More TTS with heavy accent

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

More TTS with heavy accent

Post by Likteer » #701258

I've seen people being picky about the current TTS.
I think the TF2 mercs are probably the best of what we have right now.
Mothblocks' blips PR got reverted within 3 days.

Would it be possible to add some voice types, with particular accents instead of specific video game characters?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: More TTS with heavy accent

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #704399

The reason video game characters come out best in the TTS is because its made by stealing training the language model on large amounts of lines saying all sorts of things, and video games are one of the best sources of the same voice saying a wide variety of phrases with different intensities and pitches. Smaller data sets tend to come out worse, and we have enough awful sounding mechanical mush TTS voices as it is, so you'd probbably need to offer up a corpus of lots of accented voice lines to get it started?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Re: More TTS with heavy accent

Post by BlueMemesauce » #705961

The moonbase alpha tts voices were unironically amazing and clear, we shoud just use those