Sindrian Fuel Company Shuttle and Gas Station

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Sindrian Fuel Company Shuttle and Gas Station

Post by Helios » #694439

This is an open invitation for RedBaronFlyer to come in and complete the details, but the basic gimmick of this is that the Sindrian Diktat ship can fly the crew back to Centcomm in half the time. The thing is that trip is broken down by 2.5 minutes to the Gas Station, 5 minutes of refueling while the denizens of the gas station harass the crew, or try to accomplish some objective while the crew is stuck there, and then another 2.5 minutes to reach central command. That's right, when I said it was half the time and double the speed, that was compared to the 10 minutes it takes for a shuttle to reach the station, not the 3 minutes it takes to get back.
If the credit requires something special to order, chime in with any ideas, I don't know enough about Starsector lore, besides I guess this being a lavaland prize for killing a giant lobster boss.

My friend told me that one of the gimmicks of the Sindrian Fuel Company is all their ships are combat tankers, and they love antimatter. I guess antimatter could be handled like touching or dealing with Supermatter. but inverse color scheme and colored effects. I'm not sure how to give gas station employees the power of antimatter without it becoming stupid
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Re: Sindrian Fuel Company Shuttle and Gas Station

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #694468

Helios wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:35 am This is an open invitation for RedBaronFlyer to come in and complete the details, but the basic gimmick of this is that the Sindrian Diktat ship can fly the crew back to Centcomm in half the time. The thing is that trip is broken down by 2.5 minutes to the Gas Station, 5 minutes of refueling while the denizens of the gas station harass the crew, or try to accomplish some objective while the crew is stuck there, and then another 2.5 minutes to reach central command. That's right, when I said it was half the time and double the speed, that was compared to the 10 minutes it takes for a shuttle to reach the station, not the 3 minutes it takes to get back.
If the credit requires something special to order, chime in with any ideas, I don't know enough about Starsector lore, besides I guess this being a lavaland prize for killing a giant lobster boss.

My friend told me that one of the gimmicks of the Sindrian Fuel Company is all their ships are combat tankers, and they love antimatter. I guess antimatter could be handled like touching or dealing with Supermatter. but inverse color scheme and colored effects. I'm not sure how to give gas station employees the power of antimatter without it becoming stupid
THE MONKEY'S PAW CURLS

1. Tariffs mean that Centcom takes a 30% cut of any items sent back (bounty cubes, materials like plasma, etc.) items like crates have 30% of their value not added to the cargo budget after each shipment, as that is centcoms cut. In addition, shipments are 30% more expensive.

2. I'm not entirely sure what nanotrasen's market policy would be. It'd either be like the Hegemony (weapons, drugs, and organs are illegal) or Tri-Tachyon (weapons, drugs, and organs are legal). For more pain, it'd be like the Hegemony, which means no laser crates outside of security department orders.

3. If you hack the ordering consoles, you can order illegal stuff off the black market (normal illegal stuff but also gun mechs, organs, and recreational drugs), ordering on the black market also has the benefit of avoiding taxes. Too much illegal stuff will increase your suspicion level, with a certain percent chance of Nanotrasen sending a squad of heavily armed and armored troops to do an "inspection." If the suspicion level is too high, then Centcom sends a death squad to liquidate cargo. You can lower suspicion by doing department orders.

4. Asteroids can randomly hit the shuttle during transit (like if you fly through an asteroid field in Starsector without slowing down), breaching the hull and removing some parts of the shuttle. You must then pay for repairs at a shipyard, which takes time and a bunch of credits, you must also supply the building materials to repair it (no cheating out with basic iron or even wood, though). If you don't and the shuttle is damaged enough, it can result in the shuttle being lost, losing all the cargo aboard, and requiring the captain to purchase another cargo shuttle.

5. There is a five to twenty percent chance at any time (depending on threat level/orbit) that the shuttle gets hijacked by pathers and militarized into an IED, which sends the shuttle flinging towards the station after an announcement and short delay (Tunguska tier asteroid replaced with the sprite of a luddic IED fuel tanker)

6. There is a five to twenty percent chance at any time (depending on threat level/orbit) that the shuttle gets hijacked by pirates and stolen. The captain must purchase a new cargo shuttle when this happens.

7. Miners can harvest "volatiles", which needs to be refined at atmospherics to be turned into antimatter (big cumbersome machine that is super easy to blow up), the engine requires antimatter fuel (bigger and more cumbersome machine that is even easier to blow up), and if it runs out the power shuts off until more antimatter is pumped into the engines, or the station goes into a black hole (in SS13 terms this could be done via raising the threat to black orbit and beyond or even spawning a singularity that makes its way towards the station.)

8. If the station is too productive, it has a percent chance of spawning pathers to raid it for being too against the teachings of Ludd (ranging from bad to decently armed guys) who come in on a cargo shuttle painted green and red with turrets strapped onto it who's objective is to blow up the antimatter refiner, the AI, robotics, science, and kill any borgs on the station.

9. The crew can order Vulturian lobster, which is very tasty and adds a super positive moodlet that lasts the whole round (with the side effect of requiring regular meals of volturian lobster)

10. The sales economy has supply and demand. Items will come and go out of being in oversupply or undersupply. Selling 20 crates on the shuttle or 200 sheets of plasma will flood the market and make it worthless to sell for a while. Cargo must try and sell stuff when it's in demand, or else they'll lose money. This also applies for ordering guns in a crisis, the cost of each laser crate will balloon on the black market because of demand.

Coderbus, you can reach me at my webzone if you want to make me your supreme god emperor of ideas, as well as being the sole individual in charge of approving and disapproving PRs.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #694469

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:12 am10. The sales economy has supply and demand. Items will come and go out of being in oversupply or undersupply. Selling 20 crates on the shuttle or 200 sheets of plasma will flood the market and make it worthless to sell for a while. Cargo must try and sell stuff when it's in demand, or else they'll lose money. This also applies for ordering guns in a crisis, the cost of each laser crate will balloon on the black market because of demand.
All of these are mostly jokes but I swear to God I will cry if this actually becomes an actual PR.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #694479

Does the fuel station always spawn in? Part of me always wanted more gimmicks to utilize other areas on the server, even if it was defeating the idea of the game itself. Side effect of being a space wandering Librarian on enough shifts.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #694501

oh hey is this a starsector thread
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #694654

I was talking about a Sindrian Fuel Company Escape shuttle which strands people at a gas station for 5 minutes before they can go home, and it seems like RedBaronFlyer was talking more about replacing the entire cargo department with a Sindrian Fuel company quartermaster and cargo system. That would be interesting.