New Horrible™ Random Event Idea: Pit stop

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

New Horrible™ Random Event Idea: Pit stop

Post by Xkallubar » #719945

An unidentified ship is docking to the station, what could they possibly want?

To spice up the round, of course!

This random event will trigger a random ship of non-antag ghost roles that will dock with the station with different goals depending on which ship is picked.

Ideas for potential ships:

Space Hobos

A ship of exiled assistants space hobos has docked with the station, because they've ran out of grub to eat, and their ship's generator is almost out of plasma! A few space hobo ghost roles spawn with no ids, a hunk of junk with thrusters on the back for a ship, all starving and without food. It's up to them on what they want to do, whether it be rob food and plasma, join the crew, or be arrested for trespassing on a top secret research station and get accused of being syndicate infiltrators.

Space Traders

A ship of wandering space traders with a selection of fat loot and random junk have docked at the station to sell their wares. This one is simple, they just sell stuff, protect their goods from any thieving assistants, and the rest is up to them.

Space Mercenaries

A ship of guns for hire have arrived, offering their services for cash. Armed with basic weaponry and armor, they will fight for whoever pays the most. Maybe you'll get lucky and these fellas will arrive when the station is crawling with xenos or something.

Research Specimen Transport Ship

A ship transporting dangerous creatures has had to make an emergency pit-stop at the station, as the rear half of their ship had a containment breach, and is boarded up and on lockdown. The issue is, their only security guard hasn't been heard on radio since they were sent to deal with the breach, and these scientists are not equipped to kill these dangerous creatures!

The half of the ship that hasn't gone to hell has a few various slimes and non hostile versions of xenobio creatures like wumborian fugus and scrawny spiders. The blocked off rear half has hostile blobbernauts and mi-gos which have broken out of containment and will require help from the station to deal with.

Just an idea of something that could spice up rounds a bit more, get some rp happening.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Re: New Horrible™ Random Event Idea: Pit stop

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #725111

For some reason when I read the title, I thought it said "Make It Stop" instead of pit stop. I have no actual thoughts on the idea itself outside of free unrestricted non-antag human roles being frowned upon.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #725132

I love this idea, could do some edits to arrivals or make a new section of the station for civilian ships to dock with that has a hop style processing area to hand out temp ID's or something.

My only gripe is the last suggestion, after the R&D ship is fixed, what is in it for the station or the ghost roles? Do they stay around as crew or give them something?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #725286

These ideas ned a little more cook time, but you're on the right track :)
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are