Buff changeling's digital camoflague

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Should Digital Camoflague make you invisible to silicons?

Yes, totally
59%
Yes, but the AI should see you during an attack animation to prevent invisible murderbonery
27%
No, this is awful
5%
I have my own suggestion (Put in thread)
9%
I don't care, ling is awful, nothing will fix it
No votes

Total votes: 22

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Buff changeling's digital camoflague

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #88538

In order to help changelings, the stealth antag which really isn't, I have a suggestion. Changelings are generally busted when they go loud/get seen by someone and the relentless eye of the AI hunts them down with impossible accuracy, sometimes even if you have digital camo up. (Manual tracking obviously still works, even if the automatic verb doesn't)This is then followed by every borg on station validkilling you.

So my suggestion is this:
Make digital camoflague make you completely invisible to silicons. The AI cannot see you, and neither can borgs.
This both adds to the confusion levels of changeling attacks ( "HALP STEINER KILLING ME!!!","Beep boop there's nobody there NICE TRY")
and also helps changelings get away from the silicons, so if you want to hunt them down you need to do it yourself, and all the AI can do is call for help when you fall over and start spewing blood.

Y/N?

Come on, lings need a stealth buff, and a pretty major one too.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Buff changeling's digital camoflague

Post by Scones » #88543

Lings already dunk borgs with EMP

Digital Camo should make you exempt from appearing on the camera list
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #88579

Wait digital camouflage lets you be tracked even with it on? What's the point of even getting it then?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #88603

Xhuis wrote:Wait digital camouflage lets you be tracked even with it on? What's the point of even getting it then?
This, The fuck bro?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #88622

I think he means manually following a ling with the AI eye rather than double-click-tracking. If that DOES work, then it is a bug. I cannot say I am a fan of this, but it is a lot better in my opinion to make the cloaking options certain antagonists have (Ninja, Ling, Agent Cards - except the ones for Ops) work like this, rather than nuking the tracking ability altogether, making every useful function an AI provides to the crew an absolute nightmare for the player to perform.

It should NOT work on borgs or in the AI chamber, though. Being killed by something completely invisible and impossible for you to stop or defend yourself is absolutely horrid gameplay. The human equivalent is the ninja's cloaking ability, would you find it acceptable to suddenly be flashed and beaten to death in seconds, having no idea what happened?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #88624

Being literally invisible to silicons is really shitty, considering lings literally have an unbeatable counter to silicons with their EMP.

camo making them invis on camers (to the AI AND anyone using the camera console) would be good though.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #88636

lumipharon wrote:Being literally invisible to silicons is really shitty, considering lings literally have an unbeatable counter to silicons with their EMP.
Not exactly shilling for invisible lings here, but it's definitely not an unbeatable counter. And number of borgs that's greater than 1 (which isn't unrealistic with posibrains being a recent addition) or a human being anywhere near a borg will stop a ling dead due to a lack of chemicals.

Regardless, being completely invisible to borgs isn't the right way to go about this, but I wouldn't be opposed to it making borgs unable to directly interact with a ling with digital camo on. It's easily the worst ability in the ling's arsenal as it stands, doing basically nothing except giving you a MASSIVE tell that you're a ling (by pretty much outright saying "THIS GUY'S NOT A HUMAN!" in your examine text). IIRC, it also lowers your chem regen count whilst active. With so many drawbacks you'd imagine the ability would have some really great buffs.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #88677

As a bonus, maybe make the ling not appear on any photos that are taken while camo'd.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #88696

I'll see if I can finagle and blunder my way into making changelings invisible to cameras, the way cult runes are, but visible if you bump into them in the hallway.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #88719

I think it's done by setting their invisibility layer.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #88720

Cult runes are made invisible to the AI by making a blank image (/image) where the rune is, setting it's override to 1, adding it to the overlays of the rune, and then adding all those "invis-images" to the AI's client.images.
私は完璧
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #89085

Make them invisible on camaras
But if your wearing clothes you see clothings floating around
The future is horrible!
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89092

That might actually be a good idea, especially if you remove the "Blatantly unhuman" part