Meaty Shotguns

A place to record your ideas for the game.
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Meaty Shotguns

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708759

Idea for shotgun changes
Shotguns currently are weird, I don't like them, I want to like them, Shotguns should be dangerous, but when I see security walk out of the armory with a riot shotgun in hand, I am not as scared as I should be.
Security armory: gets 1 box of buckshot, let us order buckshot from cargo
Buckshot: should be lethal as lethal gets, I'm thinking 15 damage(fairly strict damage drop off, maybe just have the pellet disappear when they're offscreen) a pellet, with 8 pellets will do, you get shot point blank with a shotgun, you're gonna be hurting, hit somebody with 5 pellets and whatever limb you hit is disabled, all 7, and that limb is gone(perhaps blown off, or perhaps entirely destroyed), with heavy bleed on the torso. I was thinking shitty armor piercing, and stamina damage because of the force from the shotgun shell
Riot shotgun: 7 shells, now it's bolt action, you gotta click twice.
Sawn off riot shotgun: 4 shells, bolt action as well, heavy visual recoil, wide spread
Double barrel: db's in a good spot, do not give the bartender buckshot that would be a terrible idea
Sawn off double barrel: heavy visual recoil
Combat shotgun: this thing would be powerful if these buckshot changes went into place, I'm unsure of how to change the combat shotgun, maybe a spread that's very tight? Maybe we could just fucking remove it.
Compact shotgun: 4 shells, heavy visual recoil, wide spread
all in all, I think these changes are ok, if you feel like robusting me with a toolbox after reading this, tell me why before you robust me in the head with a toolbox.
SS13 players when they get shot with a shotgun at point blank and are in critical condition
:shock: