The Toxins Problem | How I learned to love the TTV

A place to record your ideas for the game.
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

The Toxins Problem | How I learned to love the TTV

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #689998

As of right now, doing toxins feels stale, you have all that hard worked tritum burned ready. You could refine some cores, but only really bluespace cores are important. Publishing papers doesnt yield much as much as you think, even for maxcaps. Gas shells are just for experimentation.
There isnt much options to do with your bombs, oh well with being a non-antag (and not getting banned)

Whats your explosive ideas that we could give to the toxins department?

One of my ideas would be a cargo bounty system, but for ttvs requiring a certain radiuses. Scientific would get research points and the bomb maker some cash. Just like the paper system, but more upfront.
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
gartigglesauce
Byond Username: Atlasle

Re: The Toxins Problem | How I learned to love the TTV

Post by gartigglesauce » #690419

give TTVs to mining to help them level lavaland and get all the ore
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #690423

gartigglesauce wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:27 pm give TTVs to mining to help them level lavaland and get all the ore
We tried this, including removing the bomb cap on lavaland. It was a neat way to show off how much you could lag the server with toxins knowledge.

It's fine that you don't have "a whole lot" you can do with your bombs. You at least have things that you CAN do with them so that security doesn't bust your shit in instantly when you start working toxins.
gartigglesauce
Byond Username: Atlasle

Post by gartigglesauce » #690426

Nabski wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:33 pm
gartigglesauce wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:27 pm give TTVs to mining to help them level lavaland and get all the ore
We tried this, including removing the bomb cap on lavaland. It was a neat way to show off how much you could lag the server with toxins knowledge.
Lmao in retrospect that does sound a bit too chaotic, how did it go apart from really laggy
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #690430

It was pretty cool. There were some solid code improvements that came out of it. The biggest lag offender came from the use of mining bags. Ultimately someone(the miners) had to then just spend a bunch of time running around a blank landscape picking up all the ore because people were regularly making 400x400 bombs.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #690441

Back in the very old days, when Malf AIs were on AI satellites, there was another way for bombing scientists to be heroes