Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #616091

Bottom post of the previous page:

Give the psychologist pepperspray so it's not worse assistant traitor.
Chaplain has the null rod, curator has whip, chef has CQC, etc. Pyschologist just has nothing
I remade the beach away mission
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #616092

EuSouAFazenda wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:54 pm Give the psychologist pepperspray so it's not worse assistant traitor.
Chaplain has the null rod, curator has whip, chef has CQC, etc. Pyschologist just has nothing
Psychologist has a room in medbay.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616218

Make the chaplain's altar unwrenchable by right clicking it with a bible. Maybe craftable with wood planks and a bible, as well.
This would be great for the fighting sect, so they can set up in or around new arenas.
It would also allow alternate chapels to be constructed, so a maint chaplain can go to maintenance and actually worship there.
Or a crusade chaplain(lol) can have a site close to an area where the target of their crusade has lots of fighting.
the upcoming music sect could set up near the bar or medbay to be able to refresh their songs faster.
Plus, it would allow people to tide the chaplain's altar to annoy them.
Maybe set it up so they have to bless a certain number of tiles in the area(and automatically bless the chapel) for the altar to be wrenchable there.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

Post by mstachife » #616269

Have law updates for AI/borg be a popup rather than the text box bottom right. Or at least have an option for it. It can be extremely easy to miss sometimes.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #616282

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:41 pm Make the chaplain's altar unwrenchable by right clicking it with a bible. Maybe craftable with wood planks and a bible, as well.
This would be great for the fighting sect, so they can set up in or around new arenas.
It would also allow alternate chapels to be constructed, so a maint chaplain can go to maintenance and actually worship there.
Or a crusade chaplain(lol) can have a site close to an area where the target of their crusade has lots of fighting.
the upcoming music sect could set up near the bar or medbay to be able to refresh their songs faster.
Plus, it would allow people to tide the chaplain's altar to annoy them.
Maybe set it up so they have to bless a certain number of tiles in the area(and automatically bless the chapel) for the altar to be wrenchable there.
it'd also let you actually redecorate your chapel, words cannot express how frustrating it is being unable to move the altar when you want to fuck around with your chapel and make it into something interesting
► Show Spoiler
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #616343

Can we get fire sprinklers that can attach to plumbing pipes? People can replace water with welding fuel if they are evil
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616698

Holoparasites need a little help.
If they float/fly over a hazard, their owner takes damage from it. This is fine when it's stuff like glass shards, but if you get a powerminer on lavaland and it flies over lava you die pretty much instantly. Holos stepping on things seems like a bug to me- they have legs, sure, but they seem to hover instead of walking.

Ranged specifically could use a change or two. Scouting mode not being fully invisible makes it way less useful than it could be. It should be like a revenant, impossible to see unless it's in fighting mode. Scouting mode should also be(excuse me if this is already a thing) more independent than other holoparas, able to be across the station from its master while scouting. Stalking people quietly seems like more fun than just following your master around and peeking through walls for them like a shitty budget x-ray.

EDIT:
After rolling holopara twice today, I have new input.

The thing with glass shards happens with glass tables, too- so if a scouting ranged holopara runs over glass table, it breaks the table and damages the user.

Also, having rolled a healing holoparasite- it should be made clear somewhere in the description that they don't heal wounds. Just damage. So if your master is bleeding you need to tell them to gauze themselves.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #616754

Add maracas you cowards.
Let me go chick-chicky boom, chicky-chicky boom idiots.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616767

EuSouAFazenda wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:31 am Add maracas you cowards.
Let me go chick-chicky boom, chicky-chicky boom idiots.
make it so that you can add a signaller to the maracas, so that you can trigger it whenever you shake them.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #616809

you should be able to ghost after being unconscious for a certain length of time (e.g. 5 minutes, but 2 minutes would be better) without it severing the connection to your body
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #616849

Few ideas to improve gameplay experience:

* Remove Hand Teleporter from the list of traitor objectives and from the Space Law - there are people who much rather have it sitting in their backpack than anybody else using it, because "they could be a traitor who wants to steal it!" as well as head traitor who essentially have a free objective when having to steal the hand tele.

