Air Alarm Console

A place to record your ideas for the game.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Air Alarm Console

Post by EmpressMaia » #646414

i think it would be nice if atmos techs got the air alarm controller from paradise/baystation, i dont know how code intensive or hard to implement this is and id like some ideas on how to balance it to TG specifically
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: Air Alarm Console

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #646435

Can you describe what it is and what it does, exactly, for those of us who don't play paradise/baystation, please?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #646437

Is this the one where you can program it? If so then we don't want this and instead would rather that effort be put into letting circuits be more expressive
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #646438

This would be great for the impossible job atmos techs have of trying to refill the station.
Is this the one where you can program it? If so then we don't want this and instead would rather that effort be put into letting circuits be more expressive
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nobody’s going to be making air alarm circuits when almost nobody uses integrated circuits or fixes air to begin with
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #646443

Mothblocks wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:54 am Is this the one where you can program it? If so then we don't want this and instead would rather that effort be put into letting circuits be more expressive
Big on this part, that was something that got a lot of abuse in those environments where the atmos controller could be used with a macro or programming to vent the station in only a few seconds. I remember it without really any fondness. Otherwise, I loved atmos controllers. I didn't look too much into it but I'm pretty sure both of the mentioned servers nerfed the atmos controller from being too powerful.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradis ... os_control

https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystat ... os_control
Hugs
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #646451

The atmospheric control Console (ACC) would be a console in atmos next to the monitoring computers. It would allow an atmos tech to open any alarm alarm on station and interact with it
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #646489

I am very hesitant for remote atmos to be anything outside of ai commands.
It's too powerful for floods or mass air removal, and I like, want atmos techs actually leaving atmos
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #646496

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:31 am Can you describe what it is and what it does, exactly, for those of us who don't play paradise/baystation, please?
On bay/polaris code servers, the atmospheric control computer allows you to remotely interface with any air alarm that is set to allow remote control. It displays them all in a big list, highlighting any that have atmos alerts active.
Remote control can be toggled locally on the air alarm without any access requirement, and can be set to "off", "auto", or "on".
The default setting is "auto", which allows remote access only if there is a currently active atmos alert in the area, so most areas cannot be accessed at roundstart until something happens and if you want to counterplay any atmos bullshittery then whoever's in the room can just turn remote access off.
As a result, it's not actually all that great as a traitoring tool (as you don't have access until after you've fucked up the air anyway) but it's a neat little QoL tool for clearing up localised problems like some asshole opened a canister in a room or something.