Engineering console updates

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Engineering console updates

Post by JusticeGoat » #708097

Idea: 1
Alerts computer upgrade
We have had an alerts console for years, but i'm not sure when the last time it has been touched. I suggest we add a fire alarm override/quiet button that can disable the fire doors and alarm, an engineer can press this on the computer.

Game play Impact:
Traitor AI's and engineers/atmos will have a easier time spreading plasma fires.
crew will be joyed to have a way to quiet nuisance alarms from a cold area that is perfectly fine to inhabit.

Idea: 2
Remote door console
maybe provide a list of numbered doors in a named area that someone from the CE's office or bridge with access can use to bolt, unbolt, open and set on access override a door that has its ai control wire connected.

Game play Impact:
A crafty traitor emags the console to short out the ID access and sets doors they want to pass though on yellow all access mode such as the R&D front doors from the safety of the CE's office if the computer is not being watched so they are not caught hacking the public door in full view. Players can still ask the ai to fix it but now its leaves the question if the ai did it or a normal human.

Crew on low pop can call the bridge if there is a captain or hop doing anything to open a door as a budget ai, i doubt most will care to help but a few might?