Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89620

Bottom post of the previous page:

PLASMA KICK OF FUREEEEE
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #89872

The chemmaster should be able to make 50u bottles of chemicals instead of just 30u.

Because why not? Patches are 50u max, pills are 50u max, even the condimaster can create 50u bottles.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #89879

Beakers suddenly become obsolete as they're replaced with bottles.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89880

Beakers always have been obsolete. Any smart chemist hands them over to Cargo for melting down.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #89885

Chameleon coat. Flicks between all the main labcoats, maybe hazard vest and armour as well, but has none of the benefits (if any), for more complete disguises.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89888

I think Bay has a full set of chameleon gear, that might be useful.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89899

Beakers are shit, 50u containers are too small to make most medicines without too much fiddling these days.

Large Beakers are where it's at.

Also instead of a chameleon coat, we just need to add the holoprojector (works a bit like the abductor vest, but with preset default loadouts)
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #89914

Maybe. I guess the big problem with the abductor vest is that you can see right through it with examine (unless they changed that?). People examine other people quite a lot, so it only works well for aliens because they are teleporting in and out, and don't need to hold 'deep cover' for terribly long.

Maybe a full set of chameleon gear would be better. Shoes, hat, coat, all that. You could make it disguise as whatever you scanned and have the disguise glitch if someone touched you there, that's definitely a good mechanic from abductor vests.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89915

The bay cham gear is just really clunky though. Like, you need five minutes in total privacy while you sod around setting the stuff one by one.

The fake gun is pretty fun though.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #89928

One time on bay as a detective i picked one up from science, not sure if they made it or what. Disguised it as a gyrojet pistol, told the warden what it was and he stashed it in the armory. Go battle a psycho miner on the research outpost and come back to the brig. A traitor officer is there, he has two other officers cuffed and holds me at gunpoint. Tells me not to move or he will shoot me. I take a look at his gear, he has the chameleon gun that he thinks is a gyrojet. I "me" emote laughing at him for about a minute, pull out my 45 and shoot him to near death while he fires harmless chameleon bullets back at me. That was one of the few really fun rounds i ever had on bay.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #90112

I've uh, never actually played gang. Does it have clown gangs? Because this is a thing.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #90703

Metal pipes should be able to be made into makeshift crowbars. They do less damage than crowbars if you hit someone with them, and break after a few uses on doors/tiles.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #90742

Not needed at all.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #90823

The server should be gathering stats and make them available to the players so you could see which jobs you're the best at, which traitor roles you have the highest success ratio at, and so on. We could then easily see which antagonist types need buffing/nerfing. Also, a map of the most common places to die in would be handy.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #90829

I'm not sure if this post was serious, because if it was, you're waaaaaay late.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #90831

DemonFiren wrote:I'm not sure if this post was serious, because if it was, you're waaaaaay late.
You can't reasonably expect me to read 20 pages of this thread. Since this was never implemented, I'm not late.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #90833

Not on this thread, and...well.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #90837

DemonFiren wrote:Not on this thread, and...well.
That's cool, some of those subpages are broken, but interesting nonetheless, thanks for the link.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #90875

Give Science a way to mail things. Like cargo, they have a strong function of giving things to other departments. This is severely restricted by general laziness of both Science and non-Science players. The only reliable way for them to give things to other departments is to physically walk/teleport to the receiving department. Scientists are generally good at upgrading Medbay, and miners usually trek over to Science in order to receive goodies. For the others, it is quite rare.

Cargo, as it stands now, is not a solution to this problem, as anything you flush down to them stays on the belt or gets spaced at some point. Science needs a way to send things to people that is better than walking. TeleScience was great for this before it was removed from the maps, though.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #90879

Sending untagged package wrapped stuff SHOULD be getting pulled out of the belt, bug report it if its not.

And no, giving science the tools to mail bombs around the station isn't a good idea.
Better to give cargo a 'produ-lathe' so they sell unlocked stuff.
Balut

Post by Balut » #90950

Malkevin wrote:And no, giving science the tools to mail bombs around the station isn't a good idea.
It's a GREAT idea.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #90982

No, they can literally put in a tiny bit of effort and table hop into the mail room.
They don't need it as a given.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #91022

Target body parts (for all interactions) based on where you actually click the opposing mob. If you're shooting a gun and want a well aimed :revolver: shot or trying to KO someone with an e-sword :toysword: slash, then you click on their mob icon in the appropriate location to land your hit appropriate body-part. So if you wanted to sneak up on someone and blow their brains out, you'd have to take the time to actually *aim* the shot on their icon, without them moving. An un-targeted shot would simply hit a random body part based on the appropriate random distribution.

This could also save a lot of frustration when it comes to healing people, without having to click twice to do one thing.
Are there ways in which this wouldn't be a viable idea?
Mime: Depresso
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #91023

invisty wrote:Target body parts (for all interactions) based on where you actually click the opposing mob. If you're just shooting a gun and want a :revolver: well aimed :revolver: shot, then you have to shoot at them when they're not moving and land a click on the appropriate body-part. So if you wanted to sneak up on someone and blow their brains out, you'd have to do so before they move. If they move, then it's just a "shot in the general direction" which would otherwise hit a random location.

This could also save a lot of frustration when it comes to healing people!

Are there ways in which this wouldn't be a viable idea?
Well there's the fact that's ridiculously annoying to do.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
invisty

Post by invisty » #91025

MisterPerson wrote:Well there's the fact that's ridiculously annoying to do.
How is that any more annoying than the current system?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91048

invisty wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:Well there's the fact that's ridiculously annoying to do.
How is that any more annoying than the current system?
Targeting eyes, mouth, and groin would all be weird, I would imagine.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #91070

Ability to climb on the back of the cyborg to ride and annoy the hell out of it. Also clown riding on brobot, both play violins C:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91072

Only if you give cyborgs *spin to throw people off

and if they have an esword it turns you into sushi
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91084

No, no, Dorsi, let cyborgs *flip to chuck the poor fuck riding it down the hallway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
qwert

Post by qwert » #91153

Toy nuke disc for arcade machine. Can be put inside nuke. Put five boxes of them with real one in one backpack, so nuke ops have fun time finding real one!
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #91156

Put a machine for removing certain chemicals from the mix in the bar or in bartender's backroom, similar to the ones chemists and botanists have.
invisty

Post by invisty » #91181

Make mobs visible inside transit tubes, or make transit tubes visually opaque.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91191

Sergeant Araneus needs to have the securitron's and ED-209's arrest mechanics. If he sees a criminal, he runs up to them and bites them to death.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91194

We need something that can throw people really, really far. Like, really far. And it needs to be easy to assemble, not like those disposals chutes that take four hours. I'd like to see people able to create portable mass-drivers (or un-anchor mass drivers already on the station) for on-station shenanigans use.

Explosions? They don't throw you for some reason, just make you flop in place. Make explosions throw people, too. When you stand next to a bomb too close, you gib, and your gibs go flying absolutely everywhere. Just outside the gib zone? You get flung down the hallway into a wall and break all your bones.

We need more ways to throw people.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Balut

Post by Balut » #91204

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Only if you give cyborgs *spin to throw people off

and if they have an esword it turns you into sushi
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91246

TheNightingale wrote:Sergeant Araneus needs to have the securitron's and ED-209's arrest mechanics. If he sees a criminal, he runs up to them and bites them to death.
Only if you can emag it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91278

DemonFiren wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:Sergeant Araneus needs to have the securitron's and ED-209's arrest mechanics. If he sees a criminal, he runs up to them and bites them to death.
Only if you can emag it.
Sergeant Araneus has a specially-made SecHUD over his eyes. He's been trained to look for the big red [W] and 'arrest' anyone showing it. A swipe of a cryptographic sequencer over the SecHUD's scanner will cause it to malfunction and view everyone as [W]anted, until the HUD is repaired through pulsing a wire in it.

To fix Araneus: Screwdriver open his HUD's maintenance panel, and pulse the sole wire with a multitool. Whilst it's attacking you.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #91413

PKPenguin321 wrote:We need more ways to throw people.
Couldn't agree more.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #91426

Araneus should cocoon criminal scum.
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #91527

Allow the players to select variations of some jobs that don't change anything but have a different name and thus let the player to play the job with a unique spin (saw this on some other server), e.g. Chemist/Pharmacist, Botanist/Gardener, Medical Doctor/Cryonics Specialist/Paramedic, Librarian/Writer/Journalist, Chaplain/Priest/Paladin, etc etc
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91552

"Sorry, I'm not a medical doctor, I can't heal you"
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #91568

Never stopped any chemist, geneticist, or even random passerbys from putting people into cryo or sleepers.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91604

I was making a Baystation joke, where they have ridiculous specialisations to further compartmentalise their Job Only Knowledge (GUNS ARE HIGH TECH TRIGGERS ARE COMPLICATED!!)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91635

Although even Bay hates that mentality. 'I don't give a damn that you're an Electrician, SET UP DAT FUKKEN ENGINE!' was reasonably common by the time I'd left.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91693

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #91885

Cutting the Ai control wire on hacked apc's during malf should turn it back to green, since the mode is about the AI using them to you know..... gain control of the stations systems.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92068

That's a bit too easy to completely trash any malf AI. 1 pair of gloves + one pair of cutters +being in maint should not basically equal game over for the malf AI. Thats why you have to destroy the APC entirely
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92077

Please for the love of god make the mining shuttle console hackable for all-access so I can do my own mining as science when there is no command staff or miners.
invisty

Post by invisty » #92177

Make emagging a drone flip the drone's 3rd law. It still can't interact with entities, but it is instructed to deconstruct the station.
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #92265

Remie Richards wrote:Can't, Goon got rekt by 20th century fox and made to remove them, it's what sparked the "WE CANT REFERENCE ANYTHING EVER BECAUSE COPYRIGHT" scares.
Call it prediter
or puh-digg-er
and use faggy digg memes
qwert

Post by qwert » #92450

FRANCLINIUM chem - makes mob with franclinium in bloodstream to shoot lightening bolts all around him, causes burn damage to mob injected with it C: