Ideas about Circuits

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Romul1324
Byond Username: Romul132

Ideas about Circuits

Post by Romul1324 » #628510

Hello everyone.
as far as i have played with circuits, i think they are lacking a bit of a conveniency.

i made a short list of things that could be added/changed to make circuits more convenient/pleasing to work with

--Multiple input components
now listen i mean the fact that each shell has its own distinctive input type is cool and all, but what about making those into separate components ? heres what i thought about

. a button - simple signal input
. a switch - simple 1/0 num input(latch)
. a text bar - simple string input
. a color bar - a color picker that then puts out separate RGB values
. scanner module - when you scan something with it it returns the corresponding entity with a signal fired

--Reagents
ive thought about incorporating reagent manipulation into circuits with a new reagent variable, would be cool ngl

. beaker holder - would have 1 input and 1 output for reagents variable, youd be able to put in and out beakers into the shell after assembly
. reagent pump - would have 3 inputs and 2 outputs, i:signal for activation, reagent storage to pump out of, and pumped amount. o: pumped reagents, signal continue
. reagent spray - would have 3 inputs and 1 output, i:signal for activation, reagent storage to pump out of, and pumped amount. o: signal continue
. reagent storage - same as beaker holder but internal and non accessible

--Outputs
we need to know what were doing right ?

. Screens - would 1 input of any type, and upon examination of the assembly would print out whats on the screen, would have 2 inputs and one output i: variable, signal to push value. o: signal continue

Thats all i thought about for now, but if anyone has any other good ideas ill add them to the list, hopefully the devs will notice this haha :honk: