AI upload

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Yobrocharlie
Byond Username: Yobrocharlie

AI upload

Post by Yobrocharlie » #718564

>Be any antagonist
>Want somebody dead
>Lots of borgs
>Break into RnD or hell even secure tech storage nobody ever looks in either of those places anyway
>Print or steal ai upload, print the boards
>Free half a dozen teammates who are ready to help you with anything.
>Win

The point of this discussion is generally my complaint on how comedically easy it is to subdue the ai despite how incredibly influential and tide turning they can be, it is very- VERY easy to subdue an artifical intelligence if you at least somewhat know what your doing, hell you don't even need to touch the station if you don't want to you can go to space for universal RnD and print those boards out that way or even in some gateway destinations, For what is quite literally zero risk on part of the antagonist has a fucking major pay out even if there aren't any borgs. Not to mention its kind of unrealistic, why would the artificial intelligence be able to be subdued by RnD equipment over 500 years old? (Thats how old charlie is right?) Shouldnt such a thing be better gaurded? I mean ai upload is completely redundant when i have the exact same thing but better in the RnD lab and in tech storage.
"A shitter am i? i will show you just how right you are."
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Re: AI upload

Post by Xkallubar » #718601

The AI has motion alarms that notify them when people are in their upload or sat. So chances are, if your AI is competent enough, they're going to blurt out "soandso trying to change my laws" over comms. Also there's rarely ever more than like 3 borgs from my experience
xzero314
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #718620

I really think an upload password is a good idea. Give it to rd and cap in memories and a note in the rd office for acting caps. Make it so hacked upload board bypasses the password.
ImageImageImageImage
Yobrocharlie
Byond Username: Yobrocharlie

Post by Yobrocharlie » #718621

Xkallubar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:50 pm The AI has motion alarms that notify them when people are in their upload or sat. So chances are, if your AI is competent enough, they're going to blurt out "soandso trying to change my laws" over comms. Also there's rarely ever more than like 3 borgs from my experience
I think the point of this went straight over your head
"A shitter am i? i will show you just how right you are."
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #718624

It is terribly easy to get access to an AI upload console. How hard should subverting the AI be? At least harder than breaking into one of the easiest places to break into, the RD lab.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #718647

Ai uploads show up on gps i think but thats as a way to end upload wars between multiple parties so their is counterplay to it, just with an item that not everyone relevant even gets without having to go out of their way.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
xzero314
Byond Username: Xzero314

Post by xzero314 » #719010

New uploads should require a Cap or RD id log in. Allow a traitor to bypass that with an emag or with the hacked ai upload module.
ImageImageImageImage
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #719014

That wouldn't make it any harder for tots to subvert the AI, but atleast there would be some opportunity cost to it.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #719215

It's easier to just nab some plasma canisters or a fireaxe and achieve better results yourself.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #719337

or some sort of timer with a notice on AI law changes, but yeah, the way upload control is currently set up sucks dick
feedback appreciated here <3
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #719432

Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes