Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by PKPenguin321 » #197631

Bottom post of the previous page:

Not canon
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #197635

I always imagined The Griffon as Rick and Morties Birdman.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197636

"You know what this owl eats."
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #197683

Give plasmamen an emergency tank of plasma instead of oxygen.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #197698

Shut up kust we're talking about super heroes

EDIT:
actually kust that's a wonderful idea.
Last edited by MrEousTranger on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #197699

Griffon would also be one of the choices for the Antag.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #197717

While not a minor suggestion the superhero thing has been in my head for a while. The rough idea was you start with a way to select from three main villains.
The Scientist: Has tech themed weapons and gear, such as shrink rays, killer robot mob spawner, death rays, grenades that disable gravity, stop time, or whatever, essentially he's very hard to kill at range, but his 'super suit' full of gadgets has no actual armour so he gets his face smashed in a melee as all he really would have is his fists and he's a scrawny little nerd.

The Beastmaster: Some weird fusion of Killer Croc, the Lizard and Beastmaster from He-man, he's a hulked up lizard that does hefty brute damage, can toss sharp things so hard they always impale, pry open powered airlocks and generally be a close combat nightmare, one horrible idea I had was that his basic grab start to automatically choke people because 'lel super strength', he can summon space carp, space bears, giant spiders, plant monsters, etc and can communicate telepathically with all lizards on the station.

The 'edgy': uses ballistics, has a grim reaper mask and trenchcoat, carries a spiked baseball bat, and his backpack can carry an unlimited number of guns, his 'super suit' lets him spawn in guns in hand ranging from shotguns, to stetchkins. Basically a shitty expy of the punisher.

Then we have the 'other side' as one person spawns as an antag another gets spawned as either the Owl or the Griffon. Both has the same standard abilities, their suits are like space ninja ones that come with inbuilt abilities, shurikans replaced by 'owl'erangs that do stamina damage and stun on hitting, their punches do stamina damage or tase you if they have their 'stun gloves' turned on, they can pop smoke like a spell, activating their 'cape' lets them fly around in zero gravity like a jetpack, they can 'examine' things which works like normal or like a forensic scanner depending on context and they can ventrcrawl.

The antags have an 'endgame' objective. The Scientist needs to make a brainwashing device that needs huge amounts of power (either something stupid like fifty blue space cells or a massive amount of wired power), the beastmaster needs to assemble a gas bomb that turns everyone into lizards, and the 'edgy' needs to make a nuke so he can purge the filth. They all go in different places, the beastman needs his in atmos, the scientist the solars or by the PA, and the edgy needs his in the bridge.

The Owl has to beat them up and then deliver them to a ferry to go to supermax.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #197721

Reece wrote:Snip
We should probobly make a full size post on this topic

We need the pussycat though
wears cat ears and tail.

Makes a super weapon that basically changes everyone
genders but she miscalculated the hormone amounts
so they all die right after from their super periods.
Oh yeah and it needs to be placed in maint
because 90% of all rapes happen in maint.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #198856

Sleeper agent pen: think of it as a delayed gangster conversion pen for traitors. It's delivered by a sort of wrist mounted injector which doesn't have a holding sprite but can be seen if you examine the person. Before you can use it though, you need to set a code phrase for it. At first nothing really noticable happens when someone's injected with it, not even an attack message. Once the person hears the code phrase however, the implant activates, enslaving the person to the traitor.

This isn't a free pass for them to instantly go on a killing spree or make a beeline to raid the armory or release the singulo however. They're more like silicons in that their objective is to follow their master's orders. Traitor says jump, you jump. Traitor says keep your murderboner in your pants then by God you better not start busting heads with a fire extinguisher.

The traitor can also install some objectives in the implant before injecting it which the implanted person will receive upon activation, so theoretically if you wanted you could program the implant with objectives to covertly break their master out of perma, let the person go about their business, and then scream out the code phrase when you're being captured. Or for shits and giggles inject your assassination target with the objective to release the singularity and feed themselves to it for when you need the shuttle called. Or be a complete dick to your target and order them to kill as many people as possible with nothing but their bare hands while reciting WGW and to kill themselves if they're captured.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #198913

Wrong thread.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #199240

Peacekeeper harm alarms should have a stun/confuse duration proportional to the air pressure of the environment it's used in, and not work in space.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kust

Post by kust » #199495

Be able to acces interface when holding an item in your hand. This would make it easier as atmos when you have the rpd in one hand and wrench in other. Is this possibel to do ?

Also be able to build grilles over hidden doors
Last edited by kust on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #199508

the superhero idea is a good one, but not MINOR.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #200126

Introduce Wiggles, the Chestburster (colored red, has a bow, cannot become a full Xeno)! If Lamarr is removed from his cage and allowed to 'violate' the RD's (or anyone's) face, Wiggles will replace Lamarr in the display case on the next round. If Wiggles dies in the round, Lamarr will return in the next.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #200201

Replace Head of Personnel's HUD icon with Image.

Since it's meant to represent an employee, a profile picture might be better than a stick figure.

someone make a PR for this, pls
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #200237

Sligneris wrote:Replace Head of Personnel's HUD icon with Image.

Since it's meant to represent an employee, a profile picture might be better than a stick figure.

Its just a cut-out of the sprites current face veerrry scaled down/greyshirt.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #200239

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Sligneris wrote:Replace Head of Personnel's HUD icon with Image.

Its just a cut-out of the sprites current face veerrry scaled down/greyshirt.
To be honest, I literally don't understand what you just said.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #200251

Your security profile picture, sized down into a mugshot or substitute it with some random greyshirt to give a personnel outline.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #200279

You mean using a greyshirt assistant as HoP icon? Why?
Stuffed Hyena
Byond Username: Stuffed Hyena

Post by Stuffed Hyena » #200293

Holographic staff.

Posibrain / MMI and a holographic pad, similar to the AI's (or maybe using the same one?)
Can't leave the sector they're assigned, basically a mini AI for the department, except they'd be able to physically interact with things/people to facilitate their job.

"Please state the nature of your medical emergency."
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #200297

Sligneris wrote:You mean using a greyshirt assistant as HoP icon? Why?
Generic personnel. Also the person the HOP is going to be seeing the most of in a ironic kind of way as there is no way to avoid it (thou art forever doomed to be dealt with thine shitters)

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #200300

That sounds kind of dumb. There's no way an actual character sprite belongs in a 8x8 job icon.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #200307

Why can't I pick up space rat mobs? I can pick up drones so the code seems sound, I just want to keep space rats in my pockets is that so wrong?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #200926

you know how bombs have a visible timer for ghosts? do something like that for megafauna with their HP
Spoiler:
Leonardogin
Byond Username: Leonardogin

Post by Leonardogin » #200934

I would really like weights,cause stile man like on the boxing area have some weights,and that you could craft them , like 5 metal for the frame and 10 for the weight
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #200941

When am I gonna get a var that silently turns people into pinatas so they spray candy out everywhere when they get dismembered or gibbed.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #200942

Saegrimr wrote:When am I gonna get a var that silently turns people into pinatas so they spray candy out everywhere when they get dismembered or gibbed.
How about that. Except instead of blood. They spray pepsi?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #200950

Alipheese wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:When am I gonna get a var that silently turns people into pinatas so they spray candy out everywhere when they get dismembered or gibbed.
How about that. Except instead of blood. They spray pepsi?
New original space ninja variant "soon"
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #200963

Make bolas fit on belt and some suit storages. Think it would be too big for pockets though.
Ability to add shards to bolas, to make them cause bleed upon hit/removal. Their range should be decreased for the weight? Or instead make it so you add less metal+shards, and the bola doesn't slow them down but Will cause bleeding in lieu.
A large quiver for the back slot, less storage than a backpack, but can fit large things. Good for hauling a trio of spears and a small item or something. Would be good for the harpoon gun, because then you can actually store the harpoons for fucking once for reloads.
Move Ninja OS code-stuff to an owl-variant, for a normal owl suit (so its indistinguishable maybe but robust), and for a maybe-not space worthy hardsuit, ala Batman v Superman power armor.
Edit: Make harpoons kill carp/monsters in one hit, maybe? But require gutting of the body to recover it, or an action to yank it out of the corpse.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #201100

Let PAI's function basically like an ipod, by making them able to play music for whoever is holding them.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #201320

You know what's disgusting?
Last time I checked the Chaplain has a crematorium, but no urns.
This must be remedied.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #201585

Please add E-N
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #201607

MrEousTranger wrote:Please add E-N
There needs to be an auto-borger alternate that instead shits out the person as this when processing someone. Oh, and shoot lasers from their eyes/visor obviously.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #203320

Make e-swords, double e-swords and e-daggers capable of unbolting a door, regardless of power level. Cutting a door's bolts also cuts the AI control wire.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #203461

Anonmare wrote:Make e-swords, double e-swords and e-daggers capable of unbolting a door, regardless of power level. Cutting a door's bolts also cuts the AI control wire.
make cutting a door's bolts render them unable to be bolted again until they're fixed with metal rods, but still allow AI to control everything else
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #203473

Screemonster wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Make e-swords, double e-swords and e-daggers capable of unbolting a door, regardless of power level. Cutting a door's bolts also cuts the AI control wire.
make cutting a door's bolts render them unable to be bolted again until they're fixed with metal rods, but still allow AI to control everything else
That in itself implies that bolts could be modified or removed, and may be part of the creation/destruction process.

Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #203480

Stuffed Hyena wrote:Holographic staff.

Posibrain / MMI and a holographic pad, similar to the AI's (or maybe using the same one?)
Can't leave the sector they're assigned, basically a mini AI for the department, except they'd be able to physically interact with things/people to facilitate their job.

"Please state the nature of your medical emergency."
Oh man that sounds cool...

You could have it so it pulls a ghost when triggered maybe? And that when its switched off it sends you back to deadland? Maybe based on PAI preferences?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #204054

Traitors can buy an implant that, when not moving, slowly bolts/electrifies doors around them. The moment they move, it fixes the affected doors. I don't know how much it'd cost or if it'd really be any good, but it does seem pretty hilarious.
kust

Post by kust » #204066

With the new tablet computers we need something similair to pokemon go. what could possibly go wrong on a space station ? catching animals ?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #204106

Add pokeballs to security.

Then we could capture grey shirts and have them fight for our amusement
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #204109

Malkevin wrote:Add pokeballs to security.

Then we could capture grey shirts and have them fight for our amusement
Why miners do not have these for mining mobs is a mystery. I would love to enslave greyshirts though, lol
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #204186

peoplearestrange wrote: You could have it so it pulls a ghost when triggered maybe? And that when its switched off it sends you back to deadland? Maybe based on PAI preferences?
Have both. The base staffs, non-upgraded means it has no memory and each time it is switched off, the entity 'dies' with no backup memory to create a continuous entity.
With this idea, pAIs could effectively be merged with tablets and hopefully other things such as this, which basically is an EMH.

Varying upgrades to the pad or tablet would enable it to turn itself on/off (whether or not you give it the memory to 'survive' and be the same thing afterward is the difference between having this be a sleep or suicide button), increased memory capacity that effects if its the same entity when turned back on next time, and with tablets as well as this pad concept, perhaps adding more hardware that enables more 'slots', letting you put more than one pAI/holo-entity into a single hub for conversational/work purposes.

-Said hub would let the pAIs converse as if in a private IRC or somesuch,
-Malicious software could be piggy-backed by assholes onto their pAI, either infecting or outright ruining the hub and its holographic workforce. Medbay holograms giving you nothing by injections of morphine in that sleeper? Time to break that pad open and see whats what!

Just to add to the whole EMH thing.

Edit: Forgot to mention that whenever 'on' in holographic mode, and interacting with its workplace or crew, its integrity goes down. A base, default unit could be say, five minutes of a holographic helper that will click off when its integrity reaches 0%, whereupon the pad recharges a new one that will take 10 minutes to reach 100% and thus allow you to summon up another EMH. Most likely, the default unit should be a soft-light construct, like the present AI holos from its pad but with the ability to speak, and interact with machinery in its view.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #204201

Jesus Christ why can't PAI's play music??????
Just give them the ability to do that for anyone within about one space or holding them
It's already something admins can do just give PAI's the ability to do it on a small scale obviously they would need to App.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #204269

To do that, you'd need to give them ability to upload stuff to the server (MIDIs, in this case, maybe OGGs), which generally is a bad idea. Everyone walking into the music radius of said pAI would freeze for a bit (depends on their connection) to download said music, which of course could be used to powergame (carry an esword, ebow and pAI, have it run music and run through the corridor). To play said files you'd need to upload them to the server, which, given that size limit is 1 mb, could be used to rapidly bloat it. That, plus the fact that having stuff locked beyond applications is both bad and not a good way of stopping shitters, makes it a pretty bad idea. Bad idea thread is THAT way
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #204270

Only thing I can think of is something like the instruments, maybe a pre-packaged MIDI or something. Shit I don't know fam
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #204292

ID consoles should have a record of IDs inserted into them hosted in telecomms (to stop people screwdrivering the console to clear it). Catch some greytider with all-access? Now you can find out who they got it from, and who else they gave it to.
Shadowizard
Byond Username: Shadowizard23

Post by Shadowizard » #204297

Make weedkiller work on potted plants.
Adam Twelve
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #204335

Jazaen wrote:To do that, you'd need to give them ability to upload stuff to the server (MIDIs, in this case, maybe OGGs), which generally is a bad idea. Everyone walking into the music radius of said pAI would freeze for a bit (depends on their connection) to download said music, which of course could be used to powergame (carry an esword, ebow and pAI, have it run music and run through the corridor). To play said files you'd need to upload them to the server, which, given that size limit is 1 mb, could be used to rapidly bloat it. That, plus the fact that having stuff locked beyond applications is both bad and not a good way of stopping shitters, makes it a pretty bad idea. Bad idea thread is THAT way
i assumed it would work like a guitar
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #204499

You should be able to turn off/on Any GPS. Any Roundstart GPS is automatically off by default [these do not include signals from space/lavaland].

When off, these do not show up on the GPS list. Great for keeping the GPS list clean and being able to 'go dark' even while carrying a GPS system.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #204580

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:You should be able to turn off/on Any GPS. Any Roundstart GPS is automatically off by default [these do not include signals from space/lavaland].

When off, these do not show up on the GPS list. Great for keeping the GPS list clean and being able to 'go dark' even while carrying a GPS system.
Alt click
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #204711

Suggestion: Make legless people able to hold items. Just make them unable to move when they do hold something.