* Insulated gloves to vendomats at a reasonable price - cargo orders them for around 600, which could be the new price. This would reduce the pointless tiding.

* Combat gloves to secvendomats - could be like 1200 or whatever since they can be bought with department funds.

* Sunglasses to vendomats (other than the single pair thats available for the bartender) at a reasonable price - 200 credits or whatever it currently is, just make them more accessible
EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #616851

Istoprocent1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm Few ideas to improve gameplay experience:

* Remove Hand Teleporter from the list of traitor objectives and from the Space Law - there are people who much rather have it sitting in their backpack than anybody else using it, because "they could be a traitor who wants to steal it!" as well as head traitor who essentially have a free objective when having to steal the hand tele.

* Insulated gloves to vendomats at a reasonable price - cargo orders them for around 600, which could be the new price. This would reduce the pointless tiding.

* Combat gloves to secvendomats - could be like 1200 or whatever since they can be bought with department funds.

* Sunglasses to vendomats (other than the single pair thats available for the bartender) at a reasonable price - 200 credits or whatever it currently is, just make them more accessible
You realize the implications of those changes right?
Yes, you can buy insuls off cargo. But unless you're a technician yourself then you'd have to ask the cargo guys for it, creating a breadcrumb back to you. Being able to buy them from a vendor completely remove this aspect of it, making it undetectable; nowhere was tided into and nobody bought it off Cargo. You get the glove with none of the risks or drawbacks .

The combat glove change is OK I guess.

Sunglasses definitely are not a good idea. Not only do they provide protection vs flashes but they also completely make you immune to being converted to a revolution. There's a reason why the people that do have access to them: the QM can order guns, the lawyer has security radio access, the bartender has a gun, etc. Sunglasses are a strong item, not one you can handle like candy.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616852

EuSouAFazenda wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:12 pm Sunglasses are a strong item, not one you can handle like candy.
adding to this, they currently prevent eye damage from welding, don't need to be toggled, and don't block your vision, unlike just about every other form of welding protection.

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #616858

EuSouAFazenda wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:12 pmYou realize the implications of those changes right?
I do - the gameplay experience would be better for all the parties involved in my humble opinion.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #616863

Making cargo less tedious/increasing the likelihood of people loading crates into the shuttle:

1. Make airlocks to shuttle open faster
2. Make station shutter button also toggle shutters on shuttle (when docked at the station)
3. Make crates push each other for faster loading/unloading
4. Give the shuttle conveyor belts by default (because while people do add them themselves, it's time-consuming enough to be a pretty rare occurrence)
5. Give every station the cargo mech that you can load crates into easily
6. Other ideas I've probably had that I've forgotten

Do sunglasses really prevent eye damage from welding? I thought they only reduced it.
NSFW:

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616893

cacogen wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:18 am 1. Make airlocks to shuttle open faster
I don't think that works without making you have to open the doors twice.
2. Make station shutter button also toggle shutters on shuttle (when docked at the station)
yes.
3. Make crates push each other for faster loading/unloading
YES.
4. Give the shuttle conveyor belts by default (because while people do add them themselves, it's time-consuming enough to be a pretty rare occurrence)
5. Give every station the cargo mech that you can load crates into easily
These take away from projects that people can(but usually don't) do. Also, cargo can order the RIPLEY in a crate.
Do sunglasses really prevent eye damage from welding? I thought they only reduced it.
Yes. You don't even get screen flashes or blurriness. You just get a little blue text in the chat window about welding.

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #617498

* Replacing firelocks with holofans - this change would remove a ton of CBT that comes when there is a slight breeze.

* Sec Baton rework - 35 stamina damage. To make it less like a buffed holosword, one could add shenanigans like baton checking if the user has more than 25 stamina damage, if yes, apply the condition which is currently applied on the 1st hit as well as the stamina damage. 2 hit game enders are good and all, but maybe we can turn it into 3 hits and see where it goes.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #617519

>Replacing firelocks with holofans

I suggested that too, but they weren't interested. Someone made it so you can put holofans over firelocks to prevent them closing though.
NSFW:

Noodlecat
Byond Username: Noodlecat

Post by Noodlecat » #617529

Make N2O do stamina damage until knockout al la zombie powder instead of instant no warning knockout.

