Traditional lizard clothing

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Traditional lizard clothing

Post by Fren256 » #701495

Both moths and ethereals have traditional clothes for their species in the ClothesMate, it's time lizards have their own as well.
Last edited by Fren256 on Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Traditional lizard clothing

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #701512

what do you think a lizard would wear?
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701518

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:15 pm what do you think a lizard would wear?
Spoiler:
In all seriousness, I've seen some lizards that wear jumpskirts most of the time, perhaps we could make some outfits based around skirts?
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #701526

They should dress in Conan-style armor. Kinda like ashwalkers but more varied.
► Show Spoiler
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #701814

According to lore, Lizards are a highly militarized and caste-based society on an arid world with less water resources. They also have centuries more time as a spacefaring civilization compared to Humans.

Given their terrain attributes, most of their clothing would be lightweight and flowing owing to the need for a tail hole (and avoid tail chafe) and for thermoregulation to allow for warming of the sun but also preventing overheating. Given they're both a militarized and spacefaring civilization their clothing tastes might differ for more fatigues and uniforms, but they would still need concern for their tails and for temperature control.

Which kinda brings a question: How would a Tiziran space ship handle temperature? You can't have it run hot all the time or the ship will just melt, and the crew can't all be basking at the same time either. Would basking be done in shifts?
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #701825

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #701831

BrianBackslide wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:43 pm According to lore, Lizards are a highly militarized and caste-based society on an arid world with less water resources. They also have centuries more time as a spacefaring civilization compared to Humans.

Given their terrain attributes, most of their clothing would be lightweight and flowing owing to the need for a tail hole (and avoid tail chafe) and for thermoregulation to allow for warming of the sun but also preventing overheating. Given they're both a militarized and spacefaring civilization their clothing tastes might differ for more fatigues and uniforms, but they would still need concern for their tails and for temperature control.

Which kinda brings a question: How would a Tiziran space ship handle temperature? You can't have it run hot all the time or the ship will just melt, and the crew can't all be basking at the same time either. Would basking be done in shifts?
hot bunk infrared warm pods. like tanning beds but instead of UV light they blast you with Infrared so Warm
Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701845

BrianBackslide wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:43 pm According to lore, Lizards are a highly militarized and caste-based society on an arid world with less water resources. They also have centuries more time as a spacefaring civilization compared to Humans.

I like to imagine their fashion would be a mix between the Neomilitarism style from Cyberpunk 2077 and the clothing of some Ancient Civilizations, particularly those around the Mediterranean or in Arabia. Also since it's an stratified society, the Tiziran populace could be mandated to wear certain types of clothes and accesories depending on the caste they belong to, each being increasingly ostentatious the higher you go in the caste system.
BrianBackslide wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:43 pm Which kinda brings a question: How would a Tiziran space ship handle temperature? You can't have it run hot all the time or the ship will just melt, and the crew can't all be basking at the same time either. Would basking be done in shifts?
Along with crag's idea, instead of pods Tiziran spaceships could come with especialized rooms that help them heat up their body temperatures (basically saunas, minus the humidity). Another way, albeit more expensive, would be to give all the Lizardpeople in the crew air conditioned clothing -which already exists in real life- so they don't need to spare time "sunbasking".

That being said, it's highly unlikely Tizirans would let other species on board their military vessels, let alone humans. Besides, I think the core temperature of the ship could be increased to a comfortable degree for Lizards without compromising the ship's integrity.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #701883

I always imagined Ancient (KEYWORD HERE, ANCIENT) Tiziran clothing resembling that of Indians in antiquity or the Hindu-Buddhist kingdoms of South-East Asia. Loose Dhoti-like/Sarong-like garments and beads, with lots of ornamentation for richer members of society, the Tiziran rulers adorned with resplendent golden jewellry all over their bodies. If you want a good idea of what I'm talking about, the murals in the Ajanta Caves provide a decent look. Of course, that's only a loose idea of what I'd imagine it to be like, and given the rather "liberated" nature of said clothing (especially for women), I'd say Tiziran clothing would be a bit more "proper" in nature. Of course, that's only my idea and I'm sure people will have much better suggestions, not to mention how that clothing would develop over time and Tiziran history.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #701994

lizards don't have nipples so its okay for girl lizards to have their litties (lizard titties) out
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702218

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:04 pm lizards don't have nipples so its okay for girl lizards to have their litties (lizard titties) out
The ERP lizard poster literally has a male lizard with nipples.

Also I think traditional lizard clothing would probably most likely be very nationalistic since according to lore they were heavily authoritarian/militaristic.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch