ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by PKPenguin321 » #84079

Bottom post of the previous page:

new traitor item: the glue virus, for 1 TC
once purchased, the glue virus appears in your hands, forcing anything else in your hands onto the floor
the glue virus is a ball of sentient glue, and once it sticks to something it can never never never be removed
anyone/thing you touch with the glue virus will start being pulled around by you, and a glue virus appears in their hands
with the glue virus, you can pull more than one person/item, meaning you can stick as many things as you want
if attacked with any kind of weapon, the attacker will be forced to drop the weapon and be stuck to you, as well
physical projectiles like bullets get caught in the thick glue film and cannot hurt you

watch as giant trains of people infected with the glue virus follow behind you
laugh in crazed hilarity as you force your train of 50 people out an external airlock, sacrificing yourself along with the rest of the crew
watch as centcomm desperately tries to send an ERT as they vainly try to shoot past your wall of 50 gluey items and crewmembers
cry in hilarity as the ERT and the station's AI and borgs get stuck on the train as well
play the hit classic game "Snake" with living humans being both the snake and the pellets

the possibilities are endless
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84081

Erase cloning records, build an autocloner with only you on it, murderbone the station, respawn.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #84116

Add cat-people! Cosmetic, just like lizard-people. They slash like lizards, and speak with purrs and hisses! Screeches when yelling. Their 'r's are extended as 's' is for lizards. They also have the animated tail that nekomimi (cat ears item) give. Bonus points if you have a middle ground where you appear to have the nekomimi worn permanently instead of the full furry cat-person sprite.

I am certain it would create an uproar (pun intended) even greater than when lizards were allowed as round-start choices.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84121

You haven't been around for April 1st, have you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #84128

i'd rather have corgimen than tiggers tbh
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84138

But 'tiggers' sounds funnier.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #84160

Tigger please
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #84191

Gun Hog wrote: a middle ground where you appear to have the nekomimi worn permanently instead of the full furry cat-person sprite.
Kawaii.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #84242

remove disarm's RNG and make it do flat stamina damage
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #84276

Set of random derelict ships gets added. When random derelict ship event triggers, one of them jumps to station z-level. It is filled with mysteries( overpowered loot for ruining round) and face huggers( for even more round ruining)
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #84277

If you're wearing all the swag in the Guns bundle (clown mask, nitrile gloves, an executive suit) and crit someone with a headshot, their headwear should fly off in a random direction.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #84579

I'm not sure if this idea is good or bad so I'll post it here instead:

Secret recipes for the really good chemicals. Obviously since the code is open source, the recipes would be set by the server owner in a config. You could write some kind of program to randomize them every week or so too so people would experiment with chemistry instead of just using the super easy cheatsheets.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #84601

Tokiko2 wrote:I'm not sure if this idea is good or bad so I'll post it here instead:

Secret recipes for the really good chemicals. Obviously since the code is open source, the recipes would be set by the server owner in a config. You could write some kind of program to randomize them every week or so too so people would experiment with chemistry instead of just using the super easy cheatsheets.
This is the right place for that.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #84628

Let borgs do *flip, but make it so theres a chance they'll get stuck on their back and be forced to squirm around or get helped back up on their tiny robo-legs.

The visual image of a borg rocking back and forth like a turtle on its shell is more than enough for this to be a feature.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84648

Well, don't some borgs have manoeuvering jets, anyway?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #84662

Only with an expensive high-research (thanks pap) upgrade.

Or being a syndie
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #84763

Sometimes meteor showers contain active syndicate bombs mixed in
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #84789

Still less destructive than the meteors.
Balut

Post by Balut » #84817

Remove roundstart lizards. On one of the Z-levels, put a small meteor which you can enter to make a covenant with THE EVERLASTING DRAGON. Upon making this covenant, if you put someone into crit, you gain a lizardhead and the accent, and if you crit a second person, you transform fully into a lizardman.

Also you can cut off THE EVERLASTING DRAGON's tail if you punch/hit it enough to get a kickass sword. THE EVERLASTING DRAGON does not give a fuck if you do this.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #84840

Balut wrote:Remove roundstart lizards. On one of the Z-levels, put a small meteor which you can enter to make a covenant with THE EVERLASTING DRAGON. Upon making this covenant, if you put someone into crit, you gain a lizardhead and the accent, and if you crit a second person, you transform fully into a lizardman.

Also you can cut off THE EVERLASTING DRAGON's tail if you punch/hit it enough to get a kickass sword. THE EVERLASTING DRAGON does not give a fuck if you do this.
Only if we also get bars of soap that can be used to hop on to the other server to either kill or help some random person.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84843

Balut wrote:Remove roundstart lizards. On one of the Z-levels, put a small meteor which you can enter to make a covenant with THE EVERLASTING DRAGON. Upon making this covenant, if you put someone into crit, you gain a lizardhead and the accent, and if you crit a second person, you transform fully into a lizardman.

Cue me checking the mapping files, stealing a space suit, and going over there. Every. Single. Round.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Balut

Post by Balut » #84907

Konork wrote:

Only if we also get bars of soap that can be used to hop on to the other server to either kill or help some random person.
Drop the soap, for your brothers in need of hope?

I'm not gonna lie, soapsigns sound hilariously great, especially because Syndie soap exists.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #85102

Make the emergency shuttle require a pilot to charge the FTL drive. There will a small time bonus if there is also someone manning the engines. You can slot a carded AI into the shuttle as a substitute if absolutely necessary. If there is not a pilot within 10 seconds of the shuttle docking, it will crash into Centcom, possibly injuring several crew aboard. Emagging the FTL drive to launch in 10 seconds causes the ship to blast radiation and fire into the fuselage to simulate an overload. Having a Syndicate pilot (Traitor, DA, :newcop: ) will have the shuttle dock at a Syndicate outpost. Required for Hijack objective.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #85228

Gun Hog wrote:Make the emergency shuttle require a pilot to charge the FTL drive. There will a small time bonus if there is also someone manning the engines. You can slot a carded AI into the shuttle as a substitute if absolutely necessary. If there is not a pilot within 10 seconds of the shuttle docking, it will crash into Centcom, possibly injuring several crew aboard. Emagging the FTL drive to launch in 10 seconds causes the ship to blast radiation and fire into the fuselage to simulate an overload. Having a Syndicate pilot (Traitor, DA, :newcop: ) will have the shuttle dock at a Syndicate outpost. Required for Hijack objective.
Aside from the crashing into centcomm part (le crash into centcomm to deny greentext) this idea's pretty cool
particularly the syndicate base part
Spoiler:
Balut

Post by Balut » #85281

Yo make it possible to smoke more than one cig at a time. Each one should be able to contain their own 15u of chemicals if they're dipped. The max is 12, or two packs, at which point you gibber GENTLEMEN over the radio constantly.

If you try to stick a 13th cig in their, your mouth opens so wide it snaps your jaw and also your spine somehow.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #85314

man that's a fucking really old meme i forgot about that one
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85347

kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Balut

Post by Balut » #85546

Also if you're gentlemenning you should get the ability to cast the smoke cloud spell I guess.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #85552

You should be able to implant the bike horn into your mouth to honk every time you speak, or even replace some words with HONK! ie a filter. The clown should spawn this way.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85571

With sufficiently high tech levels and materials, you should be able to implant a Honker Blast in your mouth.
Or other sufficiently wide opening.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #85579

DemonFiren wrote:With sufficiently high tech levels and materials, you should be able to implant a Honker Blast in your mouth.
Or other sufficiently wide opening.
traitor clown fart honker blast implants confirmed??

ninja edit: every time the clown tells a joke;
ie
"Do you know what's squeaky and a failure?" (question)
"Me!"(followed by punchline w/exclamation mark)
if someone *laugh/*smile/*giggle 's some kind of effect happens (my ideas are weak, I was only thinking of the downsides)
if someone *frown/*cry/ etc 's the clown slips in place and some kind of clown sound plays like this or
this, but redone into the bike horn sounds
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun May 03, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85581

I should probably get this on Goon.

That also means we'd have it on /tg/ eventually, since Goof would port it :^)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #85622

Gang is underpowered and boring. It feels like a neutered Rev. Let the gang bosses buy emags. CARGONIA STRONK!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #85686

All heads of staff get special gloves that they can tear apart ID's with for when they want to fire someone dramatically
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Balut

Post by Balut » #85720

If you can get a full stack of gold from cargo, you should be able to process it into a sickass gold chair. If you buckle a corpse to it, it makes that corpse's ghost (if it has one) into effectively an AI.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #85744

Balut wrote:If you can get a full stack of gold from cargo, you should be able to process it into a sickass gold chair. If you buckle a corpse to it, it makes that corpse's ghost (if it has one) into effectively an AI.
But only if you feed them telekinesis SEs every half-hour. Something has to power the Golden Throne, after all.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #85749

TheNightingale wrote:
Balut wrote:If you can get a full stack of gold from cargo, you should be able to process it into a sickass gold chair. If you buckle a corpse to it, it makes that corpse's ghost (if it has one) into effectively an AI.
But only if you feed them telekinesis SEs every half-hour. Something has to power the Golden Throne, after all.
There's like, a skeleton reliquae/ark of the covenant sprite I've seen before, does anyone know where it is?

Sort of reminded me
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86231

Now, this gonna get big.

I'm currently watching Dead Like Me (surprisingly good for something that was cancelled after season 2, but I'm only almost through S1, so not sure if it gets crappy) and was wondering: What if a game-mode could be based around the concept?

The concept being:
One player - or a group of players - gets the role of Grim Reaper. That player, or the head of the group, gets a list of people who need to die (one person per player per shift), a place where they need to die (preferrably plausible) and a time when they need to die.
They get to touch people shortly before their death to pull out the soul (or shortly after, but in the series this is considered bad form as the soul is stuck in the dead body in the meanwhile.) Oh, and they're undead and regenerate health crazy fast.
The other player, or group of players, get to be Gravelings. They also know who gets to die, where, and when.
Gravelings are little black-smokey monkey-reptile things that make accidents happen. Harmless if they're off-duty, fatal if not. Also, normal people cannot normally see them.

Now, translation into mechanics, rules and shit.
Grim Reapers: You can tag any living being for the Gravelings, for a short while - this shows itself as hug or help-intent shake. When a tagged person dies in the time and place specified, their soul leaves their body for good. No cloning, no MMI-ing, no nada. In the series, the Reaper then has to escort that soul to their destination (shiny lights, visions of whatever that soul desires most, and the Reaper can't go there), but for gameplay purposes, that part can be skipped.
You can also pull the soul out of a body. If that body is dead and time/location of death was as specified, that person gets ghosted with no return. If dead, but not as specified, nothing happens. If alive...you pull their soul out of the body, but the body still lives. Go put it back in, for fuck's sake! (This ought to happen automatically.) Oh, and you just outed yourself as Reaper by doing that. Enjoy the valids...and reconstituting after getting gibbed, cremated, and singulo'd. Reapers are not permitted to actively involve themselves in the deaths of their targets except when dealing with their souls.
Gravelings: You're invisible, except in the far-out corner of a person's vision (last tile or two.) You get to set up accidents for people to suffer and have general license to fuck around harmlessly otherwise. You can ventcrawl and have all-access, also thermal and night-vision. You also know where your target is at any given time. You are, however, not indestructible. Someone finds you and blasts you, you're gonna end up as smoke and ashes. Finally, if a Reaper fucks up - gets themselves outed or, worse, warns someone, you get to fuck them up, too. They're regenerating, fast, so you can get nasty. Just don't harm anyone else while you're at it.

