Remove the Arbitrary Job locks on job-restricted traitor items.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Remove the Arbitrary Job locks on job-restricted traitor items.

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #691325

When we go look at the job-restricted section on the tgstation syndicate items page, we see traitor items that seem to benefit, or otherwise theme/match the job. At first glance me removing the locks might be noob bait as an assistant with a blast cannon wont find much use, compared to a scientist or research director.
However, i find it too restrictive, say i manage to steal a chemdispenser, or become a chemist from another job at the HOP line. Then the reagent dartgun is LOCKED haha YOU GOT OWNED!!
What im advocating for is the total removal of job restrictions on traitor items, to increase the uplink diversity, and give some lesser used items such as the explosive hot potato a glimmer of popularity.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Remove the Arbitrary Job locks on job-restricted traitor items.

Post by MooCow12 » #691343

Clown car

if anything just remove the job restrictions on specific items as you said the reagent dart gun or the blast cannon.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #691488

MooCow12 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:27 pm Clown car

if anything just remove the job restrictions on specific items as you said the reagent dart gun or the blast cannon.
i was gonna say "yeah, you should be able to sync your uplink with the PDA's inserted ID to get that jobs traitor items" but yeah, clown car and his grace probably make that a really bad idea huh
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #691541

no thanks, these are incentives to pick the job at roundstart.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #691546

I don't think antag treats should be considered incentive for people to play normal jobs... isn't that kind of sending the wrong message? "Play this normal job so you can roll for better antag loot if you're lucky"

The reason role-restricted antag items are good is just simply to keep things interesting
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #691564

I like the job restrictions since it gives traitors flavour. You're not a generic traitor, you're a traitor botanist, traitor chemist, traitor clown, etc.
► Show Spoiler
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #692188

Counterpoint: Make more job restricted traitor items instead.