Even more feature requests

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ThisIsOurLifeNow
Byond Username: DownSyndronater

Even more feature requests

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #652252

Sorry I couldn't find a better title for this cause it involves a lot of unrelated things put together in one post. Anyway here are my ideas

Design disk upgrade for rapid part exchange device: with this upgrade RPED's could be enabled to pick up materials such as metal/glass sheets , cable coil , beakers etc. This could make it even more rapid in installing/uninstalling devices such as thermo machines[requires 1 glass sheet + cable coil plus other parts] autolathes[requires 2 beakers] and other machines which require both materials and components

We could create an another design disk upgrade to even allow it pick up and install circuit boards itself. To avoid conflict when deciding which circuit board to install in the machine frame we could use the first picked up first install principle if the device picks up multiple circuit boards and then later allow the user to change the order of those boards

Also add the ability to transfer whatever is inside it to an protolathe[which could recycle those parts for material],backpack etc upon alt+left clicking with it on the thing. This would allow it to quickly transfer its contents to an different storage medium without first dropping the items in it on the floor and then picking and transferring them by hand

Allow rapid construction devices to once again construct reinforced walls and even reinforced floors: This feature is actually mentioned in the old wiki page[reinforced walls that is] so I don't know why it was removed later on. Create an design disk upgrade for it if you wish or allow only mech bots to do it whatever you may decide please bring this feature back cause its really annoying doing it by hand

Item picking device: Picking items by pointing and clicking can get annoying especially when picking iron rods in space cause their color blends with space and they are very thin making it difficult to see and click.

Just as the mining satchel picks up Ore on the ground when the user walks over it this device could also pick up any item when the user walks over it or makes contact with it. Then whatever is picked up gets transferred to an holding cell which could be linked with the machine. This cell could be anything from ur backpack to satchels to inert bag of holding etc. Whatever thing can hold stuff basically

Think of it like a vacume cleaner which could be used to quickly clean away debries or pick up stuff
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Re: Even more feature requests

Post by scamoppi » #652305

ThisIsOurLifeNow wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:02 pm Think of it like a vacume cleaner which could be used to quickly clean away debries or pick up stuff
There's an upgrade you can put on the janicart that lets it vacuum up items and put it in a trash bag. I'm not sure it would work in space though and I think it may require some research before you can make one. You could also use a pushbroom to pile up all the rods and a trash bag to pick the whole pile up at once. But again I'm not sure if that works in space either. A handheld vacuum cleaner could be handy though, since there's usually only one janicart. Maybe it could even scare away pets when it's on.
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)