The Thing blood test for lings

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

The Thing blood test for lings

Post by DaydreamIQ » #706500

Now that lings are 100% allowed to say fuck. Perhaps we could get some kind of actual test for whether or not someone is a ling. And since changeling is basically one big Thing reference what better way than the good ol blood test. Get a beaker, fill it with the accused's blood, then apply a cautery.

My reasoning for this is that there's not really any good ways to test for lings who aren't disguised besides the brain test which is against the rules. And if there's worries about the test being broken out fnr it could be held under the same ruling as implant checking where sec needs valid reasoning before doing it.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: The Thing blood test for lings

Post by Jacquerel » #706501

Largely speaking it has always been intentional that there isn't a ling test, because our players are extremely boring and surefire ways to know that someone is valid lead to degenerate behaviour.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #706533

Lings could always say fuck in LRP, and it’s not a changeling hellhole there, so I don’t think we really need this.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #706542

Hey bro the ling test is when you walk into a room and find them extracting someone's soul from their body.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #706591

The ling test is behavioral based on whoever they're impersonating.
That or you finding a husk with identifying equipment on it.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #706611

oranges wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:27 pm Hey bro the ling test is when you walk into a room and find them extracting someone's soul from their body.
If you see that, you should adminhelp, because they're breaking rule 8. :lol:
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #707156

My favorite ling test is dragging them cuffed to the incinerator. If they do ling shit along they way they are a ling. If not they won't. Works 40% of the time every time.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #707362

I made a PR for this and it was denied. (iirc I made it slightly more complex, you needed to mix a chemical with the blood then heat it). I don't really see the problem that coders have with ling tests since being suspected of being a ling is enough to be RR'd anyway
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #707784

if you dont think a literal antag check wont be abused by players until a rule is made thus defeating the purpose of it existing then im surprised youve played enough to have found your way to the forums
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708732

changelings should just be a shameless thing ripoff at this point, make it a team antag, that can convert people, but make them permanently die from fire, and take extra damage from fire
New abilities for lings: Hey I have friends!
New counters for lings: Burn it with fire
it's stupid that lings are a hivemind, yet they're allowed to just kill each other, it's weird