make defib not force a person back to their body

A place to record your ideas for the game.
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

make defib not force a person back to their body

Post by TypicalRig » #716181

if you could pick between watching a black screen or staying slightly longer out of your body to watch whatever drama is going on ingame with ghost vision, the decision is kind of obvious. currently with how it works it just incentivizes people succumbing when frustrated that they've spent 10+ minutes in stasis hell with no clue what's going on.

there are a few ways this could be handled. like a prompt telling them they are now not dead so they can re-enter whenever, or to delay forcing their ghost back into the body until they are in light crit where they can actually see/interact with the game. downside of this is they will be exposed to ghost knowledge longer than they normally would be, but using this kind of metainfo is already heavily scrutinized so I don't really see this being that much of a con.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Re: make defib not force a person back to their body

Post by mrmelbert » #716304

No thanks

I can confidently say that the number of times I've been defibbed and been stuck in hard crit for longer than five seconds is in the single digits.
currently with how it works it just incentivizes people succumbing when frustrated that they've spent 10+ minutes in stasis hell with no clue what's going on.
Why don't you just succumb after the first minute? If the doctors show no intention of CPR-ing you or bringing you off stasis just make them defib you again
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes