Some more Desirable items to be obtained from cargo goodies

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Some more Desirable items to be obtained from cargo goodies

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #693310

Right now, cargo goodies are pretty boring, most people don't really privately buy stuff and instead steal from places to obtain said items.
This suggestion attempts to add some more rare and unique items to cargo goodie packs, encouraging people to engage with the economy to obtain them (or steal them from other people who bought it, creating conflict)]

Advanced insulated gloves. (CE gloves)

Power tools?

Maybe even R&D weapon kits? instead of waiting on science to research what you want, you buy it for your own use at a premium cost? Money instead of time? Or just Research items in general?

Tech Shells?
Chest rigs? Gun holsters that can store energy guns like those operative holsters?

Prices can easily be discussed, it's also not too hard to code, assuming you know how to add new cargo purchases

Also ping Arcane and necro, both are pretty involved with cargo's development and stuff. I want to hear their thoughts

I also simply dont like the way advanced insulated gloves are, they're a very poor example of job equipment, by making it obtainable through cargo, I want to help reduce the amount of engies who take CE just for better shit and not to manage, maybe remove where the advanced insulated gloves spawning in CE garment bag, and add it as a purchase to cargo?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Some more Desirable items to be obtained from cargo goodies

Post by Jacquerel » #693312

I think that generally we'd prefer to add more things than increase the number of sources of existing things, just as a general rule.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #693323

Misrouted packages from other stations, players could keep whatever primo stuff was sent or send it back in the mail for extra cargo points

but I don't think that's what you were looking for
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #693331

Adding more items won't matter due to them likely getting access requirements attached. Until access requirements for private/goodie purchases get yeeted into the sun with extreme prejudice, cargo will not have anything worth offering.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693339

BrianBackslide wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:55 pm Adding more items won't matter due to them likely getting access requirements attached. Until access requirements for private/goodie purchases get yeeted into the sun with extreme prejudice, cargo will not have anything worth offering.
100%, the access restriction thing should have just been removed, not fixed to be working again.

Why pay a bunch of credits for a private pack of insults* when you could just ask cargo to order a crate of insults instead. 75% of they time they say yes in my experience. I've seen so many instaces of someone grinding bounties, just to see a bunch of “BUYER LACKS INSUFFICIENT ACCESS” texts popping up as they realize the only things they can buy is plushies or a mug.

Money becomes worthless once you have around 500-1,000 in the bank, that should cover any personal cosmetics or departmental equipment. Plus, any reasonable cargo crew is going to have the lathe out in the lobby to avoid people unwrenching the ORM to tide into cargo. (to the point now that one of the first things techies do on Manuel is moving the lathe)

*by the way, incorrect personal orders correctly denied stamped and sent back to Centcom partially refunds the purchase to CARGO, not the private buyer.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit