Idea for a silly Chaplain sect: Gluttony God

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Idea for a silly Chaplain sect: Gluttony God

Post by Xkallubar » #713531

(This is like the 5th idea I've posted here in the past month, please help me.)

This sect idea is based on being fat and eating a lot.

Your bible will greatly heal those who are fat, at the cost of them no longer being fat.

I know how to make some basic pixel art so I will provide some in this post to get my ideas across on what certain things would look like.

Gluttony Altar Concept Pixel Art:

Rites:

Gluttonous Sacrifice: On the condition that you are fat and overfed, your god will consume all your gluttony, emptying your stomach, making you hungry, and giving 1 favor. This also works on fat people buckled to the altar, so they can help you gain favor

Empowering Obesity: For 5 favor, blesses you or anyone buckled to the altar, removing all downsides of being fat, giving them the Voracious Eater trait if they don't already have it, letting them eat raw meat, and giving them the ability to butcher with their bare hands. While fat, you have a green glow/outline, your sprite is 75% wider, and at any time while being fat, you can use a spell where you you take 25% less brute damage and bullets bounce off of your bouncy belly, but you still take full damage from the bullets. After 1 minute of the spell, it wears off and you will no longer be fat!

Bottomless Belly: For 20 favor, on the condition that you have the Empowering Obesity blessing, replaces your stomach with a cursed stomach, letting you vomit at will, (if your stomach is full enough) and lets you vomit crawl to other piles of vomit, so blood crawling but with vomit. You can take it out with surgery and give it to someone else if you REALLY wanted to.

The cursed stomach is exactly as described on yogstation, so it will need to be essentially ported over for this.

Summon Vomitling: For 10 favor, summons a sentient vomit creature ghost role that is just a pile of vomit with eyes, legs, and a mouth. It has 35 hp, heals by drinking vomit puddles, can attack for 5-8 brute, and can speak galactic common with the drunk accent, and it follows the chaplain's orders. Flypeople can suck on them for sustenance, dealing a small amount of damage. Soap will deal 20 brute when thrown at them. If a brain with a soul is on the altar, the vomitling will be under control of the person who's brain was on the altar, and if the vomitling dies, it will drop the brain. Now you can bring dead people back to life! Otherwise, it will poll ghosts. You can have up to 3 vomitlings at a time.

Vomitling Concept Pixel Art:

Vomitling Ascension: For 15 favor, turns your vomitling buckled to the altar into a Vomit Abomination, with 75 hp, heals by drinking vomit puddles, can attack for 9-13 brute, and can eat small items like a Morph, and spits all eaten items out on death. This is the gluttony sect equivalent of summoning Nar'sie. It should take a long time to get this. Soap will deal 20 brute when thrown at them. Although the vomit abomination is pretty weak, and should die pretty fast to sec or a jannie if they start eating medical supplies and causing problems. Flypeople can suck on them for sustenance, dealing a small amount of damage. You can only have 1 Vomit Abomination at a time.

Vomit Abomination Concept Pixel Art:

It should be very difficult to do everything possible with this sect without a ton of people getting fat and overfed for you. Plus, anyone with a pneumatic cannon filled with soap can absolutely obliterate your gang of vomit dudes.

Any ideas for more rites?

Coders, code my idea or I will turn you into the Globgogabgalab in real life. :donut2:
Last edited by Xkallubar on Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Idea for a silly Chaplain sect: Gluttony God

Post by Armhulen » #713552

What I like:
Favor gain: Surprisingly one of the oldest gimmicks people have consistently run through the ages is just eating a fuckton and being a fat bastard. This would be accomplished with the book of smoke's negative effect, which makes you REALLY hungry, so as chappy you'd just keep hitting the book and then eating more, then hitting the book again, etc... all i'm saying is that someone is going to be there for that. Chefs will either love or hate you depending on how they feel about all their food disappearing.
Flavor: Yeah this works well as an evil themed sect, not much to say about that

Potential problems:
Reward prices: Bottomless belly is full on jaunting which is kind of nuts, but players have to go from fat to hungry TWENTY times to get it.
Rewards are kinda too far into toy territory: Jaunting and vomitlings are cool rewards but beyond literally being gluttony related concepts they don't help a chaplain roleplay as a glutton priest. At the very least some part of the rewards should be the ability to give and take fat, maybe even nonconsentually, to have an alternate and on-theme way for the chaplain to attack its foes but more importantly do a service to the station: too fat? lose some weight! No fat machine needed. Just having the balance there would help a ton.

Ideas:
Food variety: Why not expand the favor gain by having the chaplain consume different foods? This lets chaplain get some easy favor gain early on but the amount of unique foods are the cap, so maybe emptying stomach gives some favor but finding a new food item is a larger favor bonus to prioritize that? And you're not sacrificing it, you're eating it.
Bible effects: We should have one!
Empowering Obesity: I'm ok taking away negative effects of being fat but maybe we should power them up while fat with the caveat that they constantly losing fatness while... being fat! So it's less of like "forget this game mechanic" and more like "use fatness differently"
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #713553

I would like to try adding this, I think it has been long enough and it would be nice to see a new sect, but I kinda wanna try my hand at making Nox happy with a new sect hahaha
Xkallubar

Post by Xkallubar » #713568

Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:55 pm I would like to try adding this, I think it has been long enough and it would be nice to see a new sect, but I kinda wanna try my hand at making Nox happy with a new sect hahaha
Nice. I have added to nearly everything about the sect idea, with some of your feedback in mind. Reread it and give more feedback.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #713791

wafer thin mints will be the new meta, mark my words
DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #713882

Food sect fills a good hole. None of the current sects particualarly interact with other service jobs (besides pyre sect's neverending desire for monkey cubes). Keep in mind that experienced players *will* create nutrient factories with botany trays, possibly involving conveyor belts, all-in-one grinders and IV drips. Assume that the chaplain will get enough favor to give everyone on the station all the best buffs 20 minutes in, because it's guaranteed that it'll happen some rounds.
Xkallubar

Post by Xkallubar » #713893

DaBoss wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:15 pm Food sect fills a good hole. None of the current sects particularly interact with other service jobs (besides pyre sect's never ending desire for monkey cubes). Keep in mind that experienced players *will* create nutrient factories with botany trays, possibly involving conveyor belts, all-in-one grinders and IV drips. Assume that the chaplain will get enough favor to give everyone on the station all the best buffs 20 minutes in, because it's guaranteed that it'll happen some rounds.
Imagining a food factory in the chapel producing an endless supply of mega-bite burgers with the morbidly obese chaplain at the end of the conveyor belt sitting on a couch with his vomitling friend gobbling up burger after burger is a hilarious image to me and it makes me want this sect even more.

Still, to give everyone on the station cursed stomachs will take a huge amount of eating and a ton of organ removal surgeries, which will also take up a ton of prosthetic stomachs because you can't just remove a stomach and not replace it.