Conveyor Cooking + Baking Tray Loading

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ophaq
Byond Username: Ophaq

Conveyor Cooking + Baking Tray Loading

Post by ophaq » #723149

Hey guys, had some ideas on some good cooking features we really need and would save a lot of time in the kitchen.

1. This one is a gimmicky idea but it also made me realize how lame it is that you can't transfer food onto a griddle via conveyor belt. You have to physically place the food onto it. If griddles could automatically could food by detecting an object placed on top without that manual placement, I'd be able to do some factory cooking. The same could also be applied to deep fryers and ovens. I would try to do this but I have no idea where to start and my coding knowledge is limited to very simple things. Bonus points to this idea if there was a machine that was like a robot arm that could load things from a nearby table into something like a grinder/gibber but that is way more complex. I just really want to make a semi automated burger factory. In the end you would still have to craft the burgers yourself unless of course, there is a machine made that can make foods for you.

2. On the topic of ovens and such, baking trays seriously need a QoL. You have to manually place things onto them which can be very slow. Making them work like serving trays and be able to be loaded onto via serving trays would save a ton of time in baking tray loading/unloading.