JUKEBOX

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

JUKEBOX

Post by Scones » #89811

IF THERE IS ONE THING WORTH STEALING FROM EDGY RUSSIAN SS13 RAPE SIMULATOR

IT IS THE JUKEBOX THAT LETS YOU UPLOAD YOUR OWN SOUNDS

PUT IT IN THE BAR

ALL PIGS MUST DIE
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Re: JUKEBOX

Post by Atticat » #89812

Actually imo the jukebox is one of the worst things about the game.I mean, I really hate those songs.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #89813

Only if you make it so you can 1. activate it by punching it, ala The Fonz, and 2. take records out of it and use them as throwing weapons.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Scones

Post by Scones » #89814

I just want to be able to play Moonman in my bar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #89827

i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #89841

Nobody uses the space piano anymore?
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #89849

I'm pretty sure it's been broken for quite a while now. Most songs sound really bad compared to how they did before.
Scones

Post by Scones » #89852

all pigs must die
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89856

Tokiko2 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's been broken for quite a while now. Most songs sound really bad compared to how they did before.
MrPerson insists there's nothing wrong though, and that nothing has changed despite everything having fucked up, and most of the actually good coders are too busy fixing bugs for their FeatureFreeze points to fix unreported issues
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #89870

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Tokiko2 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's been broken for quite a while now. Most songs sound really bad compared to how they did before.
MrPerson insists there's nothing wrong though, and that nothing has changed despite everything having fucked up, and most of the actually good coders are too busy fixing bugs for their FeatureFreeze points to fix unreported issues
I know jukebox thread aint bpm discussion thread but my 2 cents are here.

If you're only using wiki songs i don't know what to tell you nerds yer doing it wrong.
I use the tool that comes with the tgcode to convert midis to songs for the guitar/piano/violin. And nearly all of the gig of midis I use work fine enough with MrP's "update". while you lack the finer control to get a song that sounds iffy to sound just right most songs that I have that were totally garbage before work amazingly well now even if there don't 100% complete the sound. Most of the wiki songs are really old and if you're using them I don't know what to tell you.

I think a jukebox would be cool but I don't think we can trust anyone to not abuse it. Unless you are saying you want a jukebox that works like the piano but like combines the piano/guitar/bass/violin/keyboard/etc layers into actually plays midis then I would be totally for that, but like I said I don't think you can trust people to not be obnoxious with it.

edit: actually on the above idea if this jukebox functioned as all the instruments and you put in a track for each one and then clicked play and it plays all of them that would be pretty cool, but then again if all the normies use the wiki songs it's not going to see much use.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89876

Oh, I know what to tell you: Update the wiki. Copypasta some of your converted songs on there.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MeatShake
Byond Username: MeatShake

Post by MeatShake » #89930

I spent a good 10 minutes on the few songs I uploaded and nobody ever plays them!

I personally would rather more instruments get added along with perhaps a musician job and an instrument synchronization tool kind of like what they do in Warband Napoleonic Wars.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #89932

DemonFiren wrote:Oh, I know what to tell you: Update the wiki. Copypasta some of your converted songs on there.
I thought about doing that but I'm a lazy creature, and because I want to be a special snowflake that plays songs no one else uses, and the fact that I don't know what half of the songs are even named because the files are named like "ad3k.midi" or similar and figuring out the proper names seemed like too much of a hassle. I might pick out some of the better ones like ten or so and try adding them.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90029

Blah copyright issues blah
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #90047

letting people upload their own songs would consume a *lot* of bandwidth.

also lifeweb jukeboxes are probably just d2k5 jukeboxes, the idea has been around for ages.
problem with d2k5 jukeboxes is that they need a website IIRC, so other servers either leech of our bandwidth or set up their own thang or are just unable to use the jukeboxes.

a big problem with the piano right now is that it's disabled by default for some reason, which sucks.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted