Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by DemonFiren » #98790

Bottom post of the previous page:

Copypasta'd over from that other thread:
Babin wrote:Emag capability for sleepers.
Emagging a sleeper will randomly scramble its buttons, making it frustrating to use. Pressing the button for morphine might inject salbutamol instead. A player can use trial and error to figure out which buttons are which.
Alternatively, make them inject substances that do the opposite of the medicine they're labelled as.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #98889

If you're gibbed, it should set off any explosives implanted in your body.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #98906

invisty wrote:Give cyborgs greater protection from energy weapons. Physics-wise, it makes sense that metal is more resistant and reflective to electromagnetic radiation than flesh. Secondary to that, they've lost a lot of their niche abilities over years of nerfs, and niche buffs would really help set them apart from regular crew.
This is totally, totally wrong though.

Flesh is a really excellent insulator. Much much better than sheet metal.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #98964

An0n3 wrote:Flesh is a really excellent insulator. Much much better than sheet metal.
Well you could actually argue both ways for a cyborg. Their metal shells would block high-end wavelengths (We know at least one type of weapon fires in the X-ray spectrum) via absorption or deflection, protecting vulnerable internal components from subsequent electromagnetic effects. I imagine the real risk to a cyborg would be wavelengths that ignore the thickness of it's armour, like gamma rays.
Mime: Depresso
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99035

invisty wrote:
An0n3 wrote:Flesh is a really excellent insulator. Much much better than sheet metal.
Well you could actually argue both ways for a cyborg. Their metal shells would block high-end wavelengths (We know at least one type of weapon fires in the X-ray spectrum) via absorption or deflection, protecting vulnerable internal components from subsequent electromagnetic effects. I imagine the real risk to a cyborg would be wavelengths that ignore the thickness of it's armour, like gamma rays.
Which weapon would that be? It sure as shit isn't the x-ray gun, famous for firing through walls both steel and plasteel.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #99225

An0n3 wrote:
invisty wrote:Give cyborgs greater protection from energy weapons. Physics-wise, it makes sense that metal is more resistant and reflective to electromagnetic radiation than flesh. Secondary to that, they've lost a lot of their niche abilities over years of nerfs, and niche buffs would really help set them apart from regular crew.

Well. Maybe. But that can work to the borg's advantage - it's all a question of how much energy is actually absorbed by the material. Shiny, polished metal will reflect a lot more energy than flesh will, and if the material is conductive enough then any heat will be carried away and spread across the borg's body before it causes damage (whereas flesh, when subject to point-heating, will just cook at the point in question)
Take the conductive suits worn by workers on HV cables - if the current's passing through their clothing, it's not passing through them. Path of least resistance and all that.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #99464

i think there should be a synditoolbox you can buy that's full of surgery tools.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99467

Cik wrote:i think there should be a synditoolbox you can buy that's full of surgery tools.
6 TC: A Syndicate medical dufflebag with the following items:
Spoiler:
Surgical drapes
Scalpel
Hemostat
Retractor
Cautery
Circular saw
Surgical drill
Straitjacket
MMI
For all your traitorling debraining needs.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #99468

the MMI is actually a fantastic idea. maybe a cyborg created with a syndi MMI could have syndiborg laws?
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #99469

TheNightingale wrote:
Cik wrote:i think there should be a synditoolbox you can buy that's full of surgery tools.
6 TC: A Syndicate medical dufflebag with the following items:
Spoiler:
Surgical drapes
Scalpel
Hemostat
Retractor
Cautery
Circular saw
Surgical drill
Straitjacket
MMI
For all your traitorling debraining needs.
6tc is a shit ton of tc for something you can steal entirely from robotics/mostly from medbay and has such limited applications. Probably make it cost 2tc or 3tc if you really value the melee ability of the circular saw that much.

I'd also include the muzzle as well.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99496

Most of these should be in a box inside the dufflebag, or else it's not gonna fit back in again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99512

newfren wrote: 6tc is a shit ton of tc for something you can steal entirely from robotics/mostly from medbay and has such limited applications. Probably make it cost 2tc or 3tc if you really value the melee ability of the circular saw that much.

I'd also include the muzzle as well.

It's a big convenience. Plus the scalpel, saw, and drill in particular are all good melee weapons: some of the best in class for their size and stealth when you consider that something like a sword or an axe is very obvious or has to be activated in hand first. And the buckle-straitjacket is impossible to resist out of, or will be soon (was that no resisting out of buckle-jacketing PR passed?).
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #99532

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99647

invisty wrote:Make emagging a drone flip the drone's 3rd law. It still can't interact with entities, but it is instructed to deconstruct the station.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10227
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99666

Ricotez wrote:
invisty wrote:Make emagging a drone flip the drone's 3rd law. It still can't interact with entities, but it is instructed to deconstruct the station.
But how do they do that without interfering?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #99670

TheNightingale wrote:
Ricotez wrote:
But how do they do that without interfering?
not disassemble the Central Primary Hallway

tear away at the station in places where people hardly ever come

of course that's the intention, in practice drone players will probably run straight for the armoury and space all the guns. if you want to join into the discussion, there is one going on in the PR right now
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100057

Voice changers need a human/lizard/maybe fly setting, as does the 'change voice' changeling power.

Transform sting should probably also change its victim's race to that of the genome source, that is, if you absorb a lizard and transformsting a human with the lizard gene, the human should turn into a lizard.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #100061

DemonFiren wrote:Transform sting should probably also change its victim's race to that of the genome source, that is, if you absorb a lizard and transformsting a human with the lizard gene, the human should turn into a lizard.
I think it already does that, as I remember getting turned into a lizard a month or more ago by a changeling.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #100065

DemonFiren wrote:Voice changers need a human/lizard/maybe fly setting, as does the 'change voice' changeling power.

Transform sting should probably also change its victim's race to that of the genome source, that is, if you absorb a lizard and transformsting a human with the lizard gene, the human should turn into a lizard.
Transform sting has you covered.

As for voice changers, I agree. I've caught my share of lings with it.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #100159

mosquitoman wrote:You asked and I deliver: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10216
yay, it's been merged

traitorlings rejoice!
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #100226

Make it so you can light a cigarette, rollie or cigar off of a burning mob by clicking them with it.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100291

You should probably also be able to light stuff with a flamethrower, supermatter or containment field.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #100408

You should be able to light things with a laser gun. It deals full laser damage to your head though,
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #100409

TrustyGun wrote:You should be able to light things with a laser gun. It deals full laser damage to your head though,
All I could think of was this.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #100433

Hair dye in the bathrooms and/or Art storage. Can be used to dye your character's hair (if applicable) on use to that colour and can also be used to dye items of clothing too.
It would make disguising somewhat easier if you could change your hair to match the person you're disguised as. But, it comes with the downside of not having every shade of every colour so you could still be caught out by someone who knows who you're disguised well enough to notice that your hair is a bit off.

Maybe if you're caught under a shower without head covering, the dye washes out
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100454

Committing suicide with a Honker Blast in hand should be the following:

"(X) is putting his head into the Honker Blast! It appears he is trying to blow his eardrums out!", then HONK

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #100524

To go with the hair dye suggestions.

Make it a product of botany for that certified organic (tm) quality!
Also more uses for botany is always good - chemistry is rolling in enough shit as it is.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #100535

My headcannon is that blue hair is so damn popular due to commercial hair dye made from blue tomatoes
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #100606

Make one of the gangs have a uniform set that consists of animal masks.
Mime: Depresso
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #100666

Please add the ability to extinguish burning items.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #100680

Give the detective a "sec lite" in their office

Detective is the one expected to patrol maint, you expect them to do that the PDA flashlight?
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #100743

yes because noir and roleplay
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #100764

Fatal wrote:Give the detective a "sec lite" in their office

Detective is the one expected to patrol maint, you expect them to do that the PDA flashlight?
Metastation says hi.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #100772

Yeah meta station usually has all the good things, hopefully someone will add to box at some point
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #100819

I was just reading something on the Baystation forums (Don't shoot me) that sounded somewhat interesting to me. How about giving Traitor AIs the ability to load Laws into themselves? So they can pretend to be subverted and allows for more variety of tactics other than plasma flood. Obviously they'd have to be careful of how they word the Laws because it would look odd if they stated only "Urist McGoodGuy is Human" on the Asimov lawset when, generally speaking, that would be putting them in danger so I don't feel it would be overpowered.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #100820

Anonmare wrote:I was just reading something on the Baystation forums (Don't shoot me) that sounded somewhat interesting to me. How about giving Traitor AIs the ability to load Laws into themselves? So they can pretend to be subverted and allows for more variety of tactics other than plasma flood. Obviously they'd have to be careful of how they word the Laws because it would look odd if they stated only "Urist McGoodGuy is Human" on the Asimov lawset when, generally speaking, that would be putting them in danger so I don't feel it would be overpowered.
Giving malf AIs stuff like fake centcom announcements, fake event alarms

Not a minor suggestion, but a good one
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Post by MrMindless » #100927

Undercover Implant: causes the person implanted to show up as a gang member/rev to regular members. Bosses can see through it.
would allow an additional gameplay element when faced with those threats, if it were difficult or rare enough to not be completely overpowered
also everyone wants to play as the undercover cop right?
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #100968

Tanglefoot grenades. A foam grenade that leaves behind pain-in-the-ass spiderweb-style movement-slowing awfulness, possibly applying a weak (ie. resist out of in a matter of seconds) cablecuff/shackle effect to anyone caught in the actual foam.
Mostly useful for traitors to drop behind themselves while fleeing a scene, relatively easy to clean with space cleaner or a mop. Not so useful for murderbones since you'll be equally slowed trying to chase after anyone you catch in it.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #100982

An0n3 wrote:

yeah, but heat does more damage to flesh than it does to metal.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #101350

Barstools should be able to be used as an improvised weapon
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #101353

^^^^^^ This. Make them do 12 brute, have a small knockdown chance and have them break after 3-4 swings
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #101402

rdght91 wrote:Barstools should be able to be used as an improvised weapon
seriously
fund it
just copy baycode if you have to
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #101411

A researchable VultureBot that roams the station and scoops up corpses, then turns them to meat and brains and delivers to kitchen and robotics like a mulebot.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #101446

Soul Shard idea.

If it has a soul in it and use it on an unconscious, living person, the souls switch places. The shade you already had is implanted into that body, possessing it and having objectives making it loyal to the wielder( possibly even if they lose the shard). The Possessed's soul is then trapped in the shard instead and bound to the wielders will as well. Maybe let it only work once to prevent a possessed army. Maybe give the possessed body red eyes. Also perhaps make it only work on a body once. Otherwise it gibs, or ashes them.

An aside, maybe it could be used on Monkeymen too Though you don't get a soul back from those monkeysmen. A way to get people back in the round I guess.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #101465

Heads should start with their job title next to their names over comms at roundstart

Just you know, so you can avoid those awkward "Who are you again?" over command radio
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #101566

I think it would be great if 'X is the head of your department!' appeared in the roundstart text, just like 'Y is the Captain!'. Would immediately tell you who that guy is without having to check PDA messenger.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101678

What Cheimon said.

Next!
Banana cream pies, if they don't do so already, should paint your face white if you're hit with them.
They should also temporarily (just a handful of seconds) blind you. No stun, no knockdown, and they're one-use...
...unless you go that extra mile, replace the HONK's mousetrap mortar with a pie launcher.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Babin
Byond Username: Babin

Post by Babin » #101865

A random system error event which screws up a small handful of APCs, causing them to bluescreen and be locked as if a malf had hacked them. Messes with malf meta a little bit. Maybe it doesn't broadcast to the entire crew like an ion storm does -- it just generates a local message to anyone who's nearby the APC when it happens, so people who witness it will know that it's not malf but someone who arrives later won't be able to tell.

An emag effect for sleepers. It randomizes the buttons for each chemical. Pressing the button to inject salbutamol might instead inject morphine. The buttons stay consistent so that you can memorize them unless it's emagged again, which re-randomizes them. It might also mess with the interface so that you get incorrect information about the user's system. Maybe it will say that they have 5u salbutamol when they actually have 5u morphine. The only real tell here is whether their health actually responds to the chemicals, or if you take them out and analyze them elsewhere.
Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Post by Marflow » #101956

Additional virus icons
Currently the icon for being infected is always the same regardless of the virus. It would be nice if there were at least 3 versions of the icon to show clearly if the virus is going to melt your face off while you're honking in your own puddle of blood, mildly annoying cough or full on regenerative stimulant virus, something simple like red sadface, yellow neutral face and green/blue happy face. The icon would be determined by the most harmful symptom in the bunch, there'd be no point trying to make elaborate algorithm to determine if all 3 viruses are overall good/neutral/bad.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #102535

Give cultists a way to put a new ghost into a braindead construct, players going AFK after getting killed by a cult is way too common and if they stay in their body you'll more often than naught have at least one or two braindeads just standing there reminding you of the resources you wasted
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #102928

Marflow wrote:Additional virus icons
Currently the icon for being infected is always the same regardless of the virus. It would be nice if there were at least 3 versions of the icon to show clearly if the virus is going to melt your face off while you're honking in your own puddle of blood, mildly annoying cough or full on regenerative stimulant virus, something simple like red sadface, yellow neutral face and green/blue happy face. The icon would be determined by the most harmful symptom in the bunch, there'd be no point trying to make elaborate algorithm to determine if all 3 viruses are overall good/neutral/bad.
somebody tried this but it was denied i dont remember why
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted