Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by DemonFiren » #66586

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ohohoho, that is plain evil.

:+1:
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #66652

Instead of adding new and pointless not-quite-human races, allow people to spawn as some of the ones we already have, with the same rules and limitations.

So: you can spawn as a golem, but you're slaved to your head of staff (and can't use guns). You can spawn as a slime person, but this will make you allergic to cold (but a great slime farmer). You can even spawn as a fly person (for all the good that does) or start with a couple of body parts already augmented.

I think it would make the station more interestingly diverse, while not requiring a lot of new code.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #66654

Mite b cool, but also takes away the novelty of all the hard work xeno has to do to get those things. Except the starting augments, that seems a bit too powerful
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66668

Actually, prestarting augmented/with robolimbs sounds like a pretty damn good idea.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #66686

Violaceus wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Actually, prestarting augmented/with robolimbs sounds like a pretty damn good idea.
No.

What would be the point of NOT choosing robolimbs as they are superior in 99% cases?
EMPs will stun and deal (burn?) damage to the augmented person, so the EMP kit will have even more use then before
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #66706

In more advanced medical systems, EMPs will outright destroy any mechanical limb/organ. If your fully augged and you get EMPed, you have around 15 seconds before you die.

Of course since we don't have that (yet) I think it just hurts that limb really bad. I can't remember.
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Post by Somejerk » #66710

Molar implanting with the surgical drill.

NVG mesons.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #66713

Reduce the length of deafness from being exploded, it's riDONKulous.
Or nerf it, like whisper speak, Where someone standing close enough speaks and you can hear them. but further away you get sentence structure and random letters.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66883

Make the Chaplain's hoodie crayon-dyeable.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #66895

DemonFiren wrote:Make the Chaplain's hoodie crayon-dyeable.
This shouldn't be too hard to do, really. I'll ask some coders.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #66902

Only if the hoodie is in the clothesmate or the theater, please?
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66903

Reproducable chaplain hoodies. Cargo clothing fabricator, maybe.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #66956

Violaceus wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Actually, prestarting augmented/with robolimbs sounds like a pretty damn good idea.
No.

What would be the point of NOT choosing robolimbs as they are superior in 99% cases?
Then balance it. Augs already have two problems: EMPs and the fact that doctors often don't notice them. I'm also not proposing having a full set of augments, just one or two. But the easiest way to go further is to limit it by job, just like lizards. Make it so only heads of staff can get augments (or make up some other class distinction, like only roboticists, or only miners and security, or whatever) and it'll be fine. Not everyone will have augments, but those that do will have an interesting and different option at roundstart.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #66960

Could just have it limited to the arms and legs (Chest has a lot of virus and xeno impregnation protection), AND have it be completely random.
then to add the customisation option since some people won't want robolimbs, just have a tickbox that gives a CHANCE to spawn with random limbs augmented. (with 1 being common and 2-3 being rare)
私は完璧
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #67027

TrustyGun wrote:Only if the hoodie is in the clothesmate or the theater, please?
TrustyGun wrote:Only if the hoodie is in the clothesmate or the theater, please?
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #67258

What if just regular hoodies that are dyeable that don't make you look like you're about to shoot up a high school?

Also automatic line breaks when using paper instead of having to tack [br] onto the end of everything. It makes it super easy to copy paste a character sheet out of a book for D&D and I'm sure there's dozens of other applications. Makes paperwork less tedious and literally everyone else has it.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #67305

Let changeling brains become the spider-things similar to the thing so during debraining they have some slim chance of crawling into a vent and finding some monkey to infest for a second chance.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #67351

And all it'd take to counter the brain-spider is welding a single vent in robotics.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #67358

The ability to see how many cards are in a deck by examining it.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Post by Somejerk » #67365

Wizardjenkins66 wrote:The ability to see how many cards are in a deck by examining it.
Add the ability to do a 52 pickup.

Now do this with the syndicate deck on someone who is knocked down.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #67370

God damn that just sounds hilarious. Like what's he do once he's a head though? Maybe he could find one of his husks he left in maint and crawl up its aforcibly re-attach?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #67389

Saegrimr wrote:God damn that just sounds hilarious. Like what's he do once he's a head though? Maybe he could find one of his husks he left in maint and crawl up its aforcibly re-attach?
That sounds fun, but I've got another idea. If there's a dead body somewhere (not a husk) and the changeling has a minute or two to spare on their own with it, it can absorb the body to reconstitute its own. Destroys the body, but isn't a viable means to stop leaving evidence (husks) because it requires leaving genetic material behind.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #67394

Saegrimr wrote:God damn that just sounds hilarious. Like what's he do once he's a head though? Maybe he could find one of his husks he left in maint and crawl up its aforcibly re-attach?
only if people can wear it as a hat, like a drone
Image Image Image
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #67495

MMMiracles wrote:Let changeling brains become the spider-things similar to the thing so during debraining they have some slim chance of crawling into a vent and finding some monkey to infest for a second chance.
Alternatively give the ling an ability that lets it EXPLODE into living npc gibs when it's in crit. The living gibs move around and seek out players to throw themselves onto. If one grabs a player another player has to pull it off quickly our it'll absorb into the victim at which point all the other living gibs will die and the ling will take control of its victim. It does have its draw backs though. The gibs themselves don't have much health. A good whack with an extinguisher will kill them. They'd also die on their own after a minute or two if left alone. Basically it'd serve as a desperate fuck you in the event that some vigilante was about to stuff you in the cremator or gibber
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #67538

Oh hell yes. Single-handedly making lone vigilante hunters of lings impotent and in fact doomed?

