Organ wounds.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Organ wounds.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #710529

Changing the organ damage system to be away from damage numbers to a wound like system would be a cool change. Unlike current wounds, they would be tracked on the organ and not the mob.
Effects that currently damage organs would instead inflict organ specific wounds, which have different effects depending on the organs. These wounds could be broken down into catagories like limb wounds. Chemical wounds like what you would get in your lungs from smoking to much, or in your liver for taking rough meds would be a given. Physical brain damage from too many hits in the head would now manifest brain trauma alongside wound instead of arbitrary amounts of damage.
The true utility of this change is it would allow scenarios where combat could effect your internal organs without us having to worry about it being overly lethal. The idea that bullet piercing wounds would damage an organ in that area were shot down for pretty clear balance reasons, you could get your lungs shredded out of no where and die in seconds. But if we could change that result from a flat amount of damage to a specific wound, say a “punctured lung” wound, we could balance around the effects of that wound specifically.
You could have bright light based wounds to your eye have a certain effect, and having one of your eyes put out with a screwdriver do another.
It seems like a more versatile system.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Re: Organ wounds.

Post by 8bot » #710553

would only be worth adding if they added more readily-accessible ways to heal your organs.
anything that adds more reasons to get surgery, or can't be fixed by yourself, is just unnecessary tedium
it's why i absolutely despise bone injuries to this day
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Organ wounds.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #710558

8bot wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:07 pm would only be worth adding if they added more readily-accessible ways to heal your organs.
anything that adds more reasons to get surgery, or can't be fixed by yourself, is just unnecessary tedium
it's why i absolutely despise bone injuries to this day
I entirely entirely agree that wounds should be healable, or mitigatable without medical assistance.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later