Greentext is gotten for working on the list and getting everyone on it to die in the right place and timely manner (with a reasonably large time-frame, and possibly generous location-wise as well?) The right manner does not matter, you don't know how your target will die, only that you're working with External Influences and it will therefore be a murder, suicide, or accident.
Oh. Sorry. That's how Gravelings get greentext. Reapers get greentext for pulling out the souls. Preferrably before that guy dies, so there's no cloning chance.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheoreticalPistachio
Byond Username: TheoreticalPistachio

Post by TheoreticalPistachio » #86264

Surgically implanting the bike horn or the rubber duck should cause you to HONK when attacked.
Balut

Post by Balut » #86293

I am incredibly okay with honk implants, both honker blast and pedestrian horn varieties.

Plasma is supposed to be a super badass fuel, right? So where's all the things it's fueling?

Superfuckoff fast space segway, a special Zak-- Imean Ripley variant that goes way faster and is red, flaming plasmanozzle jetpacks...

Also this I guess.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #86322

You can use harm intent on photocopiers.

TheoreticalPistachio
Byond Username: TheoreticalPistachio

Post by TheoreticalPistachio » #86461

Add saké to the bar. For my waifu to drink.

(Possibly made with some sort of recipe involving Universal Enzyme and rice? We have rice, it would be a shame not to use it.)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86936

We need a new mob, a cross between insect and pig, that is completely tame and fluffy and spawns every time a weapon is spaced or cremated.

I'd call them bug-hogs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #86938

ss13
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #87037

this fucking guy
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #87226

Bayonets! Attach a small, sharp melee item (such as kitchen knife or switchblade) to a gun for EXTRA STABBY! Melee attacks with guns will have the sound and force of the melee weapon attached!
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #87230

Gun Hog wrote:Bayonets! Attach a small, sharp melee item (such as kitchen knife or switchblade) to a gun for EXTRA STABBY! Melee attacks with guns will have the sound and force of the melee weapon attached!
Literally the wrong thread.
The idea is fairly sound, the code for it would be sound.
Even if it's Newcops only it'd be cool.
私は完璧
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #87282

Greytide simulation for holodeck - spawns lots of angry assistants with toolboxes and makeshift weapons
Replace firing range in security with combat simulation holodeck with function of imitating different dangers of space : waves of pirates/ evil communists/ syndicate commandos/fucking ninjas/ undead romans/deathsquad/ aliens/ spiders/ greytide/ gang/ cultists with constructs/ revolution.
May be add equipment spawn function there too for testing up guns and different gear. If emagged it starts unleashing wave after wave of random evil mobs to the brig.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #87418

^
Not auctally a bad idea
The future is horrible!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #88040

qwert wrote:Greytide simulation for holodeck - spawns lots of angry assistants with toolboxes and makeshift weapons
Replace firing range in security with combat simulation holodeck with function of imitating different dangers of space : waves of pirates/ evil communists/ syndicate commandos/fucking ninjas/ undead romans/deathsquad/ aliens/ spiders/ greytide/ gang/ cultists with constructs/ revolution.
May be add equipment spawn function there too for testing up guns and different gear.
STOP PUTTING ACTUALLY GOOD IDEAS IN THE BAD IDEAS THREAD

except for this part, this part's stupid so it's technically the only "good" part since this is the bad ideas thread
qwert wrote: If emagged it starts unleashing wave after wave of random evil mobs to the brig.
Spoiler:
Celdur
Byond Username: Celdurr

Post by Celdur » #88109

A new gamemode where space jews come and demand a tribute worth loads of money.
A random number of crew members become something akin to the wizard round "surviver" antag where they have to get the most valuable stuff on the station.
They will get a special device that beams any item up to the greedy aliens (that don't really have to exist ingame) and everything has a price.
First people will go after blueprints, hyposprays, the fukken disk, the AI and whatever else is most valuable, but once that runs out they will go for machine circuits and equipment and might even start deconstructing the walls to beam up metal for scraps.
Of course whoever is left not consumed by greed have to try and stop the others from tearing the station apart.
Whoever got the most money at the end wins, and if the station kills/incarcerates the antags the station wins instead.