Changes to Suit Sensors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Changes to Suit Sensors

Post by Poorman » #77741

A common practice for the Chief Medical Officer at the beginning of the round is to ask for suit sensors to be enabled first thing. For something so seemingly important, you'd think that there would be a bit more interesting mechanics to something, but suit sensors as they are now are simple, and when used against a person who has any idea on how to properly antag, the first thing they'll do is remove their suit, rendering them entirely worthless to the people in need of them the most. I've got some ideas on how to change them, and though they are no way set in stone, they're just suggestions to make them a bit more important to take into consideration.

Firstly, I suggest some sort of reward for someone who actually flips them to max. If someone is forcefully stripped, a bright ERROR message on the crew monitor appears, along with the last known location of the suit before it was ripped off. This gives security and medical potential leads on where they might find a murdered person, but doesn't give away their location outright. In addition to this change, I propose an extra utility to the emag is added, one that allows traitors to mess with suit sensors. Perhaps giving them the ability to disable them outright, leaving no trace of them on the crew monitoring computer. Additionally, a potential traitor could delete them manually off the crew monitor computer through other means.

A simple change would reward people for maxing sensors, but also punish those who would potentially crutch on them for antag hunting. Whether or not my suggestion is perfect, I still think a change in this vein would be a good addition to the code.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Changes to Suit Sensors

Post by EndgamerAzari » #77969

I really like this idea. It just makes sense--if the sensors are really tied to the suit, it makes sense that they'd malfunction if the suit is forcefully removed, and they wouldn't stop broadcasting just because it's removed. I also really like the idea of it adding to detective work.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #77970

How would this interact with people who change suits?

Let's say I put my suit sensors to maximum, then I take my suit off, put it in a locker, take a different suit out, and put the new suit's sensors on as well. Will there be lots of Unknowns on the consoles?
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #78253

now this, folks, is how to develop an idea
well done on thinking about every single party that could be involved, poorman. that's something that not a lot of coders and idea guys do, and thanks to that, this is a BRILLIANT idea.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Post by Poorman » #78415

TheNightingale wrote:How would this interact with people who change suits?

Let's say I put my suit sensors to maximum, then I take my suit off, put it in a locker, take a different suit out, and put the new suit's sensors on as well. Will there be lots of Unknowns on the consoles?
Maybe something along the lines of if you set the sensors on that suit, you reset the sensors.

It doesn't dick over changelings. Maybe the emag can function in a sort of way that allows the traitor to take on their suit sensors, donning a voice changer and staying in a hardsuit for the entire shift, just to keep cover.