Revamp the Circuits

A place to record your ideas for the game.
BreadIsGoodYEAHboah
Byond Username: BreadIsGoodLOLBR

Revamp the Circuits

Post by BreadIsGoodYEAHboah » #655806

Being honest with you, it's been years since I saw an update about something like the circuits, the amount of potential this can have is huge, but even so I've never seen anyone talk about it, and for those who don't know what I'm talking about, circuits is a mostly forgotten feature that has great potential, to learn how to use circuits it takes weeks or more, you can do everything from automatic doors, robots, traps and much more.
But now I'm going to talk about what they should change, to be honest, one of the first things I ever saw about circuits, is that they are in the research department instead of the engineering department, like, everybody knows that the research department is involved in a lot of scientific and technological things, but at the same time, the engineering department is responsible for maintenance and projects inside the station, so like, because the circuits are not in the engineering department, it makes no sense (Even if SS13 makes no sense at all), but its just my opinion, another thing that I experience making circuits is that it is very difficult to identify which part does what, the description of all the circuits are the same, I have the web open on the side of the screen to know exactly what is doing there.
I also got a idea to add to circuits, a monitor shell, its a monitor where you can add buttons and commands, even passwords and shit, like a computer, also, add more circuits command with other machinery, like the telecomms hub, just imagine being able to disable and enable the comms just with a press of button, i think that would be pretty cool, and if you are some kind of god of circuits, security needs a way to locate the fuckers that are using a circuit bluespace launchpad to teleport the entire arsenal to space, while at the bar using a controller and a camera bug.
Last edited by BreadIsGoodYEAHboah on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Re: Revamp the Circuits

Post by TheSmallBlue » #655812

CIrcuits aren't hard to learn at all. If you've got basic programming concepts (which are really easy to learn) circuits are a breeze.
I don't like the idea of removing the circuits department from science. Science has very few departments as is, we dont need to remove more from it. However, I do think it'd be a cool idea to put a circuit imprinter somewhere in engineering, or maybe make the engineering lathe print out circuit-related components.
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
BreadIsGoodYEAHboah
Byond Username: BreadIsGoodLOLBR

Re: Revamp the Circuits

Post by BreadIsGoodYEAHboah » #655814

I am saying that is difficult to learn, because english is not my principal language, its more easier to me learn from videos, also most of the circuits guides in videos are outdated.