30u of cuba libre then pour some into a glass, take a sip, and pour it back before adding the gin/tequila/vodka. Also useful when you're trying to mix 100u of any drink made with 2 parts something to 1 part something else (think 90% of the drinks that even exist).

Also please give bartending a condimaster in his back room so that when I fuck up mixing B-52s I don't have to start again from scratch.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #87678

So I'd been thinking.

We have Xenomorphs.

Replace Ninja with Predator.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #87681

Ninjas are already a replacement for predator, I think there's a comment in the code saying as such
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #87710

Malkevin wrote:Ninjas are already a replacement for predator, I think there's a comment in the code saying as such
Oh. Huh. Forgot about that. Revert?

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #87825

Can't, Goon got rekt by 20th century fox and made to remove them, it's what sparked the "WE CANT REFERENCE ANYTHING EVER BECAUSE COPYRIGHT" scares.
私は完璧
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #87832

also the metroids fiasco
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #87855

I'd just yell at them 'I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE-DARE YOU, MOTHERFUCKER, SAY C&D TO ME ONE MORE FUCKING TIME.'

And get rekt.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #87906

OH. Right. I was there for that shit too.

.... Well if i ever get ninja(Whcih I never do. Ever. Not once)... I'll just pretend.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #88117

[Monthly reminder that Detective needs to start with SecHUDS]
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Celdur
Byond Username: Celdurr

Post by Celdur » #88144

Next to throw and drop item, maybe have an icon that is a "give" intent. It would display a message saying that you're trying to hand out an item, and anyone who clicks you with help intent takes the item in their active hand.
Right now people just drop shit on the floor, or they have to forcefully shove it in your hands.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88171

Alternatively, a Bay-style right-click Give verb.

Or perhaps giving works by alt-clicking someone else. Is that possible?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #88207

Suddenly, changelings run into a lot of problems.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #88220

Make it so holding a club-like object (metal rod, baton) in your active hand with throw enabled, there's a chance you'll punt anything thrown at you back at the direction it came.

Chem traitor throwing death nades/syndies with minibombs? Bat that shit right back at them, extra points if it goes off in their face on return.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Post by MrMindless » #88222

would be interesting if the captain had the ability to make custom votes via his comms console, which could be voted on via crewmember PDA's
In case the captain wants to know if the majority of the station wants to leave, have someone executed or general roleplaying purpose
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #88297

Wow that's a great idea. You could go full mandate of the masses and get a crew vote on everything
"Singularity loose, should we call the shuttle or fix it?"
"Nuke ops, should I hide or fight?"
"Clown slipped me, should we kill or perma him?"
"I slipped the captain and stole his ID, should we declare me the new captain or have me bake it into a pie?"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #88385

As long as he has no actual obligation to use it for anything, that would be a pretty useful tool to have as a Captain.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #88453

How about a sprite for pan galactic gargle blaster in a shot glass? Blaster shots are fun and pretty easy to make if you use your shaker in the dispensers
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #88684

TheNightingale wrote:Suddenly, changelings run into a lot of problems.
Changelings can also middlemouse to sting (which is shit since that's the button I use to switch hands).
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #88737

Wyzack wrote:How about a sprite for pan galactic gargle blaster in a shot glass? Blaster shots are fun and pretty easy to make if you use your shaker in the dispensers
i support this, if only because gargle blasters are the best drink.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #88741

Please add a queue system to the protolathe similar to the exosuit fabricator.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #89308

Improvised riot shield: use two cable cuffs on a metal plate (or lay them on a table you lazy fuck) and you'll make a ghetto riot shield. Doesn't offer quite as much protection as a riot shield and has the added detriment of slowing you down slightly when you're holding it but it's some protection at least. Using a plasteel plate will add a bit more protection and allow it to do a considerable amount of damage if you hit someone with it.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89321

It's not possible (as far as I'm aware) to have shields do anything less than 100% perfect.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #89327

Only because no one's bothered to change the blocking system to use a block_chance var taken from the shield.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #89421

"Control Magic" spell, for wizards.

Control Magic is a skill from Elona which allows the user to cast line and AoE spells without harming nearby allies. Applied to SS13, taking this spell would allow a wizard to cast offensive spells at no risk to other wizards or apprentices.

For example, the Lighting Bolt spell would neither target nor chain to another wizard. Fireballs would pass through another wizard and continue to the target (the explosion will still damage a wizard, if one is caught in the blast). Magic Missile would not target a friendly wizard. Spells cast from a wand should also have the same effect.
Scones

Post by Scones » #89433

A more uniform way to discern status effects, like a buff/debuff bar somewhere on your screen instead of somewhat indistinct icons along the right side

Bleeding, burning, sick, item embeds, etc
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #89455

I'm no spriter, but I tried my hand at a fire alert by smashing some existing sprites together.
Spoiler:
intended to be the HuD display alert for being on fire
it's a gif but can be imported into a dmi file if some coder decides to use it for whatever reason
For bleeding,
Spoiler:
so yeah those are my shitty sprites
I don't know about having alerts for item embeds or illness, but both of those are made really obvious by the text bar anyways
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Make APCs in space start unlocked

Post by callanrockslol » #89507

They've been there for years and years exposed to meteors and bombs and stuff, makes no sense for them to be locked tight when half the station next to them has literally been torn to shreds.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #89517

You mean the ACPs on the derelict station and t-comms sat?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89555

Because I was thinking about syndicate tools, a low-TC item that resembles a pair of sunglasses but is completely welder-proof and far less conspicuous than a mask or goggles might be useful.

Or maaaybe night-vision sunglasses. (We don't have those. Do we?)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89560

I think we have night vision mensons
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89562

I thought those were thermals.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89563

Oh shit i guess you are right. Tator night vision would probably be a good idea
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #89565

NVGs, NVG HUDs and NVG Meson scanners can be obtained from R&D.
Basic NVG can be found in space, and are standard issue for Nuke Ops.
Thermals are standard issue for Deathsquad, and can be obtained from the traitor uplink.
Thermal and Xray implants can be made in R&D under specific, rare circumstances.
Xray can also be gained as a power from Genetics and Virology, or by taking the Scrying Orb spell as a Wizard.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #89574

DemonFiren wrote:Because I was thinking about syndicate tools, a low-TC item that resembles a pair of sunglasses but is completely welder-proof and far less conspicuous than a mask or goggles might be useful.

Or maaaybe night-vision sunglasses. (We don't have those. Do we?)
Can't really see that being worth much, maybe if it had a read-only sec hud built in so you could tell when the fuzz was onto you?
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #89595

Similar to pickpocket mechanics, or the set internals button, you should be able to turn off peoples broadcast on the radio, This would be useful for security as people often scream "SEC ROGUE!" or similar, we've all heard it.

But it could also have the added benefit for antags, making silent death a little more interesting, if you manage to toggle their radio without them realizing immediately..
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Scones

Post by Scones » #89608

Nightvision sunglasses are a bad idea

You're SUPPOSED to be trading flash protect for night vision
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89610

Of course, these things would only look like sunglasses, if that wasn't obvs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #89611

Some special syndicate black gloves for leaving no fibres.
Uplink function of buying martial arts manuals for already coded martial arts. Feature is never used.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89620

PLASMA KICK OF FUREEEEE