Spiders and Traitors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
LunaticLizzie
Byond Username: Lunatic Lizzie

Spiders and Traitors

Post by LunaticLizzie » #655952

Literally why are spiders mechanically able to attack traitors?
Can anybody explain that to me?
Can anybody explain to me what purpose it serves to let the sentient murderbone mob, conjured up by the traitor, a role expressly forbade from mindlessly boning, outright ruin an antagonist's shift?
Are 90% of the rules not in place to prevent specifically the ruination of your fellow player's shift?
Can a single soul justify to me why traitors have to worry about some other traitor spawning a horde of shitters that solely exist to ruin their experience in it's entirety?
The Antagonist's job is to Antagonize, but to what point should the antagonized in question be other antagonists? And why? Where is the logic?
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Re: Spiders and Traitors

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #655966

Not all spiders come from traitors.
LunaticLizzie
Byond Username: Lunatic Lizzie

Post by LunaticLizzie » #655968

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:29 pm Not all spiders come from traitors.
This is fair. For the purposes of clarity, I am talking specifically about traitor-spawned spiders.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #655971

spiders are just a monster that cause chaos and attack everything. it wouldn't make sense for them to not attack traitors. the only way i could see it making sense is if you could buy a traitor item that doused yourself in spider pheromones.
ChristopherRobin
Byond Username: Christopher Robin

Post by ChristopherRobin » #655972

Literally why are syndicate bombs mechanically able to blow up traitors?
Can anybody explain to me what purpose it serves to let the large-radius explosive, conjured up by the traitor, a role expressly forbade from mindlessly boning, outright ruin an antagonist's shift?
Are 90% of the rules not in place to prevent specifically the ruination of your fellow player's shift?
Can a single soul justify to me why traitors have to worry about some other traitor spawning a syndicate bomb which solely exist to ruin their experience in its entirety?
The Antagonist's job is to Antagonize, but to what point should the antagonized in question be other antagonists? And why? Where is the logic?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #655981

Can Traitors even spawn spiders? I thought that was Changelings.
ChristopherRobin
Byond Username: Christopher Robin

Post by ChristopherRobin » #655983

Role exclusive for scientists, botanists can do spiderlings, lings have a unique flesh-spider thing.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #655985

ChristopherRobin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:33 pm Literally why are syndicate bombs mechanically able to blow up traitors?
Can anybody explain to me what purpose it serves to let the large-radius explosive, conjured up by the traitor, a role expressly forbade from mindlessly boning, outright ruin an antagonist's shift?
Can a single soul justify to me why traitors have to worry about some other traitor spawning a syndicate bomb which solely exist to ruin their experience in its entirety?