New Gamemode Idea: Vampire

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Microscopics
Byond Username: Microscopics

New Gamemode Idea: Vampire

Post by Microscopics » #82499

The amount of new gamemodes is skyrocketing, and this is a great thing! I have an idea for another new gamemode: VAMPIRE!

Vampire would function similarly to changeling, and perhaps could run as a traitor + vampire gamemode.

Vampires are chosen at the start of a round scaled to the amount of players, similar to lings.

Vampires have access to certain powers, but only have a limited amount of points to spend at the beginning, similar to a ling. Each time a vampire kills someone by draining them of their blood, they gain more blood points to spend. Vampires start with 10 points at the beginning, then gain 1 more point for each person they drain. Powers I have in mind:

Night vision: 1p
Thermal vision: 2p
Mist form - vampire can temporarily turn into an invincible mist and phase through walls: 3p
Invisibility: 3p
Claws - unarmed attacks deal the same amount of damage as a butcher's knife: 2p
Servant - able to permanently make another non-vampire your servant, they must obey your commands. Target would need to be in crit for it to work, but they will heal once they become a servant. Takes a long time to recharge once bought: 4p
Dark Materials - summons armored vampire robes and a vampire's sword: 2p
Telekinesis - grants TK without the blatant glowing blue head: 3p
Psychic mind - allows a hivemind between other vampires: 1p

These are just some ideas I have.

Here are some weaknesses that the vampire would have:

FIre. Fire would kill a vampire incredibly quickly.
Sunlight. Whenever outside of the station, even if inside of a suit, the vampire would take lots of burn damage.
Holy water. Splashing acid on a vampire would act like acid on a vampire but just plain water on a normal person. This would be a good way of determining who is a vampire and who is not.
Bladed instruments. Pretty self-explanatory.

Vampires would essentially have to drain the blood from a live person, killing the person once it's complete.

Vampires would have goals similar to that of a ling, like killing x person, draining x amount of blood, or steal x object.

I played this on goon once and it was incredibly fun. Post some suggestions you guys have here!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: New Gamemode Idea: Vampire

Post by DemonFiren » #82504

I've been proposing this since before blood mechanics happened, and honestly, I believe vampire powers should be tied not to how many people they've sucked dry, but how much blood they have in them (with a cap, naturally.) Using abilities drains these blood points, they are only recovered by drawing blood from people, blood bags or (hello, Bloodlines, you have been influencing me a lot here) a tiny little amount may be gotten from animals.

This allows a vampire to plan ahead and grab a blood bag as backup (if Medical's blood bags disappear or Cargo orders too many, you know who's out there!)
Of course, running low on blood should have a number of severe side effects - increased damage taken, maybe, or a period of frenzy in which the vampire automatically activates 'louder' powers and cannot control its own actions.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #82505

Can't we just plan a heist of /vg/ and steal their code?

I have masks.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #82530

fyi antags that get more powerful by putting people out of the round 5eva will always be vetod.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #82536

I wish we could get some kind of antag that has to steal blood though.

Maybe it would suit a Blood-O-Mancy Cult update
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #82537

Miauw wrote:fyi antags that get more powerful by putting people out of the round 5eva will always be vetod.
and this is why people say we're a hugbo.x
:)
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #82563

New objective for Abductees: 'Steal 500 units of A+ blood"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #82620

I don't see what vampire would bring except changeling with less powers and a weird focus on blood.

In fact, changelings already suck out all the blood anyway. They just get rid of everything else as well. Changeling is just like vampire but with more interesting abilities and a more science fiction feel. We now have multiple antags that typically start off on their own or in a small group, drag people into secluded areas, and strangle/extract/thrall/convert.

Plus making it all about blood brings in additional problems, mostly related to medbay having a crate full of blood in surgery. Do we only want fresh blood? What about floor blood? What about blood in corpses?

The potential solution to this problem is to make it radically different from the 'permanently convert/kill victim' antags we already have. Potentially, a vampire could be a stealthy snacker, who entered a room fairly anonymously (perhaps as a swarm of bats? a masked man?), subdued a victim, took some blood, and then left before they could raise a hue and cry. At that point, everyone might be aware that someone is a vampire, but not even the victims would be aware quite who it was, and that would be unusual/a bit different.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #82639

Vampire has already been discussed and worked out by a variety of other servers. Goon, /vg/, bay and probably more have all had discussion threads on their own respective forums about it. What I'm trying to say is that how vampires are everywhere else is probably the best you can hope for as a gamemode. Right now shadowling is basically vampire except without head biting and screeching as well as more fun.

It might work if you just put them in as secondary antagonists who can suck people's blood for minor buffs such as stun reduction but without combat powers.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #82643

I imagine the vampire gaining powers over time, but needs blood for it.
The vampire should start feeling dizzy and woozy after a while, getting weaker and start to lose health after a while when the blood supply(in a meter) runs dry. If the blood supply is moderate or near full, the vampire regenerates quickly. Enthralling should be a thing of course, but should use a ton of blood.

I'd like to see a vampire and a thrall in a maint base making a blood farm.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #82648

>On /vg/
>Your the vampire!
>Do nothing but act like an insufferable goth faggot the entire round, smoking in the abandoned bar and ranting about conformist posers.
>"Ralph get back on the engine, we're having power shortages."
>"You can't tell me what to do. Who elected you the mayor of me, poser? Gosh your just like my mom."
>Get bored and cut my wrists with glass shards while I scream CRAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIINNN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIINN over the radio.
>Get even more bored
>Empty my bank account and fork over 500 bucks to genetics to give me a few humanized monkeys
>Nobody thinks I'm an actual vampire so they give them to me
>Steal a bunch of blood bags on my way out of medbay
>Suck them dry in my lair and get 500+ blood
>Screech Linkin Park songs at conformist posers who don't understand me and my complex emotions
>Get dunked by a borg

6.5/10 mode