Get in the lynch mob with the rest of the crew, assistant.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #67738

Explodey bodysnatcher sounds hype as fuck.

Also as dumb as it is I still really wish that borging a changeling would get you a Transformer.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #67743

PA radiation turns raw meat into bacon/meat steak
y/y
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #67782

420weedscopes wrote:PA radiation turns raw meat into bacon/meat steak
y/y
You have been banned
Reason: stole the PA and irradiated half the crew while "mass producing bacon"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67975

Committing suicide with a gun is possible regardless of whether that gun is capable of inflicting lethal damage, this includes practice and lasertag lasers. Have not checked with floral rays.

Additionally, committing suicide via firearm does not expend a cartridge or unit of charge.
In the event that git is not the place for this kind of report.

Also, suiciding with an empty or non-lethal gun should deal massive brain damage instead, and display some snark.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #68127

DemonFiren wrote:
Committing suicide with a gun is possible regardless of whether that gun is capable of inflicting lethal damage, this includes practice and lasertag lasers. Have not checked with floral rays.

Additionally, committing suicide via firearm does not expend a cartridge or unit of charge.
In the event that git is not the place for this kind of report.

Also, suiciding with an empty or non-lethal gun should deal massive brain damage instead, and display some snark.
"X stares stupidly at his gun, it looks like he's too stupid to commit suicide!"
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #68165

Make hugbox more because I died the second goddamn time on this same thing: lowered my breath mask, walked around the station, going to wire the solars, stepping outside, setting internals on, "oh! something irl needs to be quickly done!", come back 30 seconds later to my dude in crit because I didn't forget to raise the mask back on before setting internals.

edit: oh wow h ugbox is filtered.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #68173

Balut wrote:
Easy enough. I'll do this in the morning.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #68271

As a changeling, examining your limbs should have "our" instead of "my" when it talks about your limbs.

"Our left leg is fine"
"Our torso is fine"

As opposed to "my".
Apparently I was an director or something.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #68307

Vekter wrote:
Balut wrote:
Easy enough. I'll do this in the morning.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/7660 Ask and ye shall receive.
Spoiler:

TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #68335

Aw yeah, time to start a clown cult and draw crayon runes in maint dress up responsibly as an assistant.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #74748

pacemakers
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #74771

A hydroponics cyborg. Instead of a bunch of different modules they would have some basic plants that are constantly growing as well as the basic botanist loadout.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #74777

EDIT: Moved this crap to the hotkeys thread.
Last edited by kosmos on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #74936

AdenAbrafo wrote:A hydroponics cyborg. Instead of a bunch of different modules they would have some basic plants that are constantly growing as well as the basic botanist loadout.
this has already been thought of, toyed with, and generally considered a bad idea. sorry bud.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #74944

A new scanner for the detective would be cool. I do hope it stays vault gun shaped though, I always imagined it having its own holster in my trenchcoat
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #75102

i made a thread for things that need hotkeys and this little cuck "kosmos" goes and puts them all in here
i am specifically and deliberately not working on any of your ideas you nazi
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #75114

danno wrote:i made a thread for things that need hotkeys and this little cuck "kosmos" goes and puts them all in here
i am specifically and deliberately not working on any of your ideas you nazi
Shit sorry I didn't notice the thread.
MeatShake
Byond Username: MeatShake

Post by MeatShake » #75128

AdenAbrafo wrote:A hydroponics cyborg. Instead of a bunch of different modules they would have some basic plants that are constantly growing as well as the basic botanist loadout.
Why a cyborg? If it were just a little robot that mindlessly tended to plants and could be programmed it would be cool but relegating a borg to that tiny department seems cruel as well as boring. Janitor borgs roam the station and have constant messes to clean up, engiborgs as well, sec borgs stop those damn criminals and death is endless which makes the mediborg a must. Hydroponics... Not so much.

The constant weeding and filling water and all that is really tedious and having a bot do all that stuff while you focus on spamming death nettle and killer tomatoes would be really awesome.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75376

As far as water is concerned, I believe we should be able to refill water tanks (if not already possible) and hook them up to the irrigation system.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #75512

The clown needs a Jester outfit. Preferably including a hat with bells on it that jingles when you walk.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75514

Yes, yes, all of the yes.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #75521

Also a motley backpack.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #75572

Give changelings the aliens lunge ability.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #75575

Skorvold wrote:Give changelings the aliens lunge ability.
slit my wrists please
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #75628

I'm actually coding dive-tackling for humans right now. It's pretty fun. I really only need to finish the HUD button and make dog piling onto downed people work properly.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75645

Give it a short range and ensure it's not spammable, kthx.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: