Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
deathhoof

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by deathhoof » #40419

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nienhaus wrote:Can't you use a piece of glass?
Yes you can but a piece of glass would be a dumb thing to get from an uplink and breaking a window sometimes takes too much precious time.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #40420

what makes you think the multitool has a sharp edge
its functions include reading wattage and giving short electrical pulses
being called a multitool doesnt actually give it any relation to real life multitools, which are usually more like wire cutters or pliers with extra functions
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40423

miggles wrote:what makes you think the multitool has a sharp edge
its functions include reading wattage and giving short electrical pulses
being called a multitool doesnt actually give it any relation to real life multitools, which are usually more like wire cutters or pliers with extra functions
It has the ability to enter a wire and send a pulse through it, and if you fuck up you get electricuted. Yup seems to me it has a sharp edge.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #40425

deathhoof wrote:
Yes you can but a piece of glass would be a dumb thing to get from an uplink and breaking a window sometimes takes too much precious time.
You don't need anything special. Just use a shard.
Hey.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40426

Nienhaus wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
I'd like to see you just magically produce a shard when you have someone in stunlock and need to extract their brain so that you can put it in a borg so that you can then emag the borg and use it to complete your traitor objective.
>inb4 muh windows
pls. How metagame would it be to have the foresight to break a window to do surgery? Pretty metagamey. But getting a surgery toolbox on the other hand isnt half bad.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40430

deathhoof wrote:
Nienhaus wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
I'd like to see you just magically produce a shard when you have someone in stunlock and need to extract their brain so that you can put it in a borg so that you can then emag the borg and use it to complete your traitor objective.
>inb4 muh windows
pls. How metagame would it be to have the foresight to break a window to do surgery? Pretty metagamey. But getting a surgery toolbox on the other hand isnt half bad.
You can't seriously think that cutting skin with a shard is out of the question but doing the same with a multimeter or a toolbox makes prefect sense. Come the fuck on.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40431

cedarbridge wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
Nienhaus wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
>inb4 muh windows
You can't seriously think that cutting skin with a shard is out of the question but doing the same with a multimeter or a toolbox makes prefect sense. Come the fuck on.
Shards are perfectly fine, im just saying they dont belong in a toolbox or in the uplink menu at all.
miggles

Post by miggles » #40438

deathhoof wrote:
Nienhaus wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
>inb4 muh windows
so you would rather spend a TC on a fake multitool than break a single window because "metagaming"
you do know that there isnt any rule against that kind of metagaming, especially for antags
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40479

miggles wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
Nienhaus wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
>inb4 muh windows
so you would rather spend a TC on a fake multitool than break a single window because "metagaming"
you do know that there isnt any rule against that kind of metagaming, especially for antags
The multitool would still be entirely legit. Im saying that all multitools should be able to function as a scapel.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #40482

They don't look sharp on their sprite. If we had a sprite that made them look sharp, then maybe, but until then, no.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40486

What if there actually was a syndicate surgery kit but it had distinctly syndicate items so that people wouldnt just abuse it for the circular saw? Here are my suggestions:

Surgical marker: works just like drapes and can also be used to graffiti or write

Energy knife: 15 damage weapon that can be used as a scapel, as a surgical saw, and as a cautery

Syndicate wirecutter: has 100% success rate as a hemostat and retractor. Looks different from regular wirecutters on examination.

And an item that shouldnt come in the kit but should be added to uplink:

syndicate mmi: automatically antagonizes the brain put inside it
Rolan7
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 » #40499

Just to help explain, the multitool item is a direct reference to the ones in Deus Ex. I think the name refers to multiple frequencies. It's probably only electromagnetic signal and disruption, instead of a sonic-screwdriver like effect, since they only work on devices with wires (they can't be used to pick locks).

That said there's no reason they couldn't have some actual multitool capability, like working as a screwdriver/wrench/knife, but that'd be tricky and a big change.
The EMPEROR OF MANKIND wants YOU to squash bugs. They are symptoms of CHAOS.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #40596

paper can be used as a scalpel because it has a sharp edge.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #40609

Miauw wrote:paper can be used as a scalpel because it has a sharp edge.
deathhoof wrote:What if there actually was a syndicate surgery
Why not just use syndicate playing cards? They are 'reinforced' and people can take normal cards anyway and throw them fast enough into a wall or something
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #40647

deathhoof wrote:I have two suggestions:
1.) Add a syndicate blanket to the traitor uplink menu
2.) Allow multitools to function as scapels

This would allow for a complete syndicate surgery kit for just two points.
Or you could smash any window and go to dorms.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #40783

It's a humongous pain in the ass to try and cuff someone in a crowded area, people pushing past you while cuffing etc. Cuffs should show some sign that they're being applied and when their applying has been canceled. Maybe color them red in your handslot while they're being applied to someone? Or even easier, have a similar "Applying handcuffs" -text show up with "You stop applying handcuffs".

Also (not sure if this is the case anymore, but some time ago) if two officers were applying cuffs to one stunned person, this resulted to the first cuffs being applied on the person, and the second cuffs just drop on the person's feet. They should not drop at all, that's just silly.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #41180

Scapels should be possible to use as robust screwdrivers. They should be able to cause blind damage while still also causing more brute than screwdrivers.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #41181

do you have a scalpel fetish or something
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #41185

Miauw wrote:do you have a scalpel fetish or something
I just enjoy surgery.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #41289

Right now you can use glass shards and floor tiles as makeshift ninja stars for ranged weapons but what about other stuff? Throwing something hefty at someone should do more then give them a minor booboo. I was thinking maybe making it so that if you throw a fairly hefty object such as a toolbox at someone it would slow them down to a walking speed for a couple of seconds. In addition, there'd be a very small chance that it would stun them in place for a second or even knock whatever they're carrying out of their hand. There is a catch (aside from disarming yourself of course) however. People with shields, e swords, or cult blades will just sort of automatically knock the thrown object aside. The idea is that it'd be less of a combat strategy and more of a last ditch effort to slow down an smg totting nukeop, axe wielding clown, or pursuing officer if you just can't seem to shake them or are too injured to run away at full speed.
miggles

Post by miggles » #41308

throwing a toolbox at someones head should definitely be more robust, yeah
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #41361

miggles wrote:throwing a toolbox at someones head should definitely be more robust, yeah
I can't remember right off the bat if thrown objects hit body parts like projectile weapons but if so an interesting thing would be to make it have a different effect depending on which part of your body the thrown object hits.
Chest or limbs: your character staggers (slows down for several seconds).
Head: Your character stumbles (gets stuck in place for a few seconds but can still attack) and your vision flashes white for a second similar to getting flashed
Groin: Your character screams, drops whatever he's holding, and falls to the floor
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #41660

Let miners be capable of buying some sort of lunch box that keeps their donk pockets hot for longer.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
specyalic
Byond Username: Specyalic

Post by specyalic » #41721

add an eyepatch to medbay
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #41764

We need pitchforks and torches added in (maybe futuristic ones if they're too out of place) for you-know-what-occasions.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #41766

Upgrade silencer to mute non-mimes and upgrade bannana honk to give clumsiness to non-clowns
phil235
Byond Username: Phil235

Post by phil235 » #41790

kosmos wrote:We need pitchforks and torches added in (maybe futuristic ones if they're too out of place) for you-know-what-occasions.
Torches already exists, click a wood log with a dried wheat/ambrosia.
I'm a tgstation coding maintainer janitor
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #41814

phil235 wrote:
kosmos wrote:We need pitchforks and torches added in (maybe futuristic ones if they're too out of place) for you-know-what-occasions.
Torches already exists, click a wood log with a dried wheat/ambrosia.
Wow! I've never seen that. And I just realized stunprods are actually the SS13 equivalent pitchforks!
Ready for lynches.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #42476

Increase the range of the kinetic accelerator to 3-4 tiles. The short range, need to pump it after each shot, and honestly what feels like tickle damage just makes it feel sort of all around impractical compared to the resonator
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #42487

Jacough wrote:Increase the range of the kinetic accelerator to 3-4 tiles. The short range, need to pump it after each shot, and honestly what feels like tickle damage just makes it feel sort of all around impractical compared to the resonator
A recent merge made it fire up to 3 tiles, and duel-wielding them for combat makes most mining mobs become target practice. Its what I usually do when I go mine, and my only real issue is the goliaths in packs of 3+.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #43015

I can understand the recent borg mesons change, and now it's a huge hassle to try and mine anything with only three slots on a borg. If someone could add either a built in headlamp sort of thing for mining/engineering borgs that is toggled on/off like a headlamp that would be such a huge help. alternatively if it would be possible to add a cyborg upgrade that gives you four active modules that would be a fair trade off I think, even if you restrict it to mining borgs like the jetpack upgrade is right now.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #43218

Splashing yourself with space lube should make it harder for people to grab you. In addition hitting rest while running while space lubbed let's you pull off a sick ass high speed power slide.
> escape is a raging inferno
> emergency shuttle leaves in 10 seconds
> POWER SLIDE THROUGH THE INFERNO ONTO THE SHUTTLE LIKE A MOTHER FUCKING ROCK STAR
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #43245

Jacough wrote:Splashing yourself with space lube should make it harder for people to grab you. In addition hitting rest while running while space lubbed let's you pull off a sick ass high speed power slide.
> escape is a raging inferno
> emergency shuttle leaves in 10 seconds
> POWER SLIDE THROUGH THE INFERNO ONTO THE SHUTTLE LIKE A MOTHER FUCKING ROCK STAR
It's time.
Riley
Byond Username: Furienify

Post by Riley » #43449

Move the Medbay APC so the AI can see (and manipulate) it. It's currently crammed in a corner of maint next to medical storage and the patient rooms, completely out of sight.

