Mode: Tantrum Spiral

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Mode: Tantrum Spiral

Post by Balut » #90937

Basically, one person/a few people on the station have a disease called Space Madness or fucking whatever, which, upon finishing its incubation, makes them receive halved damage, naturally produce hyperizine, and gives them the objectives "Abandon your duties" and "You are BERSERK, robust EVERYTHING". Maybe as an added touch, give their vision a red overlay or something.

Space Madness has no symptoms aside from going berserk, and spreads via touch, I guess.

Give it a fairly hefty incubation time, to allow the person to spread it a bit before going berserk themselves.

Space Madness wins when the station pop is 90% berserk or dead, or there is someone on the shuttle with Space Madness to spread the disease at Centcomm. The crew wins if (EDIT)no(/EDIT) live people are infected by Space Madness.
Last edited by Balut on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Mode: Tantrum Spiral

Post by ThanatosRa » #90940

Sounds like a completely horrific griff fest. HOWEVER, if a cure can be developed by Virology, then that could also be a win condition.

EDIT: Also, perhaps a side objective for infected to create some wonder or acquire some item(something obscure and hard to get so like... the captain can't meta and give over his medal or something prevent the madness), to continue the parallels of the namesake.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Balut

Post by Balut » #90946

The initial idea was to have it be a memetic virus that jumped from person to person every five minutes or so, so you could never know or trust who would suddenly go batshit and pummel you into the ground, but then I remembered virology is both a thing and underutilized.

And yeah, a vaccination would be a good way to reduce berserker madness. I want to say that it should need frost oil to help the disease chill out, but I'm sure that level of interdependency when everyone's going nuts will mean it never actually happens.

Also, yes. Grife.

**COUNTER-EDIT**
Clearly they infected would need to pile their victims corpses around a chair. When they have like, 10 or so, they can use a verb to gib the bodies and turn the chair into a Skull Throne, which spawns half the 10 guys immediately as Bloodletters, holding the rest in reserve for if any of the Bloodletters get robusted. KHRONE-SIE WAS BEHIND IT ALL ALONG.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #91078

It'd be a bloodbath for sure, but so is Revolution and Cult. I like it.

At least three people should have it at first, with a fairly low spread chance. We'd want to give the virus a fighting chance at the beginning, but we don't want it to steamrolling the station every time after it reaches critical mass.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #91160

needs random radio gibbering too. But a new more aggressive set of quotes.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Balut

Post by Balut » #91202

Just Duke Nukem quotes and Doom Guy quotes, obv. Only after they hit maximum mad though.

As an addendum to the 'chill out' idea of curing Space Madness, what if the cure was cryoxadone? Possibly NOT clonexadone, though I dunno if that would be doable with current code. Only applicable if it's applied cryo, of course.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #91203

It'd be fun if those afflicted with the madness had a really absurd objective, like to collect X X and X of Y Y and Y, or to gather X X and X in a particular arrangement in a particular area
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Balut

Post by Balut » #91233

Adding new weird objectives and actually tracking them seems like it would make coding this a lot harder, unless you mean just having it automatically be a success, like custom objectives are. I-I was also kinda focusing on the MAD part of madness, also - having a 'collect ten cow butts' quest might distract a little bit from 'robust literally everything'. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. making guy get three spears or four BoHs sounds like it would be hilarious though.

A thought occurs that 'dress up in [insert costume set here]' would be a good such objective, but then the theatre would turn into a blood bath - conveniently next to the chef. Does eating meat from an infected person transfer the disease?

A-also since the ragers don't actually have escape as an objective it might be a little strange.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #91267

Clonex doesn't actually exist anymore, so it would have to be cryoxadone (or like, frost oil or cryostylane).
Balut

Post by Balut » #91315

Oh yeah, I forgot the chem overhaul was a thing.

Can you tell I haven't played on /tg/station in awhile.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #91317

Meat transfers reagents. Not sure about disease.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91543

Balut wrote: making guy get three spears or four BoHs sounds like it would be hilarious though.
Balut wrote: four BoHs
I'll just put this in here for safekeepi- BWOINK
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91562

Actually, you get a pop-up before putting one BoH into another.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91578

DemonFiren wrote:Actually, you get a pop-up before putting one BoH into another.
обнять коробка
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91636

Excuse me, I do not speak vodka.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91650

Urist McDorf had been taken by a fey mood!
Urist demand a toolbox!
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #92028

I like this with some tweaking. Perhaps make it so someone who is bezerk cannot use projectile weapons however? Just to make things a bit more even.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #92101

Make them all clumsy, like Clowns. If you're batshit it would make sense that you're not exactly firing on all cylinders.
Balut

Post by Balut » #92399

Makes sense to me.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #92533

Objectives to collect or wear completely random items/clothing of various security levels doesn't sound bad, in addition to staying alive until the end.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #92539

Rev: Unchained Edition
"It's rev but we stopped pretending that there's a real objective and now it's basically just grief but valid."

To be honest I'd be okay with it as long as it's about as rare as (or more rare than) ragin' mages. It would give players a chance to unwind every now and again by doing some mindless grief. Essentially, it'd be like when the shuttle docks at centcomm and everyone starts murdering each other, but the whole round.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: