Station Pet Quirks/Habits

A place to record your ideas for the game.
RandomlyEvil
Byond Username: RandomlyEvil

Station Pet Quirks/Habits

Post by RandomlyEvil » #651153

While coding is far beyond me, I keep thinking there could be more amusing quirks/habits (/whatever you want to call them?) to station pets that make them more than just kill objectives. Mostly just amusement factor, but making them more interesting than just "can pet" may make players less apt to just sell them out (or standby idly) while tots kill their beloved department pet for objs. Admittedly we have a few already (Ian plays fetch, Poly is, well, Poly) but some ideas thus far are below. Also curious to hear what ideas others may come up with.

Runtime - Destroys the room they're in the longer they're in there alone. ie. Knocks everything off tables, shreds paper, tips over plants, etc. (Because cat)
Lia- Leaves trail of water after them (perhaps slips someone, similar to a snail?)
Renault - Burrows 'under' the flooring occasionally (?), scratch at furniture-damaging it over time
Paperwork/Citrus - Plays dead occasionally (believe this exists for Ian currently for "play dead" but thinking less triggered by a player and more appearing to just die randomly before popping back up). While I'm unsure what kind of nightmare it'd be to code or if it's possible, I'd also love to see this one randomly 'latch on' to a player's leg and promptly fall asleep.
McGriff - Similar enough to Ian at the moment, I believe, but additionally reacting to prisoners/anyone wanted (growl/bark/etc appearing hostile)

There are more, I know, but failing to remember names or ideas for those at the moment. (HoS' spider could web the office overtime?).
Just some thoughts
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Re: Station Pet Quirks/Habits

Post by scamoppi » #651376

Having runtime get into chemistry and knock all of the beakers of the tables would be fun to see. Maybe the janitor lizards could climb up people same as Paperwork. Not sure what else small lizards do aside from that and chilling in the sun. Maybe they could stick to walls but that might be a pain codewise.
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)