When the AI hears speech via holopad, have the names of those speaking be click-able for tracking as if they'd spoken over radio. That way when the person you're talking to tells you to do something that requires you to disconnect from the holopad, you can zip right back to them in a timely manner. And you won't have to take your bookmark off anything important.

Warden should spawn with a pair of cuffs in his pack/pocket so he doesn't have to stumble into the locker room while everyone's suiting up to use the vending machine. (His locker only has zipties)
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #43456

Make syndicate playing cards work as a gun. What I mean by this is they are good throwing items but shit to actually throw. Currently one has to draw a card and throw it, which takes 3 clicks. If the deck worked as a gun then it would just have to be in the traitors hand and would only take on click to shoot. Aditionally, syndicate playing cards should work as scapels because everyone loves surgery.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #43467

I like the cards idea. It still would be a terrible item powergaming wise but you could still kill some unrobust scrublord with it.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #43873

Make a defibrillator with safety disabled able to deal huge amounts of burn damage when you hit someone with it (not instantly, of course). Currently it just stuns and does some stamina damage which I feel isn't enough - the electricity from actual defibrillators is enough to instantly stop a heart, and even if that doesn't happen they'd get seared.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #45464

Make it so Ian can learn to sniff out contraband and shit. Take a piece of syndicate gear or contraband (a beaker full of polyacid or chloral for example), use it on Ian with the help intent, and he'll catch the scent of it. From there he'll bark and growl at anyone nearby who's carrying that type of item. Kill a changeling while it's got its arm blade out and you can cut it off and give it to Ian, allowing him to sniff out changelings.

On that note, make it so you can cut off a changeling's arm and use it as a weapon.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #45471

Jacough wrote:Kill a changeling while it's got its arm blade out and you can cut it off and give it to Ian, allowing him to sniff out changelings.
it's a blade, it doesn't smell
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #45478

Well the blade is based off of Prototype, at least that's what I was told to base the icon sprite off of.
As you can see it looks organic besides for the shiny part that looks like metal.
Hey.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #45539

bandit wrote:
Jacough wrote:Kill a changeling while it's got its arm blade out and you can cut it off and give it to Ian, allowing him to sniff out changelings.
it's a blade, it doesn't smell
>Blades don't smell
>Someone who has never smelled iron
>Armblades are made out of molded flesh
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

VenombatA22

Post by VenombatA22 » #45606

A small idea right here:

Give brooms the ability to clean floors that are covered in dirt, while making a some blinding and coughy smoke in the process.

Also 20% of a chance of the process spreading even more dirt to the adjacent tiles!
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #45609

Let me climb on top of space pianos and dance
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #45633

arm blades are inspired on prototype but the onmob was made by WJ for his mutation pack.
the inhand is Nien's, though.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #45634

Give us space headphones to plug into our PDAs for a more immersive midi listening experience.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #45920

Why not add a small beaker and an eyedropper to the standard borg? That way it will actually be able to a little bit of every borg type except minerborg
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #45975

The Ian-sniffing-armblade idea belongs in the shitty ideas thread, btw.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Limit Field of View

Post by Steelpoint » #46185

Wyzack wrote:Here is my small idea

>Remove Laser Gun from armory
>Replace with Laser Rifle or something
>More bulky than E-gun, does slightly more damage than E-gun on lethal
>Has miss chance (30% maybe?) when one handed, calculated for each mob the bolt passes until it hits something
>Can remove miss chance by wielding in two hands, like a fireaxe or spear

Good idea? Shit idea? I just wanna be able to operate operations operationally. Damage increase would have to be relatively small to prevent balance issues.
All things considerd that's not a bad idea.

People tend to see Energy/Laser guns as a one-handed weapon. Whereas representing a proper two handed weapon like this might be amusing.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #46188

Accidentally posted this in a different thread

Here is my small idea

>Remove Laser Gun from armory
>Replace with Laser Rifle or something
>More bulky than E-gun, does slightly more damage than E-gun on lethal
>Has miss chance (30% maybe?) when one handed, calculated for each mob the bolt passes until it hits something
>Can remove miss chance by wielding in two hands, like a fireaxe or spear

Good idea? Shit idea? I just wanna be able to operate operations operationally. Damage increase would have to be relatively small to prevent balance issues.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #46381

A way to repair windows without disassembling them. So like when you see the cracks on a full-tile window you can go fix it and it'll look nice and uncracked.
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Post by Random Players » #46390

You can. Lit Welder on help intent.