Bring back medibot chemicals

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Bring back medibot chemicals

Post by Capsandi » #651813

Prior to https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/45953, medibots used chemicals to heal (apparently they also had some sort of virus curing function, but I never saw it used). They also had a slot for beakers so that anyone with MD/robotics access (or an emag) could override the basic brute/burn healing chem with more helpful medicines or any sort of toxin. This change was made midway through cobby's medical overhaul to nerf medibots from being "reliable free healing", except that's what they became and still are. Now medibots heal brute from near crit until your almost perfectly fine, and thats just the basic bots. They are never a risk unless someone buys an emag, and even then they do brute damage while injecting chloral, so it gets smashed by everyone but AFKs
Medibots were the most reliable way to poison indiscriminately. Every other method can be ran away from (smoke, foam), requires a reagent gun and being chased by a very angry spaceman (just use a gun), or praying that the station runs out of donuts, so they eat the chef's poisoned food. If there was an issue with the synth chems they can be nerfed alone but medibots now are just free healing with 0 risk.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Bring back medibot chemicals

Post by CPTANT » #652004

Yeah that PR basically did the reverse of what it claimed to do.....

I really miss the abillity to poison this way, both as traitor and also as rogue ai.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.