Remove CO2 knockout and make it slowly make you drunk and do too damage overtime instead of an even worse no warning knockout.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #617541

Istoprocent1 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:44 pm * Replacing firelocks with holofans - this change would remove a ton of CBT that comes when there is a slight breeze.

* Sec Baton rework - 35 stamina damage. To make it less like a buffed holosword, one could add shenanigans like baton checking if the user has more than 25 stamina damage, if yes, apply the condition which is currently applied on the 1st hit as well as the stamina damage. 2 hit game enders are good and all, but maybe we can turn it into 3 hits and see where it goes.
The CBT is intended.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #617604

That sounds like an excuse thrown out by maintainers in order to dupe plebs into thinking the current state of firelocks is intentional or desirable.
NSFW:

Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Post by Highway Routine » #618648

Allow the ai to hear things depending on where they look. It is very very quiet in there.

Music player as well.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #618660

Allow the AI to examine while you're at it
NSFW:

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #618671

cacogen wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:56 pm Allow the AI to examine while you're at it
Highway Routine wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:39 pm Allow the ai to hear things depending on where they look. It is very very quiet in there.

Music player as well.
We have a separate bad suggestions thread you know
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #618753

I always assumed the inability of the AI to hear what they're looking at or examine things is a limitation of how the AI eye works and not intended for balance.
NSFW:

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #618756

cacogen wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 am I always assumed the inability of the AI to hear what they're looking at or examine things is a limitation of how the AI eye works and not intended for balance.
The examine thing is at least partially balance.
As for the sounds, that'd make the AI an ever better validhunter by allowing it to know where someone is in maint.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #618761

It might be possible to prevent sounds from tiles the AI can't see.
NSFW:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #619946

Putting gibtonite in a washing machine should cause it to explode during the spin cycle.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #621386

Disablers shouldn't be usable by pacifists. Pacifism should revolve around avoiding combat, not harming.
It is too easy to kill people as a pacifist. Simply disabler, cuff, and space.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #621459

fishing minigame like the one in stardew valley (that one is particularly satisfying, has great game feel and is an example of one in a sprite-based game with a similar perspective)

aranclanos made a joke pr like this once but there's no reason it couldn't be real particularly given we have more fish than just carp now
NSFW:

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #621483

cacogen wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:23 pm fishing minigame like the one in stardew valley (that one is particularly satisfying, has great game feel and is an example of one in a sprite-based game with a similar perspective)

aranclanos made a joke pr like this once but there's no reason it couldn't be real particularly given we have more fish than just carp now
i think the only pools of liquid that are large enough for a fish to feasibly live in are the magic pond & plasma river on icebox, and the lava near the mining station on lavaland.
lava fish could be pretty cool though.

bean_sprout
Byond Username: Barber_Ferdinand

Post by bean_sprout » #621987

Make it so the AI core can wear hats.
traysoul
Byond Username: Traysoul

Post by traysoul » #622043

Add second choice for swarmers in "Replicate" ability of creating a swarmer shell instead of AI one so they could have second chance.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #622046

traysoul wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 pm Add second choice for swarmers in "Replicate" ability of creating a swarmer shell instead of AI one so they could have second chance.
The original replicate was changed for a reason.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622047

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:30 pm The original replicate was changed for a reason.
MFer's when you aint dieing.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

traysoul

Post by traysoul » #622048

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:30 pm
traysoul wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 pm Add second choice for swarmers in "Replicate" ability of creating a swarmer shell instead of AI one so they could have second chance.
The original replicate was changed for a reason.
Swarmers right now can't do significant damage to the station(no sm touching, no hull breaches, can't touch apc/disrupt power grid). Most sabotage they can do is destroying the ore silo.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622049

traysoul wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:43 pm Most sabotage they can do is destroying the ore silo.
fucking with the power grid destroys basically all resource production I.E(No mechs no surgery tools no nothin you need to print research becomes useless effectively)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

traysoul

Post by traysoul » #622057

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:03 pm
traysoul wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:43 pm Most sabotage they can do is destroying the ore silo.
fucking with the power grid destroys basically all resource production I.E(No mechs no surgery tools no nothin you need to print research becomes useless effectively)
They can't fuck with power grid.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622090

wait I meant fucking ore silo not power grid, im drunk as fuck
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #622102

