Breathing bags

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DrOof
Byond Username: Dr . Oof

Breathing bags

Post by DrOof » #724443

Saw someone say something about this awhile ago, might as well refine it and post it here

Problem:
mediborgs have difficulty curing oxygen loss without using convermol and calling for someone else to do cpr.

Solution:
a new breathing bag upgrade, that is worse at curing oxygen loss than just regular cpr but still offers a different approach than just injecting chems. Somewhat similar to real life, a tube would need to be inserted down the throat first, then just using the bag would start it. Afterwards, the tube and bag would have to be removed so they don’t go walking off with the tube.

Not a game changing idea, but a neat one I believe
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Breathing bags

Post by Jeb » #724470

Instead of a mediborg module, imagine if we had O2 pipes that ran to oxygen masks near the tables and could be interacted with similar to IV's. O2 could either be piped from tanks in storage or if you trust atmosia enough, a direct line up from there (or a filter on the air line that breaks off oxygen that someone could fiddle with to send fart gas to the oxygen masks).
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
DrOof
Byond Username: Dr . Oof

Post by DrOof » #724474

Jeb wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 pm Instead of a mediborg module, imagine if we had O2 pipes that ran to oxygen masks near the tables and could be interacted with similar to IV's.
This is so much simpler I love it
Kitfox
Byond Username: Kitfox88

Post by Kitfox » #724518

Adds possibility of Shenanigans as well, which is always nice.