Shadowpeople for Maintenance Sect Chaplain (or as a roundstart race?)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Shadowpeople for Maintenance Sect Chaplain (or as a roundstart race?)

Post by Xkallubar » #709165

The idea in mind is similar to how Technophile sect chaplains can spend a large amount of favor to turn themself or someone else into an Android, but a Maintenance Sect counterpart that turns you or anyone buckled to the altar into a Shadowperson. The only problem with this idea is that it would be a nightmare (pun not intended) to get enough favor to turn anyone into a Shadowperson. That's a LOT of dead rats you'll need and it's not going to be anywhere as easy as it is to become an Android unless the rite to make Shadowpeople is cheap.

Alternatively what I would prefer is for just Shadowpeople to be a roundstart race forever, not just on halloween week. Shadowpeople fit SO well with the Maintenance Sect.
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Re: Shadowpeople for Maintenance Sect Chaplain (or as a roundstart race?)

Post by Xkallubar » #710566

Bump
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #710583

I think the only way we're getting shadowpeople as something outside of Halloween again is if someone nuts up and brings back Shadowlings so...wyci
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #710584

I already think that the android sect sucks and should be replaced with something else so I don't want a second one
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Post by 8bot » #710668

only on the condition that you don't need to accommodate them/they're valid if they try to destroy lights around the station
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710713

This would be like letting people be nightmares at roundstart, why would we do that?

E: Unless I'm misunderstanding the difference between shadowpeople and nightmares.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #710762

Vekter wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:47 pm E: Unless I'm misunderstanding the difference between shadowpeople and nightmares.