Expand Clown Tech, which does basically nothing:
  • Name the tech Social Psych
  • Add Mime-related items to the Clown-related items.
  • Add improved art supplies - faster and possibly better chisels?
  • Printable dice, cards, and sets of crayons from plastic at the service lathe maybe?
  • Maybe make instruments printable, too 8-)
  • ILLEGALLY ADVANCED PRANKING MATERIALS - combine with illegal tech to produce Adaptive Cardboard Cutouts, decoy Nuclear Authentication Disks, and other shenanigans
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
bean_sprout
Byond Username: Barber_Ferdinand

Post by bean_sprout » #622443

Can someone do something about icebox botany?

The windows are very cute, but because it's on a mob zlevel, this frequently leads to bears and wolves breaking into the room 5 minutes into the shift. Do there really need to be windows? If so, can shutters or something be added? Something to keep mobs that spawn right outside from breaking in and rendering the workplace uninhabitable?

More importantly, the power. Even when no autogrow is used, botany loses power 5 min into the shift like 90% of the time. It might get power back around the 8 - 10 minute mark if engi are quick in getting the sm set up, but usually not. The vast majority of botany shifts on icebox I've played have been with losing access to vendors, biogen, fertilizer, lights(plants need those) very quickly into the shift and it just sucks, it drastically limits what you can do.

I get that this is SS13, and issues can just pop up, deal with it w/e. It's just that these kind of obstructions to just doing your basic job shouldn't be the baseline, especially because it is mostly environmental, not even an antag messing with you.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #624866

Chaplain with money god should be able to heal robots/cyborgs. Right now it says that it refuses to heal that metallic taint, which is clearly against the narrative that the god only cares about money
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #624877

adamkad1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:34 pm Chaplain with money god should be able to heal robots/cyborgs. Right now it says that it refuses to heal that metallic taint, which is clearly against the narrative that the god only cares about money
Cyborgs don't have kidneys.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #627928

Add overlays to things while building or deconstructing that show you what tool type or material comes next.
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #628469

Defcon sign : Basically, it would look like a air alarm, but without the thing on the bottom, and displays the different levels, for instance green, blue etc. The current alert would be lit up on the display. Not a needed feature but would be cool to see especially in the bridge.
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #628558

I saw that CTF map today with the portals behind the wooden doors that take you to like a portal nexus with other portals behind wooden doors and I was captivated by the possibilities but then it was immediately garbage because you just come out another door in the same corridor like Scooby Doo. Doesn't give you a tactical advantage by putting you in a different part of the map where you can ambush the enemy like you might expect.

But it reminded me a bit of the secret passageways in Harry Potter, which were cool shit. We need those. So what I'm suggesting is ladders that take you to another ladder elsewhere on the map. On multi-z, you could go a step further and have the ladders lead to secret rooms and be connected by tunnels. But the key is that neither where the ladders lead or where the ladders are should be consistent between rounds, so powergamers don't ruin it.
C a r p r i l l o
Byond Username: Carprillo

Post by C a r p r i l l o » #630441

Oddly specific and far from crucial, but having sign language be a proper alternative language - i.e. one only intelligible to those with the appropriate quirk instead of everyone - could be interesting.

It would cause some obstacles in communication but I can also see that being part of the fun in a lot of ways as far as encouraging people to get creative about it goes. Just a thought.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #630463

You should have to hold down left-click to mine like in craftwork.

Each swing goes dink like RuneScape, the progress bar fills, the turf gets more cracks and then it collapses with a satisfying noise.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #630479

cacogen wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:12 am You should have to hold down left-click to mine like in craftwork.

Each swing goes dink like RuneScape, the progress bar fills, the turf gets more cracks and then it collapses with a satisfying noise.
wrong thread, think your looking for the bad ideas.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #630626

Chunky fingers should prevent one from using sign language. Or distort their signs like an accent would.
► Show Spoiler
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

Post by tjatpbnj » #631831

mullets
look in the spanner box got no thing in there cant do go sailing in em