True Makeshift Weapons.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

True Makeshift Weapons.

Post by Highway Routine » #628897

Ok, So you know in far cry 6 there are those cool makeshift weapons?

So how about we make our own?

Hand-Made CrossBow: Like a crossbow but has a slow reload and deals 15 damage. Recipe: 2 wood, 10 cables. Ammo Recipe: 1 steel rod and one glass shard. Required tools: screwdriver, wirecutters

Gravity Gun: a Technicality of "Homemade", Yes it's from Half-Life but it's unique by levitating objects near it and throwing them at the target: Recipe: 1 gravity core, 25 steel, 25 cables, and 3 steel rods. required tools: screwdriver, wrench, wire cutters.

Water Gun: Filling with water is fucking useless: recipe: 1 bottle of water, 25 plastic sheets.

Card Slinger: DECK OF CARDS!, Deals 15 damage: recipe: 35 steel, 15 cables. required tools: wire cutters, screwdriver, wrench

Glass bottle launcher: throws 3-5 glass bottles at the target: recipe: 40 steel, 25 cables, 15 iron rods. Required tools: wrench, wire cutters, screwdriver
Last edited by Highway Routine on Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Re: True Makeshift Weapons.

Post by serxule » #628903

dont forget what tools would be needed to make these, since most of them dont sound like you can just make it with bare hands
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Post by Highway Routine » #628904

serxule wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:36 am dont forget what tools would be needed to make these, since most of them dont sound like you can just make it with bare hands
Forgot about tools. shit
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #631353

What I would love is for Cafeteria to have food trays. Held normally by default and can have food on them. When an empty food tray is used while in your hand, it becomes vertical like a Riot Shield, and would have a lower rate of deflection defense then the real thing, but a real combat benefit.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #631360

Helios wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:43 am What I would love is for Cafeteria to have food trays. Held normally by default and can have food on them. When an empty food tray is used while in your hand, it becomes vertical like a Riot Shield, and would have a lower rate of deflection defense then the real thing, but a real combat benefit.
I'd also make them break upon a couple hits
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #631397

Helios wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:43 am What I would love is for Cafeteria to have food trays. Held normally by default and can have food on them. When an empty food tray is used while in your hand, it becomes vertical like a Riot Shield, and would have a lower rate of deflection defense then the real thing, but a real combat benefit.
The trays do exist, and when you bonk people with them they fling the stuff they had all over, but the Shield Stance would in fact also be badass
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #631670

Wielding shields as an active ability would be a great addition to the inbound armor rework.

As for the trays already, yah, there's serving trays (kitchen) & cafeteria trays (perma).

Also I regret not adding it alongside the water bottles, but an improvised silencer made from a water bottle and duct tape would be fun. Breaks after some use. Would make me feel like I'm playing DayZ and improvise-adapt-overcoming.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #633977

A great unlockable recipe would be Glass-shard caltrops.
It would be an OP interaction for the base game, but as a reward unlocked gateway/lavaland/antag status it would be fine.
Basically it would allow the person to combine 2 broken glass shards, available from any broken window, into a spike trap that pierces through shoes and embeds in the feet of passers-by.
That, and a way to combine rods and glass shards into spears with scraps of fabric from a uniform.

Also, unrelated. But I dream of a day where assistants are shooting Roman Candles at each other and causing mischief. Multi colored mini ONI SAMA
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708757

hand made crossbow, does 15 damage, make it a heavy crossbow, give it 60 damage and a quick action you have to do, winding it up. So it's fire, load, wind(a quick action where you fill up a meter standing still), fire